Old 11-08-2004, 07:13 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default November 8th Weekly Chick Chat

Morning, Taking the kids to school and going to hit the Eliptical. I futzed with my computer most of yesterday. Itunes was eating up all of my memory! Had to hand delete all of the duplicate stuff and in some cases was 10 or 15 duplicates, so make a long story short i did not get to the eliptical!

happy week to all, I will check in later...
-L
Old 11-08-2004, 07:17 AM   #2  

Default November 8 to November 14 Daily Chat

good monday!

blue skies but cold today...it's been mild the last week or so, and finally feels like November.

Just have a minute to start us up and say a quick hi to all. Have a good day today- do some exercise, and eat a vegetable!

dottie at 7 am.
It's off to work we go!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:42 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday Morning! it's cold here too! I've already eated a vegetable - V8 with breakfast - and have my knee support on ready to walk down for the newspaper with Miss Lucy.

Gail comes this morning and most of the tidying is done. I'm sure she'll concentrate on the kitchen floor this morning as the way the painters cleaned up will not meet her high standards!

I'm smack dab in the middle of rehearsal horror show week so don't worry if I'm not around much. I still don't know my lines but AM getting better - slowly. The male lead still has to have script in hand! Oy!

I'm hoping to get some more bulbs planted today. Wish me luck!

Have a good day!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:53 AM   #4  

Happy Monday! do we have 2 chats going on this week?

Thanks everyone for your kind, encouraging words. Such a good feeling- definitely gives me a boost to continue on with it- now that I'm actualy SEEING changes.

This week hopefully will go by fast- got lots to look forward to- saturday I go for my first dress fitting so I can take Bridals in January and Sunday we meet our pastor again.

Flatts concert was awesome! We actually changed our first dance song (again!) to the song "Broken Road" it's supposed to be their next single... "God blessed the broken road, that led me straight to you...." Gotta talk to our DJ and ask him to get that song when he can. and our dance classes- I don't think that will matter (we're taking dance classes and having our first dance choreographed for us) but we only know 3 steps so far- we've only been 2ce and the first time was alot of talking about what we wanted her to do and thing.

Hope you get your bulbs planted Ruth! I have no green thumb at all! I have a spider plant (that will live through anything! I can't kill it!) and that's all the flowers/ plants I can keep- everything else doesn't like me!

Hi to everyone!
Old 11-08-2004, 08:58 AM   #5  

Happy Monday L! Just wanted to tell you I replied to the other weekly post...

We all need clones! you could be doing eliptical and someone else could be cleaning out the computer! I could be working out and not taking that time away from my family (and making Chris cook supper! hehehehe) Oh well, just get back on it today!
Old 11-08-2004, 09:54 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Just combined threads. Maybe we should start a new week only on a Monday?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Thanks Ruthie! I do believe it IS Moanday

Dottie, Ihope you are still making time for yourself and DH is pitching in a little more.

Kandice I am so gald you had fun. I am going to check out that new song...reward for moving on the elliptical. And congrats on the Jeans, such a great mark for hard work...

Ruth, have fun with the play, I am sure your leading man will come though...I love "gail" days!

We did some major purging this weekend. i feel less cluttered. I am redecorating the kids rooms and met with the decorator on Friday. I like most of what she has chosen. I am going to finally get an office out of all of it too. No more paper storage around the house for me...woohooo!

Ok off to sweat...
-L
Old 11-08-2004, 10:07 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

It's SNOWING!!!!! Dammit!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:44 AM   #9  
Let's Start Over

Thumbs up Slowly getting started

I'm slowly getting started back on Low Carb. My biggest down fall has been getting off Mountain Dew...I'm down to one a day and hopefully today that will end as well. The headaches are here but not as bad as they were the last time

It's hard to get started on something when your whole family can eat what they want. The last time, thought, I was able to start cooking and my husband didn't even notice the difference until he started loosing weight and for him that is ok but not too much.

Anyway, everyone have a great Monday
Old 11-08-2004, 12:42 PM   #10  
Let's Start Over

Question Renewing Vows

I have a question...I have been doing some searching on places for my husband and I to renew our vows in Sept 2005. The problem is this ...we met in the Army and his family is in Minnesota and mine are in WV and we live in VA. We want to have an anniversary party for out 10 years but at the same time renew our vows since we got married so quickly and without our families. We were thinking of Niagara Falls, but what I want to do is also include things were people can make a weekend out of the trip if needed.

Do you any of you have any ideas of locations that could work?
Thanks
Old 11-08-2004, 12:45 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

Hey Elvis, Congrats on 10 years and wanting to marry him all over again

Have you though about Vegas? There is always airfare specials, some of the hotels are inevpencive, marriage is there trade and the function halls and food are plenty, with TONS of stuff to do.....
-L
Old 11-08-2004, 12:49 PM   #12  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Default Good Morning

Ok, here to confess...........ate waaaay too much halloween candy, sugar high hangover now....YUCK. When will I ever learn. I wanted one of those cute little ticker factory slidy scales, but I have not figured out how to attach it to my signature. grrrrrrrr. Hope u don't mind if I post another pic of my little guy, he did sooo well at the daycare party for halloween (we only got in one house that nite as he was in meltdown mode by then).....he was thrilled that Snow White, Cinder Fella and Sleeping Booty was there! HA He actually took part in some of the activities With his level of autism it is hard to get him to join in with other children, with me I really have to appeal to something that intrests him or he will leave and start tripping out on objects, lining them up, over and over and over again. It is a constant job to keep him focused on the here and now, I am SO GLAD he does not walk backwards anymore!LOL You have no idea how long it takes to walk around the block, with a child who walks backwards. He is saying new words daily, it blows me away. Some things still overwhelm him, like he will eat applesauce, but not an apple (sensory integration disorder), he will eat not touch icecream or jello (no panic there), he does not tolerate sticky things on his hands either. I could go on and on, but the best thing in the world is hearing him speak! I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to hear him call out for me, or say HUG......SQUEEZE.........HA, it is a good day, rain and all.

Cheers
Leona
Attached Images
File Type: jpg He Wins the Cookie Contest.jpg (18.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 11-08-2004, 01:57 PM   #13  
Let's Start Over

L ~
We have thought about Vegas and my husband would love nothing more Just still looking as well...thinking of budgets and something for everyone Thanks for the input
Old 11-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #14  

GATLINBERG, TN is real pretty too. We're getting married in the mtns of western NC.
I'm sure Asheville has something
Old 11-08-2004, 04:20 PM   #15  

You know the little feel good things- I had one today. Just got off the phone with Chris. MIL and her sister came to visit after he got out of work today... they were going on and on about how good the beef stew in the crockpot smelled (been cooking from 7 am- 1 pm and then Chris was supposed to restart it again at 3pm- 5 pm)
Makes me feel good when MIL likes my cooking. I'm taking care of her baby boy- he's definitely not starving!!