Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 06:09 AM   #1  
But Want The Body Too!!

Default Digital scales

Im not sure if this is the correct place or not.. But here is my question.. I bought a digital scale yesterday and I notice that it is off.. Now Im not saying that because I dont like what the scale sees.. LOL.. My Mom stepped on it and its off for her as well.. Exactly 5 pounds off from what the regular scale says.. 5 pounds more than the regular scale says.. Is this normal? Has anyone else noticed this difference between regular and digital scales? By regular I mean the dial scales, I guess is what you'd call them.. Just a regular bathroom scale
Old 03-29-2005, 06:19 AM   #2  
Meg

In my experience, digital scales are much more accurate than standard bathroom scales (sorry! ). But to find out for sure about yours, grab something that you know the weight of - like a 5# sack of flour or 20# box of kitty litter - and weigh it. See if your new scales are accurate or not. If they're off, take 'em back!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Every scale I find is a bit off. I have a digital scale and it weighs me 3 lbs more than the scale at my TOPS chapter meeting does(it's one of those scales that the doctor's use with the big metal clunkers).

My son gets weighed quite a bit at the children's hospital in all different areas of the hospital(for appts) and they are all a bit off from each other too(like a couple kg).
Old 03-29-2005, 10:51 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

I've tried different brands of digitals, finding Homedics to be the cheeziest (flimsey) and Tanita to be most accurate (testing it with a 15 lb. dumbbell it was right on target). my Maine Coone cat weighed in at 22 lbs.....but he showed to be 23 lbs. on the vet's infant-type scale.

If you have a Bed Bath & Beyond, they were having a sale last week and there were 10 different types of scales to choose from, plus a 20% coupon.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #5  
One day at a time

I have digital Taylor lithium and they are accurate. I really like them a lot.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:30 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I have to agree with the others with a digital scale. I too have a digital scale and have found it to be more accurate than the other type. Of course I like what the standard scale says but I know it's not right.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #7  
Jennifer

I have a Tanita, which I love. It's very consistent, where my old analog scale used to give me 3 different readings in 3 consecutive weighings! One word of caution, however... my weight was a full 15 pounds heavier on the Tanita than the old analog scale, so it definitely was a psychological blow. One gets over it, but it's definitely a shock!!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 03:57 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 145/132/115

Height: 5'2.5

I just bought a digital scale this morning, because my old scale was old and would always give different readings, was hard to read and I was darn sure it was inaccurate. I weigh a couple more pounds on the digital scale but that was expected. When I put the 5 lbs weights on the scale it didnt seem to register anything but then I weighed myself with the weights and it showed exactly 10 lbs up so I guess that means it is accurate to the tee
Old 03-29-2005, 03:58 PM   #9  
But Want The Body Too!!

You ladies are telling me thing I dont want to hear
Old 03-30-2005, 07:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

I was thinking of getting a digital scale (esp now that they're running cheaper). I have an analog scale which puts me a good 10 lbs OVER what the doctor's scale does (I love that doctor's scale) So you can see, since it's so inaccurate, I want something that's more so...especially since my husband has decided he wants to get on the wagon with me!
Old 03-30-2005, 11:12 AM   #11  
But Want The Body Too!!

I got mine at WalMart for $20.. Ive been wanting to get one and finally did.. I like it.. I really do.. Im learning to live with it being a few pounds more than the regular scale.. LOL.. Ive been getting on both and notice about a 3 pound difference which isnt bad I suppose
Old 04-05-2005, 09:42 AM   #12  

I agree with Marbleflys, Tanita is very accurate..my healthometer gives me all sorts of bad readings so I bought a Tanita.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:57 PM   #13  
But Want The Body Too!!

I have a Taylor.. And Im still not sure if I like it or not.. My weight one day, according to it, fluctuated like 7lbs!! LOL.. Geez! I guess I'll have to deal with it, but I still like the regular scale better.. LOL
Closed Thread