Old 09-24-2001, 07:04 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Monday September 24

Welcome back, ZAN!

Happy Monday. Fall is in the air here although it is quite balmy still. There were deer in the meadow this a.m. eating tops off soybeans. A flock of geese flew by while we were out there. Hershey looks on them as big dogs in her space and woofs at them.

We had a lovely day yesterday with a picnic after Church up on Foley "Mountain" - a great spot with gorgeous views of a lake. The trees are definitely starting to change. After lunch Hersh and I went on the Village Heritage Walk - very enjoyable. Drinks on the deck and then BBQ finished up a lovely day. Wish I could have shared it with you all.

Today I'm making a huge pot of Soup au Pistou (like Minestrone) - some for lunch and lots to freeze. There are some fall days where a soup lunch is absolutely necessary.

I didn't think I was far off plan but the scale is showing a gain. I started journalling every extra last Tuesday and was just amazed to see what I was sneaking in. Have to devise some coping strategies fast. I know that I am inclined to nibble (really gobble) while getting dinner so am planning to have LC veggies ready for that bad time. This is so dumb!

Anyhow, enough whining. DH is off to the gym soon. My eczema is nearly gone so I will be starting swimming again soon. For today, a walk will be my exercise. I need to walk to the cemetary to verify some dates for our family tree.

Have a good Monday, Chickies.
Old 09-24-2001, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Morning Chickies!

Good Morning Ruth and the gang! Where is everybody??? Must be a busy Monday morning for all!

I am so proud of myself - I got in 5 days of exercise last week. That's normal for me, but my life has not been normal in sooooooo long that it is a major accomplishment for me.

I had plans to get up at 5 this morning and do an exercise tape, but for some reason I have the sickest headache I can ever remember and it is just now easing off enough for me to even put in my contacts! hehe It was a bad one! Thankfully it is easing up now!

I'm gonna check out the chatroom and see if it is up and running?

I see that today is cin's birthday! Way cool!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs, Cathy
Old 09-24-2001, 10:57 AM   #3  

Morning Ruth, Cathy, and all the chickies to follow,

Busy as usual, caught a cold from my boys, so I am snotty with a sore throat and plugged ears. But no time to be down.

Boy Scout pizza dinner tonight (but none for me!).

Catch you all later.

jenny
Old 09-24-2001, 11:46 AM   #4  

Just a quick Howdy from here! I have not even read the daily yet...hope to get back some time today to really read and post.

Just enough time for a little nasal spray and to pick mom up and visit with Jiff.
Did major fly lady crap today...managed to break a whole lot of stuff Guess life is getting back to a bit more normal!

later gaters!
peach
Old 09-24-2001, 06:02 PM   #5  
Slimwithin

We woke up to wind and rain in Edinburgh this morning, but #1 daughter and I decided that wasn't going to keep us down. Hey! We're from the Wet Coast so what do we care about a bit of rain? Daughter #2 and her hubby had gone off to work so we were on our own to brave the bus system. Fortunately, Edinburgh folks are very friendly and helpful and we had no trouble finding our way to the Royal Mile. We worked our way downhill (my favorite direction), wandered through a museum dedicated to the history of the Scottish common folks which was very interesting, popped into numerous gift shops and spreading our hard earned money about, finally winding up at Holyrood Palace, quite spectacular, and paid our pounds to do the tour. Lots of stairs, including some 30 narrow, steep, winding stairs leading up to the bedroom of Mary Queen of Scots.
Must have been servants' stairs because I sure couldn't imagine her in all her regalia managing them.
After a bit more hiking (unfortunately once you go DOWN the Royal Mile you then have to go back UP it), we finally found a bus to take us home where I crawled into a warm bath to soak away my aches and pains. My feet in the new walking shoes are holding up well and my knees aren't doing too bad, but the HIPS!! Och, mon, the hips!
Anyhow, I'm managing to stay more or less OP and I think the unaccustomed walking will burn off any extra I may be eating. That's my hope anyhow. LOL
So glad to see you all here where you're supposed to be. This the only favorite site of mine that I've been able to access because I forgot to bring my passwords for my other sites. Duh!
Really enjoying myholiday so far. Bye for now.
LindaBC
Old 09-24-2001, 06:09 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Linda - if you send me your daughter's email addy at [email protected], I can send you at least one URL
Otherwise would you like me to post your travelogue in another
website for ya? I'd take out the foody stuff - and maybe add a few kilt checking reports.
Do you trust me? LOL
Old 09-24-2001, 06:11 PM   #7  

Linda - I love hearing about your adventure! Kind of makes me feel like I'm there. I want to know if you start eating some of those disgusting, internal organ, wierd foods that my mother encountered on her trip to Scotland!
Keep posting!
Chickadee
Old 09-24-2001, 08:15 PM   #8  
Big Loser

Evening all!!

I am very late today! Horrible day at work. Preparing for cutbacks, I hate messing with other peoples lives.....I hope everyon else has had a nice day. DH did do the shopping tonite and came home with a chicken from the deli and some green beans..that was nice as I was very late.....

Talk to you all tommorrow!!

Lets all think good thoughts for Mum2five as she is having a rough time and for Kirei who is still out of action.......
Old 09-24-2001, 09:25 PM   #9  
Senior Chicky

I've been fighting with my server this afternoon and FINALLY got in!!! Hmmm, not too happy as I payed two years in advance.

DH is griping that I'm on the 'puter already, but tuff booty!

Actually, I know that I don't have long. I started off with twelve pieces of chicken, yellow rice, cauliflower and green beens. From all the neighborhood kids I just fed we have about 1/2 cup of cauliflower left! AND I HAVENT EATEN YET !! That's okay, as I know the kids have, but now I will probably run and get prefried chicken or a hamburger! No wonder I can't lose weight....I can't tell these kids no! You know what gets me? Three of these boys have called me in the past couple hours asling how to cook somethhing. After it was cooked and served to the "babies" THEY came over here to eat. You tell me how I could tell them that I might not have enuff. Oy! Probably a hamburg for me tonight, BUT they did what was right.

Love and Prayers from your chubby chick friend~~J

Tomorrow I will plan better AND be S-U-C-C-E-S-S ful (and feed all the kids ! lol)

Last edited by MamaJ; 09-24-2001 at 09:28 PM.