Old 05-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 166.5/162.5/130

Height: 4'11

Default Would like to join!

Hello girls!

I am very close to ordering Medifast. I have been reading all of your posts and they seem very positive.

We just got home from vacation today, and just being in a bathing suit amongst other summer type clothing I realized it's time I take charge and lose some weight. There were way to many mirrors (which I try and avoid at all costs) in that house and I just couldn't believe what I saw. I was quite embarrassed.

Anyway, just thought I would say hello. I would love to be a part of the medifast group.

I was thinking of ordering the two week plan at first to see if I like it. Do any of you veterans have any advice on what I should do?

I am excited to begin, but don't want to get my hopes up. My goal is to lose 50 lbs, I would appreciate any advice you guys could give!

TIA

J
jmcNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:52 PM   #17  
Operator265

Welcome Tia. I think you're making a good choice with the 2 week supply. It's a good start and not too much if you find out you don't like it or it doesn't fit your lifestyle. I went with the 4 and 1 free. So far so good.

I like the convenience of MF because I have to lunch bag it to work. I now have an assortment of thermoses and a boatload of Zip-Loc bags. I can usually get everything set up the night before and prep it in the morning in about 15 min. Best of all, I don't get hungry during the day. I've even had to cram down a couple of shakes just before bed to keep my metabolism up.

I've lost 18 lbs in 3 weeks, but I've been getting physical at work. I have plenty of energy and, except for breaking old habits, I haven't felt much in the way of "withdrawls".

Good Luck with your decision. If you have questions just ask. We'll try to answer the best we can.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:24 AM   #18  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Default My Weigh In today

I am down 5.4 pounds today! 22 more to go and I am at goal...and to think I almost ate a pumpkin muffin last night.
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #19  
Releasing the inner hiker

Wow! Great losses everyone!

Welcome, JMC. I think the 2 week pack is a great idea. Just be aware that it takes a few days for you to receive your next shipment, so after the first 8 days or so, make sure you order your next shipment, so that you can continue. (that is, if you decide in those 8 days that you want to continue, lol.) I'm still a newbie on the program, but in 2 weeks I've lost 13lbs. (I'm also not following the program exactly, preferring to eat 1400 calories a day rather than their 800-1000. I eat a larger Lean & Green and add cheese to get my calories up a little higher.)

Operator, how is your pup?

Does anyone else have a hard time getting the 8 cups of water in a day? I feel like I'm already always drinking. I also add more water to every one of the meals because they taste better to me. So, for example, instead of the 1/2 cup of water the oatmeal calls for, I add 1.25 cups of water. I haven't been considering that extra liquid as part of the water I should drink for the day, but maybe I should? All I know is that when it is cold and rainy, like it has been for the last 3 days, it is hard for me to drink a lot of water.

I go back to school tomorrow after having this past week off for Spring Break. I'm looking forward to getting into a schedule again. It is so much easier for me to stay OP when I'm constantly busy, whereas this week of traveling, visiting friends, and bumming around the house has led to eating more than I should have. I'll be surprised if I show a 2lb loss on Thursday, my next weigh in day.

Have a good day everyone!
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:29 PM   #20  
Gettin' Veggie With It!

S/C/G: 02/16/11 196/184/125

Height: 5'8"

Jen,

I was having a hard time drinking all of the water too because I just got tired of it. I found some infusers at the store 4C and they taste great, make it much easier to finish my water and I called a MF rep and she told me they are fine.

Jen
abovethedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #21  
Operator265

I remember a several years ago being told by a personal trainer(friend) that we are becoming obsessed with drinking water. He thought it was an ad campaign to sell overpriced bottled tap water. Basically, he said to drink when you're thirsty and when you are excersizing. Outside of that, the best thing to do is pay attention to your lips and somewhat your nasal linings. If they are moist and not cracking, you are doing fine.

Funny thing is I just saw a "medical" commentator on one of the morning shows say the same thing just a few weeks ago and an article recently in the Parade section of the Sunday paper that called the water drinking thing a "Myth" that's caught on with the medical profession. I have gone by our friend's advice for 8 to 10 years and have never had a problem. I drink about 3-5 glasses of water a day and do fine.

