Old 07-18-2004, 11:04 PM   #1  
come run with me!

Question scales...........

Does anyone else find themselves jumping on the scale every time you walk past it? LOL.

My question is......does anyone else bounce as much as 6-7 lbs during the day?
If I wiegh in soon as I get up in morning I can be anywhere from 6-7-8 lbs lighter than I am even a few hours later in the day.
Thru out the day I find it varies back and forth.

Its hard to know what you actually wiegh but I just watch what my "high" number is and every week the high number seems to be a few lower *S*.......
thats what I go by........

but I am just curious if this is normal.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:52 AM   #2  
One day at a time

the funny thing about our weight is that it fluctuates throughout the day. most people weigh less in the morning. i suggest hiding your scale so your not seeing it all the time.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:19 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

You should weigh yourself in the morning, that, from what I've heard is your true weight. And try weighing yourself only once a week.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:50 AM   #4  

Hi Lyas,
During the day, as we eat and drink, we will weigh more. A pint of water, is a pound afterall. So during the night, when your not eating, you lose some of the water/food through normal bodily processes. The first weight of the day, before eating or drinking and after you use the bathroom is your true weight. I know your only suppose to weigh once a week/month according to everything I've read. I think it's to prevent you from getting discouraged when/if you see that your weight has gone up. Personally, I've weighed myself almost daily for several years now. I'm overly curious I suppose. Don't worry, your not the only one and don't feel guilty (just in case you do) about it, I think it's only human.
Yes, weight does fluctuate at times from other things than food. Hormones, that wonderful TOM, will make me gain 5 lbs over night. Then in a few days, I lose it again. Illness, changes in exericise, goodness the list goes on and on, will make a difference in your weight. Do continue to track your weight weekly. Even though I weigh daily, I do have a weekly graph that I use to keep things in perspective. Congratulations on you weight loss, your doing fantastic!
Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 07-19-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:09 PM   #5  

HI, I weigh daily ithelps me. i except it daily to. i also am in tops so weigh weekly there. good luck. LaDean
Old 07-19-2004, 02:03 PM   #6  
come run with me!

thanks everyone.. I was just curious. I found it very interesting to see how much the wieght goes up and down all day long.

I watch the top number........ what ever high number for the day I see is what I consider my wieght to be. Although its only a number to me. What number I am most concerned with is on the tape measure *S*..........
and the new size pants I get to buy.
Even though I dont post here much, I do read it alot and you all have helped me alot in achieving what I have so far.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:55 AM   #7  

I also consider my first weight of the day-before drinking water, after peeing- as my weight for tracking purposes. I expect Dr. office or later day weights to be different. I like daily or at least every couple of day weighing...I can get into a lot of trouble in one week!

dottie