3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Carb Counters > Low Carb Archive

Old 02-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #46

Hi Everyone: Anne another truly awful commute for you. The radio was just talking about the fog. That should screw up everything even worse than a normal awful friday. We are not to bad just yet although it is only 3:42 it is very dark here so we are in for something. Today the grade went up the road and deposited able 3 feet of ice snow etc. As my husband started on it a town snow plow came along and cleaned out our driveway. Apparently because so frequent snow they couldn't grade enough so they are doing everyone's drive . We just had to do around the garbage box ( we all have to have boxes with lids to keep wild animals away). Isn't that sickening about Carlie Brucia in Flordia? Can you believe he had 2 parole violations and still wasn't returned to jail. The dog in the article I told you about was poisoned with a highly toxic pesticide. There are now 17 sick dogs. It is now a criminal investigation with a reward. How is your weather Aleka? Are you house bound? Nikki how is the back? Well talk to you all soon.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:22 PM   #47

Angry

Good evening everybody,
It started snowing late morning, and by late afternoon it turned to freezing rain. We're getting ice right now. DH & our only other year round neighbor (we live in a summer area) will probably be doing the plowing tomorrow when it's all over with.

nikki, glad that the Chiropractor helped your back. Has the Gazelle helped? How much snow did you get?

Sha, you did the right thing with your stepson. He is an adult now and he should work for the money. At 33 years of age he should have some responsiblity.

lynn, that's a lot of dogs who got sick. I hope they find whoever has done this and put them in jail. We were sick when we heard the news this morning that they had found Carlie's body.

ANNE, hope you had a good day at work today and that you had a safe trip home.

Enjoy the rest of the evening.
Aleka
Old 02-06-2004, 09:23 PM   #48

Good evening,
I've spent the day on the couch. I started to get sick last night, vomiting and feeling pretty icky. It lasted all day and now I'm feeling better. I was so sick, I didn't even get on the computer
My back is good as new though, so that is a good thing.
Today, DH brought me home a new kitty. This little guy was over at my father in laws house for the last month or so, living in a street culvert. He wasn't really being fed by anyone. It has been so miserable cold out and with all the snow, I worried about him dying. DH felt sorry for him to, so even though we have 4 other cats, he brought him home. He is so sweet and so pretty. Our inside cats (PJ and Stripe) do not seem to like him, but so far, no big cat fights. Our outside cats do not allow other cats in the yard, especially Tony, who specializes in cat fights, so he has to be a house cat. He has spent most of the day, laying on my chest purring. He looks like he's around 3 months old.
I don't know how much snow we got Aleka, but it was alot. It snowed more today too. DH went out and ran the snowblower around the driveway, but there is so much snow, he's running out of places to put it. I haven't seen this much snow here in quite a few years.
Lynn, I hope they find out what is poisoning those poor dogs. Are any surviving it?
I feel very sad for that poor little girl in Florida. I don't understand why they let people like that out of prison and then let him just stay out after he continues to violate paroles. They say, it's because of crowded prisons, but I think they should keep the violent people in prison and release the nonviolent prisoners instead, if they are so over crowded. Never the less, it was a horrible crime and I can't imagine the anguish her family is going through right now.
Well, I got to get back to the couch. Have a good night and take care, Nikki
Old 02-07-2004, 06:07 AM   #49

Hi Everyone:
There is no news about the dog poisoning. It is under investigation.

Lynn, have you been following the case with the little girl that was
dismembered? I saw her real mother on TV yesterday. She was just
devastated testifiying against her ex husband. What a horrible story.
Like I believe this little 5 year old commited suicide. What a
monster.

Nikkic, hows the new kitty this morning? Are the other cats jealous of the
new arrival? I hope you are feeling better today yourself.