Jen-Not real sure about Muffy yet. We've GOT to get him to pee and now his hind legs are acting weak. I'm going to push him to walk some and hopefully he'll be back on his way. I'm a total ***** at work for the first couple of hours, and everytime I get a call on the radio I about have a panic attack thinking my girls have called to say something is wrong. I think I'm going to have my oldest take him into the vet's tomorrow. They love him, but I just don't think they give him enough attention when I'm not here. Also, school is in tomorrow, so he'ld be alone for several hours. Please keep praying for him.

Last edited by Operator265; 05-04-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #22  

Default I did it!

Well, thanks to all your wonderful posts I bit the bullett!

I ordered the two week plan, and I am sooooo hoping it will work out. I am confident that it will. It's just hard to imagine being thin again. The last time I was close to my goal wait was about 10 years ago. I got down to 123 the sad thing is that I still felt fat. What I wouldn't do to be that weight now.

I will keep you guys posted, I don't think I will see my order for about a week.

Thanks again for the advice

J
Old 05-05-2008, 07:32 PM   #23  
Operator265

My Sweet Boy had to be put to sleep today. I've posted a memorial on Pudgy Pets under General Chatter. Thanks for your love and support y'all.

Last edited by Operator265; 05-05-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #24  

Oh, Operator, I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 240/235/175

Height: 5'9"

Wink Made it so far...

Hi everyone!

Welcome jmc...

I have been in the worst detox period in my life, but I did it and I am not giving up In 4 days I lost 5 lbs.

I can say that nothing prepares you for the first days, but on day 5 I am in smooth sailing. I cannot stress how bad it was and I thought I was always going to feel terrible-thank goodness I am feeling much better. For all of the people wanting to start or just starting here is what I went through: hunger, lethargy, aches, pains, cravings, headaches and so much self doubt.

I can say that right now it is totally worth it, I know I can do this!
Uniqleeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 226/206/150

Height: 5'7

Unhappy

Operator-I am so sorry to hear about your dog. I've been there before so I know how painful that is.

MeltingAwayinDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #27  
Operator265

Thanks y'all for your concern. I took the day off work today. Didn't feel safe with as tired as I am from this last week.

I did still lose 2 lbs. this week. My metabolism has been so low and I wasn't getting alot of meals in. I've always been a stress sleeper and all of the pain goes into my stomach. But I've got to atleast keep my eating right. No one will be helped if I let myself go to ****. My DDs need me to remember I'm still their mom.

Love Y'all!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #28  

Operator, I'm glad you took off work. Your job sounds stressful so hopefully you were able to rest a little today.

Uniqleeme, the first days are really hard. I was hungry and cranky as well, but then it all just...goes away. The days I overate were emotional triggers, not physical. I (obviously) have issues with food, so I have to deal with those issues, which seems to be easier on this plan. For a fact, I haven't had the sugar binges like I used to have.

I've been doing really well the last few days. I was hoping for a 2lb loss this week, but I've lost 3 so far and I have 2 more days until my next weigh in.

I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:14 PM   #29  

Default Tomorrow

Well I tracked my order and it should be here tomorrow. Not bad I just ordered it on Sunday night.

I am not sure yet when I want to start it, my b-day is Thursday so I might wait till after that. Trying to figure out what day I want my weigh in to be. I think I will start it on Friday, seems like a good day for a weigh in.

Hope everyone is doing well!

J
Old 05-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! Sorry, I've been AWOL the past few days. I've been stressful work lately and have been dealing with a sick kitty. Luckily she's fine, just scratched an eye and has an ear infection. But between forcing her medicine on her and her yowling all night has really tired me out. Bleh! The good news is that I've forced myself to keep on plan and have still been squeezing on my workouts. I'm down 2lbs from last Friday! I'm hoping to hit three by weigh in.

Operator, I hope your doing better. It's good you took a day off. You probably needed it after the past week.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote