notice when I here him talk about the gazelle he mentions how
whisper quiet it is. Mine sure isn't. I don't know whether
I weighed too much for it originally or what. Back when I
originally purchased it I was in the 270- range, it is suppose
to hold up to 300 pounds. It works great guy it is not whisper
quiet

I got weighted today and I am still holding at 203. That is such
a relief after my carbo binge last week

That cauliflower recipe sounds great Nikkic, I would love to try it!!

Aleka, I must get cracking with my Christmas shopping too!!
It will roll around before we know it.

Well, at least I won't face any temptation tonight, My youngest
says he is not trick or treating this year. He too doesn't want
the calories. Smart guy!! He will hand out the goodies at the door instead.

Have a great day. I am off to the doctor for David's check up

Anne.
Old 10-31-2003, 06:31 AM   #17  

Hi,
Well, things are going much better now with ebay. I have won 4 coats and I wanted them all, so that is the good part. 2 for me 2 for dd#1, but I still have bids in on 3 more coats. Hopefully, I can get one for dd#2 and then, I'll just hang up my ebay bidding sign for a long time. The 2 I have for myself so far is one dress coat and one everyday coat. They both originally cost around $150 each and I got them for 56 combined, not too bad.

PLease, please try this, it is soo good

Lemon Pepper Cauliflower
Steam one head of cauliflower until tender.
In a small saucepan combine 2 tbs cream, 2 tbs butter, 3 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp lemon pepper, 1 tbs parsley. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Place cauliflower in a serving bowl and pour sauce over. Mix gently or mix a lot and it will be like mashed potatoesAdd salt to taste.

I've done really bad with my eating the last two days and yesterday I even had a bowl of ice cream. So, my weight is up from last week. Still, I'm at the weight that I wanted to be which is 207.8. I wanted to get to 207 by the end of the month of Oct. I started at 216.6. Next month, I'm going for 197. I don't know if I can do that, it's kind of wierd, almost like it's impossible. Still, that's my next month goal. I'm trying to lose 2 lbs a week (one is acceptable) and my ultimate goal is to be at 157 by the end of March. That really seems like a stretch, but I've got my mind made up. The only thing that will stop me (besides donuts and ice cream is if I start to look too thin.

ANNE at 203, wow. I was thinking sometimes when you eat lots of carbs when you haven't for a while your body will actually let go of some weight. Something about your brain getting some seritonin that it needs. That's why Dr. Schwarzbein says to eat 1/2 a potato a week. (Silliest thing I've ever heard. If I could eat just 1/2 of anything, I wouldn't be in this shape). Anyway, that was her idea.
My gazelle squeeks and so does DD's and she is only 150 lbs. I've read on other boards that many people say they squeek.

I have my Christmas shopping done. And the shopping for their birthdays which are Dec 29th and Jan 27. I tried to keep it simple this year, the one big ticket item being the purses. For their birthdays, I bought them one really nice thing and then a fragrance set that they have been wanting.

Guess I'll close this chapter of the novel that I seem to be writing here Have a good day, Good luck with Davids visit Anne, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 10-31-2003 at 06:36 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 12:19 PM   #18  

Thumbs down Happy Halloween

ANNE, it's fantastic that you're holding at 203 In Suzanne's last book, Fast & Easy, she said that Dr. Swarzbein advised her to eat 1/2 of a potato when she was stalled. She did and started losing again. Occasionally I do eat 1/2 of a sweet potato. My gazelle doesn't squeak...yet. Your's probably has gotten more use than mine has. Mine will be getting more use when the weather gets nasty. Now that it's still nice I would rather be walking outside. How did your son's checkup go?

nikki, that's great you're where you wanted to be at the end of this month. You really got some good deals on the coats you bought. Good for you for having your Christmas shopping done. I envy you! I only have one friend who I'm done shopping for. I am now concentrating on DH. I have another friend who is very religious. So, I am hoping that when my cousin & I go to NYC I can go into St. Patrick's Cathedral and buy her something if the gift shop is open. I am giving a lot of gift cards this year. It's easy and they can buy what they want with it. That lemon pepper cauliflower really sounds delicious. I copied it and will definitely make it. Can't wait!!! I'll let you know how we liked it.

Went to the bank earlier this morning and everyone was dressed up for Halloween. They even offered some goodies. I took a small cupcake with one of those candy pumpkins on the top. It has been soooo long since I've had anything like that...it was awful. The frosting was way..way..too sweet and I had a foul taste in my mouth for a long time afterwards. I don't know how I ever used to eat things like that.

Have a wonderful afternoon and Halloween night.
Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 10-31-2003 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:41 AM   #19  

Hi,
One of the coats came yesterday, the lamb leather long black coat. It is very nice. DH hates the smell, but it smells just like leather to me. Maybe he's never smelled real leather, I don't know.

So, last night I made taco's having a taco salad for myself. I had a lot of leftovers and made a crustless quiche out of the leftovers this morning. It was so good and easy. Dh loved it too (with ketchup of course )
I mixed 7 eggs, 3/4 cup cream, 1 cup of taco meat, 1/4 cup salsa, 1 cup shredded cheese and salt together. Poured in a greased 8x8 pan and baked for 45 min at 350 until a knife inserted came out clean. Try it with anything, traditional with ham, cheese, mushroom and onion would be good too. I think I'll make it for supper sometime. If you added more ingredients (maybe doubling it) you could put it in a big 13x9 pan and feed a bigger family, like yours Anne.

The little kitty, Stripe, woke me up at 330 and I've been awake since. I've gotten lots done, but I'm running on empty now, so think a quick nap is in my future. Take care, Nikki
Old 11-02-2003, 01:35 PM   #20  

Hi guys!

Since it's the start of another week I'll start another thread!!

See ya there!

Aleka