Old 09-01-2001, 07:10 AM   #16  

Unhappy "Workin' in a coal mine. Go'in on down, down."

For those of you not familiar with country music, the subject line is from a famous song. Suits my attitude today. Here it is my first long weekend since Idependence Day and I let some whining office worker convince me to give up my Saturday morning so he could go golfing! Oh, well. The 6 hours of OT will help when picking up the back-to-school lay-a-ways next weekend.

Yesterday was anything but OP. Too much stress, too little time, and PMS. Need I say more? Never made it to the grocery store last night. Didn't have an egg to cook or any cheese either. Stopped at Dunkin' Donuts and got a Cranberry/Apple bagel with Maple/Walnut Cream Cheese. I ate 1/2 and squashed the rest in a pile of napkins so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any more. Not OP but better than before I went LC.

Talk about stress. This afternoon we are attending a dinner that my husband's ex-wife is hosting at a restuarant in her home town. We are celebrating Jennifer (my step-daughter) turning 13 tomorrow. While his ex and I are cordial enough on the phone, we seem to start getting snippy (she starts it! ) when we are face to face for too long. I really don't want a scene to ruin Jen's night. Hopefully, she'll behave this time. I know I plan on keeping my mouth busy with water (Ha! Though I was going to say food didn't you?!).

Had my annual exam yesterday. My doctor is a bit concerned because my blood pressure is up (never happened in the past). When I mentioned that my mother had a full hysterectomy (sp?) 8 months ago because they found the early stages of ovarian and cervical cancer, she was even less thrilled. It's a new doctor for me. She seems to be really concerned for my health. Anyway, she's ordered some blood work this coming week to check my cholesterol, thyroid, and check for diabetes (runs in my family). Then she scheduled me for a (Ugh!) mamogram. She wasn't going to (I'm only 37) but since Mom had a lump removed 3 years ago (benign, thank you Lord) she thought it would be a good precaution. Isn't life grand? It's the first time I've gone in for my annual exam and walked away with tests scheduled. Needless to say, last night was not a good sleeping night. Yes, I know I'm lucky to be healthy and that the tests are just to be sure. But Mom's initial tests were just to be sure, too. (Sorry, PMS makes me always see the black side of things. Too many hormonal changes. Just ignore me. )

The good news is that she thinks the Atkin plan is OK. Although if my cholesterol is up, I'll have to modify it a bit (less high fats, reduce sodium, etc.)

Sorry to ramble on. I don't know why they insisted someone be here today for coverage. It's a ghost town! I guess I'll catch up on my filing.

Talk to you all soon. Oh. And sorry for the "me" letter. Blame it on PMS.

Last edited by jdoneil1; 09-01-2001 at 07:14 AM.