Old 08-08-2004, 08:38 PM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Chick Chat August 8-14th

Well it is sunday night and no one has started the weekly so Here i am
We go home tomorrow after being away for nearly 3 weeks, I am looking forward to getting home although my kids desperately want to stay with the grands....we have had a good visit, short and sweet and mot enough time to get on anyones nerves...
I have another picture to post if you can stand it...
see you at home tomorrow
-L
Old 08-09-2004, 01:56 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gorgous sunset, L144S. You do take good pictures, girlfriend.

Today was Gail Day and my house is really looking spiffy! What a woman! May she live forever.

I wrote a script for a presentation we are doing at The Mill this weekend and am debating over getting into the car and going to get some fabric to make a costume for my narrator role. Somebody stop me, please!

All this holiday talk is making me get the urge again. I hope to get some coverage for Harry in October when the Girls are off doing their puppy act and get away. On the other hand, it'd be great to just stay home with no responsibilities and just veg for a while.

I'm off to try to walk the dog with my bum knee and maybe pull a few weeds.

to everyone.
Old 08-09-2004, 07:39 PM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Ruth,
I hope you get the chance to get away...
As for the rest of you WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU!!

Home again after a long day of travel and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and also having better control of my food...

Happy night...
-L
Old 08-10-2004, 09:59 AM   #4  
47 pounds gone!!

Hello all.. I posted once and introduced myself a couple of weeks back but I didn't make it back until now.. I've been doing the low carb thing for about a year and 3 months and so far I have lost 35 pounds! I hit several plateau's along the way... even gave up and gained 13 pounds.. but I couldn't handle being overweight anymore so I kept it up and have had success. I now only have 7 more pounds until I get to my goal weight! It hasn't been easy!! But I'm sure you all know where I am coming from.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:17 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Good going, Shelley! It's nice to see you again.

L144S, I'd need to read last week's post but weren't some folks going on holiday?

Sarah was here to do gardening this morning but it just poured. I am getting so sick of rain! At least I'm not in a wet tent in some soggy campsite! Harry and I will go to the Library this morning and then may go out for lunch. (I meet with the so-called actor to go over my script at 1:30 so it will have to be a quick lunch. )

Tonight I have a meeting with Church folks to get started on the selection process for a new minister. what a farce! We all know the Bishop has already decided who we get! I DO hate having my time wasted!

Sheesh! I sound whiney! Sorry!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #6  

hi all-
it's pretty quiet here, vacations perhaps/

Glad to see you back, L. your pics were a nice touch-thanks! loved the sunset.
Hi Ruth, does that mean you're coming on vacation? NY/NJ is nice in the fall!
Shelly- you are just in time to give inspiration and help! I'm struggling to get "back" and doing a teeney-tiney bit better...but not there yet. It was great to read your post. Are you doing any particular plan?(did you tell us this already and I forgot? sorry if you did)

as for me, a busy weekend, up to MA to a wedding and back late. Busy at work but now settling down to normal, a little quieter. Nothing really new. the wedding was sweet, outdoors, they were reallly happy and the weather cooperated. but about 10 hours on the road for about 3 hours of festivities. But that was the best we could do.

not much else. I am working hard on re-introducing myself to a whole new food group. Have you heard of them? VEGETABLES! I have been eating carbs with meat for so long. I added fruit back in about a month ago, and was trying to remember veggies, but it was on and off. I made some asparagus in a nice balsamic vinegrette. then I put fresh green beans in the same dressing. had a sliced tomato with mayo and salt. Thinking of having that asparagus every day it was so good! will this help the scale? we'll see.

that's it for now. Time to get back to work. I'll be back later,
dottie

(dottiejon)
Old 08-10-2004, 02:39 PM   #7  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Here I am, had a quiet weekend. Little man was with a friend for the weekend so I had a break. I have been eating low carb and doing good, not many slip ups, a few too many carrots I am sure, on induction but no binges, so a pat on the back for me. LOL I am in no panic to lose the weight, I will approach it at a slow and steady pace. I know I have lost weight, I will not weigh myself for another week or so. I am now in a size 12, some 14's all depends on the brand I find. Our weather is hot here today, gonna showaar and put on some shorts, time to move this body. Hope u Ladies have a wonderful day.

Hey any good lunch ideas for packing a guys lunch on Atkins? He is a carnivour so that helps! :-)
Old 08-11-2004, 07:35 AM   #8  

Wednesday morning-
getting ready for work; it's muggy here today! yuk. the air is like soup.

having dinner with DM and (L144S, what do you say, lovely bride? how can I say, devoted husband?) It's the DH's birthday, and his own kids aren't taking him out, but we are. Well, we're going to a nice Italian place I've never been to, so I'm looking forward to the meal. DS,BIL and DN will be there, that'll be fun.

should be quiet at work, a lot of people are off on vacation so not much is getting done. That's OK with me~!

have a good one!
dottie

Meowna- does he have access to a microwave? chicken thighs and drumsticks,leftovers from dinners, burgers. HB eggs, tuna salad, chicken salad, turkey salad, over greens with some cukes and peppers and olives. My DH eats grilled chicken breasts over salad almost everyday, I make them on the weekend. Or else I roast a turkey breast and he eats that over salald. he adds nuts and sunflower seeds.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:29 AM   #9  
47 pounds gone!!

dottie-- I'm not doing any particular plan, just doing my own thing. Trying not to intake too many carbs. I have anywhere between 20-35 carbs a day. But I take lots of vitamins so my body can absorb all the protein.

