Old 06-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #1  

Talking Curves Diet & Exercise Plan

I am currently doing the Curves diet plan along with my Curves exercise 3 times a week. Was just wondering if anyone else had seen/done this? In 5 weeks, I've lost 6 lbs and feel great. Most importantly, since Jan 2004, I have lost 16 inches overall. I'm building muscle and losing fat!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 02:10 PM   #2  

Hello Felicia,

I too, am a Curves Member. Before my baby, about two years ago, I lost 60 lbs in 7 months following the exercise/eating plan set out by Curves.

So...I re-joined Curves in April this year and am just ready to apply myself to curb my eating habits again (lost some headway during and after the pregnancy)...and through it all I hope to gain a better and healthier lifestyle - if not for myself, for my daughter and husband too.

It'll be quite a journey. How has the plan been for you? Congrats on the progress so far! That's great to see.

Les
Old 06-08-2004, 06:54 PM   #3  

Talking

WOW Les, that's great motivation for me. I've been working out since January but didn't commit to an eating plan until it was offered. It's a 6 week program (it's an extra cost, but you get a t-shirt, bag and other small goodies) that teaches you how to eat properly. Now, I'm a lifetime WW, but needed a change and this seems to be working!!

I'll keep you posted!
Old 06-08-2004, 07:04 PM   #4  

Hi Felicia!

What kind of plan does Curves recommend? My sister joined Curves last year, but didn't stick with it. I do remember them giving her a printed booklet that seemed like a gentle kind of low carb plan. Is that right? Can you tell us about it? And is there support at the place, like meetings or something.

Sounds like a good combo-

and nice to meet you, by the way! stop by daily and say hi on the daily thread.

thanks for the info,
dottie
Old 06-08-2004, 09:05 PM   #5  

Talking

Dottie - it's sort of like South Beach. Basically there are 2 plans - low carb or low calorie. You must eat 6 times a day, one meal being a Curves shake which counts as a free food even though it has 20 carbs in it.

For the first two weeks of Phase I (low carb version)- you limit yourself to 20 carbs per day(not counting the shake). Unlimited lean protein, lower carb fruits and veggies. Phase II (and you stay on this for a while) is 40-60 carbs per day (not including the shake). Phase III is really not maintenance, but it tells you to eat as you use to for a few days and not go 3 lbs above your lowest weight and then go back on Phase I. It's suppose to boost your metabolism.

I'm not exactly sure about the low calorie one, since I'm following low-carb!

Also, they recommend exercising 3 times a week. I really feel that right now, it's something I can live with!!

Last edited by Felicia; 06-08-2004 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 06-10-2004, 08:05 PM   #6  

Hello I have been going to Curves since September 15th, and do my own low carb since thats how I lost 30 lbs. I have dropped 2 pants sizes and lost nearly 10 inches overall. Curves works. It truly has helped me stay motivated to work out. I even got a guest pass and went to a Curves while on vacation in Fla. It is the second largest and fastest growing franchise in America(SUbway is #1)
Good luck! Linda
Old 06-10-2004, 10:23 PM   #7  

I just got off the Curves plan last week as I did the "May Challenge" My only complaint with the diet was the amount of cooking and the cost of foods needed. I followed the 1st week to a -T- and lost 4lbs. Total.. I lost 12lbs and also maintained for 2 weeks. Everyone's metabolism is different and my only advice is.. to keep movin.. even on your "off" days at Curves. Good Luck! I'm a Curves gal myself
Old 06-16-2004, 09:40 AM   #8  

Thumbs up

Well, I finished my 6 weeks Curves Weight Loss Challenge having lost 7 lbs, 7 inches and 5.4 lbs of body fat!! I'm pretty happy with that - my clothes feel better and I have alot more energy. Now I'm on my own, but will weigh in each Monday at Curves!!
Old 06-22-2004, 04:52 PM   #9  

Hey Felicia

Congrats on the success!! I'm in a bit of a slump with my eating habits right now. While I feel I've been quite good at monitoring, the lack of movement on the scale and in the measuring tape is getting me down. But don't count me out yet. I'm writing down what I eat again and no doubt will find the little hole where I seem to be tripping up.

Congrats again.

Les
Old 07-07-2004, 04:51 AM   #10  

Dear Felicia,

Congrats! This gives me motivation to continue! I just started a few weeks ago with the Curves diet. I’m in day 4 of Phase II (low carb version) and lost 2.5 KGs.
The only thing I have to do now is to start doing the “curves at home workout”
I’m quite happy with the weekly shopping list and the recipes. As a working woman I do not have the time to calculate, plan and shop every day what I’m going to eat the next day. I simply shop a weak ahead, prepare the meals a day before and take it to work.
I have a small question, I’m not sure if black coffee is allowed during the first 5 weeks, does it have any impact? Also, I’m always using some salt and white pepper when broiling meat or fish, hope this is fine as they normally mention explicitly when and how much salt to use in the recipes…

Keep up the good work, I’ll also keep you informed about my progress,
Brgds,
michaella.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:31 PM   #11  

Michaella,

Not sure about coffee since I don't drink it that often. I do drink tea and did throughout the 6 weeks and I don't think it had any impact.

As for the salt, just keep a check on it. Don't use too much.

Keep us posted on how you do.

BTW - I weighed myself and have lost 3 more lbs since I finished the 6 week challenge. I get measured at Curves on Friday - I'll let you know how I do there!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:40 PM   #12  

Just started Curves myself last week. I've heard so many different things...low carb being healthy vs low carbs not so good. I'm just wondering what to believe. My thought is doing low carb isn't less healthy that the way I was eating before so I'm going to give it a try. On the Curves diet, they say you need the shake..Has anyone found a cheaper alternative?
Thanks for any information
Old 07-10-2004, 08:25 PM   #13  

I am so ashamed of myself. I joined Curves in May and went part time during the month and haven't been back. Sort of the story of my life. I am going back. I pass it each day, only about a mile from here. It's paid for, I just need to do it. You girls are inspiring me so maybe Monday will be the first day of part of the rest of my life.
Old 07-14-2004, 11:56 AM   #14  

Hi guys how are yall doing? Well I started Curves in May but with school and a full-time schedule and haven't really attended. I was honestly going to cancel my membership but I will be giving it another whirl. I have to say that the times that I did go I felt good. I am on the grapefruit diet right now and will be for about 2 months then I'm going to do Atkins. See Im trying to lose 50lbs by December so I figure I can stay on this one really strick and keep up with curves then afterwards do the Atkins just Mon-Fri and take it easy on the weekends. It has worked for me before and I really don't worry about eating to much meat because on the weekends I try to eat fruits and grains.Good luck to everyone!!!! Let me know how curves is going???????
Old 07-14-2004, 12:37 PM   #15  

Starfishslp,