Aleka, we had the freezing rain too. Guess what! our basement also
flooded again I was talking to Tanya yesterday and I feel so sorry
for the poor girl. She is now on medication for her nerves but still can
not get out a couple of sentences without becoming teary. She just
can't take . I suppose because I am in my forties I am not as
intimidated by as a matter of fact, what she dishes out I dump
back. Tanya will be working along side of me starting Tuesday and I will
do what I can to help her cope. It is a very stressful area to be working in
though and the "higherups" don't seem to want to beleive the work load and
stress load is enourmous.

Talk to you all later.
Hi Sha, how are things going with you?
Anne.
Old 02-07-2004, 07:37 AM   #50

Angry

A good Saturday morning to you all,

By early evening all our nasty weather seemed to have stopped. DH was going to wait until morning to plow our road in case we got anymore snow/ice overnight. But, the snowmobiliers started coming up our street packing the snow we did get, so DH thought he'd better get out and plow so they couldn't make it any worse. He was going to finish it this morning, but he looked out and it's snowing a blue-streak out there now. So, the rest of the plowing will have to wait.

nikki, what a nice thing you and your DH did by adopting that poor little kitten. You both are very caring people. It will take a while for Stripes and PJ to get used to him, but they will eventually come around. Glad that you're starting to feel better. Do you think you ate something that was bad, or just the flu? Suzanne is on HSN this weekend and no, I haven't bought anything. Tempted, but restrained myself... Last night she had the new issue of Good Housekeeping Magazine and there is a good article about her in it. Hope you're feeling better today.

ANNE, working with you is probably what Tanya needs now. I feel so sorry for that poor girl. Maybe the keeps dishing out things to Tanya because she knows she can. That's what bullies and cowards do. Good for you on giving whatever dishes out to you right back to her. What an awful story about that 5 yr. old girl. How could a father do that to his daughter? What a terrible world we live in. Sorry about your basement being flooded again. That's a big job cleaning up the mess.

Hi lynn & Sha, hope things are going well for you.

Enjoy your day!
Aleka
Old 02-07-2004, 09:21 AM   #51

Goodmorning Ladies: Your comments on the over crowding of the penal system are so on. Any crime with violance stays were they are in prison. Crimes against the young there should be no chance of parole! Anne I am truly sickened by the Farah Khan case. I hope he lives a long life in solitary confinement which is were he will have to be kept away from other prisoners. Nikki, only 1 dog died and 17 are or were sick. Your new kitten sounds adorable. Poor Tanya! Anne is she documenting her treatment for the labour board? If your boss is determined to get rid of her she has nothing to lose. Well hope your storm is over Aleka and I will be back later. You all enjoy the day
Old 02-07-2004, 03:09 PM   #52

Hi,
We got some more snow last night. DH worked last night, then had to shovel the drive by hand this morning, since our snowblower quit yesterday. It's a fairly long drive way, about 1/2 acre long. We're suppose to get more snow tomorrow, 2-4 inches. I'm concerned about flooding this spring. This is alot of snow here and up in Minnesota. We live on a hill, so we never get flooded, except for the basement. Sorry to hear about your basement Anne, some of your snow must be melting? That is a horrible story about the little girl. I hadn't heard about it. It is a sad state that the world is in, indeed.
Lynn, at least all those dogs didn't die. I wonder if they will find out what it is that caused it.
Aleka, that's good that you've not bought anything. I didn't even know she was on this weekend. It's just as well with my track record.
The little kitty loves people, but he hates other cats. My cats have been pretty good to him, but he started to attact them last night. He is really much smaller than they are, so if they ever fight back, he's going to be sorry. Stripes just wants to play and doesn't have a mean bone in his body, PJ just goes to the basement and looks disgusted all the time. I think things will work out eventually. If not, I'll advertise and see if I can't find him another home. He is full of energy and played with the cat toys til 3am. He fell asleep on one of them for 2 hours, then woke back up at 5am and started to play with it again. I'm pretty tired. My stomach is still doing sommersaults. Not sure exactly what happened there.
Sha, hope things are going well for you.

Think I'll go try to catch a nap. Have a good one and take care, Nikki
Old 02-08-2004, 09:09 AM   #53

I'll start a new thread for the new week, Nikki