I do reward myself every 2 weeks if I've done good and that gives me an incentive. Wether that be a piece of cheesecake or going out to bath & body at the mall to get me some new smell good stuff. I really love having a good dessert though. I also cut out allllll of my sugar. I am a big coffee and sweet iced tea drinker. I drink coffee all morning long and then tea the rest of the day. That was SO much sugar for me.. and I drank this even while on my diet. I had hit a plateau so I made myself substitute with sweet n low or splenda. It takes a while to get used to but I wouldn't have it any other way now. After I stopped my sugar intake with my coffee and tea, I had lost 5 pounds within almost 2 weeks and broke my plateau.

My big thing was patience. I wanted to lose weight and I wanted to lose it now. But I learned that "Good things come to those who wait." This diet has actually taught me to have more patience. The rewards are just so gratifying.. Sure you will look good but you also FEEL good about yourself. and to feel confident about yourself is more gratifying than anything. That's what I strive for.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:55 AM   #10  

well, Thursday at last.

had a nice dinner last night; great food! I held back and just had a fabulous chopped salad, skirt steak, a couple forkfulls of gorgonzola mashed potatoes and brownies with icecream, that they served on a platter the size of a turkey platter, slabs of gooey brownies scoops of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce drizzled over the whole mess. wow. the birthday boy was happy, he's a chocolate fiend. the rest of us enjoyed it as well!

I'm home this morning cause my neice wants me to come to her camp play, they are putting on "Oliver." I will go into work this afternoon, after it's over. she's been excited as she's never been in a play before. That should be fun. It's rainy and damp here, and reports are for rain for the next 3 days. Yuk, better think of some indoor projects!

that's it for me. how's you alls?

dottie
Old 08-13-2004, 12:47 PM   #11  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

"Slabs of gooey brownies"? Stop talking dirty to me!! LOL, PMS on the loose here. I have been good, need to be more active though. It has been hot here, so not much activity being done, though I will be at the lake this weekend with my little guy and my Bf. So I will get lots of sun and swimming, kneeboarding, boating, walking etc. Thanks for the suggestions Dottie, he has no microwave at work. I do the salad and chick breast thing, but it gets boring after a bit. I will keep looking for ideas. I did buy the low carb bible, very interesting, they make a sushi type roll with cheese, cream cheese and ham, looks so darn cute, I gotta make them! Well ladies, have a great day and weekend! I plan on it.
Old 08-13-2004, 04:43 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Hey, Meowna, are the blackberries ready out there now? It's just a year ago that my DS and I picked quarts of them! so yummy! I was planning to be out there again but life got in the way.

Quote:
to feel confident about yourself is more gratifying than anything.
Shelley, thanks for saying that! I'm finally below 200 again but am plateauing. It is so easy to get discouraged but I do have a new feeling now that I think I've got with the program.

Dottie, that description of the brownie dessert is just disgusting! As MOD I should edit it out. It's not a vegetable, by the way.

L144S, I hope you are enjoying being home after a great holiday. This weather sucks! When do the Little Men go back to school? It's not until the 7th here.

LindaBC, how goes the battle? The weight I mean and the guest prep, not the one with Pete! I wish I could be there to see your fall garden.

Hershey flew back from the west last night and our "family" is now back to alleged normal. Lucy was very delighted to see her mommy back. There was a huge celebration of tail wagging, kissing and ear licking! dogs sure can party!

It's rainy and cold - again! - today so I've been cozying in at home with the PC and some sewing. Not thrilling sewing - mending and a costume piece for Sunday's play at the Mill. My thoughts are turning to fall clothesr, especially that piece of heavy peacock silk. Do you think I might get it made up this year? I am a PhD in procrastination and need to get over it!

Roast chicken for dinner tonight with green beans from the garden. Nothing smells better on a day like today than a chicken roasting! I wish we could share it.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:53 AM   #13  

Hi guys - Just got home a bit ago from San Diego. Can't wait to catch up with everyone but my bed calls (so nice to be home). I'll check back with you all in the morning.

Kel
Old 08-14-2004, 08:25 AM   #14  
Owned by Dixie

Welcome back Kel...Ruth I am enjoying being home but I loved my vacation. I hope you doggies liked their vaccations too

The kids go back the 8th so a few more weeks to go.

I have had a little stomach bug the last few days. i think I am feeling better this morning. Ot looks like a nice day and I hope to get the kids up to the pool for a little while.....

off to get a shower and COFFEE
-L
Old 08-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #15  
Slimwithin

I haven't been in much lately because I'm so disgusted with myself. I keep eating things I shouldn't and way too much of them. Darn carbs! Of course, that's when I should be coming here more often for inspiration (way to go, Shelley). I'm stuck in the house with shades drawn all day because it's so wretchedly HOT out there. This is not typical Wet Coast weather and I don't enjoy it one bit. I want rain and cool temps.

Ruth, my garden isn't looking too good at all so nothing much to see. Most of it has been fried by the heat or eaten by slugs during our short period of rain. This is the worst it's ever looked with the exception of a few hardy, sunloving plants. I haven't even been blackberry picking although I hear they are very good this year. I was going to go but then I discovered two huge bags that I froze last year so I have plenty to make jam with and can save myself the scratches on my arms and hands this year.

Still plugging away on the guest room clean-up. It's coming along but slowly. I have an enormous collection of Gardens West magazines going back 9 years and I'm debating whether or not to keep them. I usually read them cover to cover when I get them and then browse through them again over the next month or so before stashing them and I rarely go back into them once they're stashed. So, what to do? Keep them or trash them? It's hard to know what to do. My inclination at the moment is to get rid of them. Perhaps the thrift shop could make a few cents off them.

Ham and eggs and chopped veggie salad for dinner tonight. Must try to get back on track.