Old 10-24-2004, 07:35 AM   #1  

Default LCFS week of Oct 24th

Good Sunday Morning
I haven't got a lot of sleep tonight. I was up to the bathroom more than I was down. It's the extra water I was drinking yesterday. DH was even worried that I was going too much last night, because it was so often. I just laughed and told him he had no idea how much water I'd drank or the shrinking capacity of a woman my age.
I'm almost back to myself again. I am glad that head cold didn't last too long, besides being miserable, it really keeps a person from getting anything done.
Does anyone have any favorite ways to fix leftover chicken? I roasted a chicken last night and I'm bored with what I usually do with it.
I'm doing great with the counting of the points. In fact, I was really full last night. This is actually kind of fun. I had a baked potato for supper and felt no guilt at all
We are planning on putting plastic up on the windows today. It is suppose to be a nice day out, so it will be nice just doing something outside.
Have a good Sunday, Nikki
Old 10-24-2004, 07:52 AM   #2  

Good morning,

Nikki, glad that you're feeling better and that your cold didn't last very long. The only way I use left over chicken is in a salad, chicken salad, or making chicken noodle soup. That's probably what you always do too. Glad you like counting points. I've been doing pretty well with Core. I have had some cheats this weekend, and naturally feel guilty afterwards. I had corn last night for my veggie and I felt like I was doing something wrong. I ate until I was satisfied, which left quite a bit of food on my plate, which I promptly put right in the refrigerator. Otherwise, I would have sat there mindlessly eating it.

Hi lynn & Anne

Gotta go take my shower, DH & I are eating breakfast out this morning.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Aleka
Old 10-24-2004, 09:12 AM   #3  

Aleka, I do those things with leftover chicken or if I'm not on a diet, I make chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes, some real comfort food. I can't make that though, because I can't eat a small portion of it and be happy. That deserves a large plate and second helpings , have a good breakfast, Nikki
Old 10-25-2004, 07:09 AM   #4  

Good morning,

The weather has been so great these past couple days. Late in the afternoon we shut the air off and open up the house and it's so nice. We did sleep with the sliding glass doors open in our bedroom the other night, but for some reason my allergies kicked in and had a terrible night's sleep.

I forgot to tell you guys that we almost had a castrophe last week. We have a chain link fence surrounding our property and keep the gate closed so we can let Lacee loose in the yard. DH went to get gas for his mower and forgot to shut the gate when he left. Lacee wanted to go out, I wasn't thinking, and I let her out the door. I noticed the open gate and ran out of the house to shut it. I had one side shut when whe spied our neighbors across the street out in their driveway. Out the opened side she ran, with me, barefooted, in hot pursuit. She ran into their yard barking at them. Apparently they had no business being there. I scooped her up and apologized for the intrusion. She was in deep doo-doo when we got home. Thankfully we live on a quiet street.

Nikki, have you found a different recipe for your left over chicken? All my WW stuff is in some box. I mentioned to DH that I was looking for it and he asked if it was in a red tote bag. When I said yes, he told me he had seen it somewhere but couldn't remember where. Maybe he may unearth it today. He had to move all the boxes into the middle of the garage floor because we have a bug guy coming to spray inside and outside the house. We're expecting him today. So, if he comes DH will be moving the boxes back against the walls and maybe he'll spy the red bag.

Anne, lynn, hope you both had a good weekend.

Aleka
Old 10-25-2004, 01:22 PM   #5  

Hi,
The Dr called and says it's fibriods and that I have cysts, so I'm ok (I know, that's a matter of opinion ). I go in tomorrow to talk to her about how to treat the bleeding. I ended my period last Monday (after 3 weeks) and it started again yesterday. That explains why I've been a real B all weekend and why I was crying about everything. I was even crying when I was pulling up my old tomato plants, because I didn't want to see the end of summer.
I am so relieved and it sure did make me think about how I better start to appreciate my life and take better care of myself. Thanks for listening to me you guys and being so supportive, I really appreciate it and you all helped me more than I can ever say. Ok, got to go or I'll start crying again, I'm such a ball baby right now , Nikki
Old 10-25-2004, 01:50 PM   #6  

Nikki, that's wonderful news that you're ok. I can just imagine how relieved you must feel. There are a lot of different options available today than there were when I had the problem. About the only option then was a hysterectomy. Once you enter menopause, fibroids tend to shrink. Again, that's terriffic news.
Aleka
Old 10-26-2004, 07:17 AM   #7  

Hi Guys:
Nikki, I am so happy for you. At least you know whats wrong and it can
be treated
Quit a story about Lacee Aleka! Thank God it all worked out well.
Another week in the sweat shop!!! Things are nuts because of the month
end. So many departments save their cheques until the last week of the
month which puts mega pressure on me.
Will talk later. I am afraid will come in and raise the roof!!
Anne.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:32 PM   #8  

Good morning,
I hope everyone is doing ok. Anne, good luck with and work.
Lynn, how's the painting coming? When will you be coming home?
Aleka, that's something that happens alot here with my cats (what happened with Lacee). I have lost more good cats from running out in the highway. Even the ones that know better, will run out there chasing something on occasion. I guess instinct takes over better sense.

I got back from the Dr a little bit ago. She has referred me to a surgeon for a hysterectomy. So far, it's only a consult. I hope it happens soon. I got a call from that place I applied to and have an interview next week on Tues. I'm not sure what to do about that interview, but will go anyway, no matter what. I can use the experience if nothing else, it's been a long time since I've been to one of those.

It's raining here and they say, it's going to rain for several days now. Yesterday, DH got my gardens tilled, so we are basically ready for winter. I have several pots of plants that are still blooming though. It has been a really nice fall.

Take care, Nikki
Old 10-26-2004, 01:05 PM   #9  

Good afternoon,

DH & I voted earlier this morning. We thought we'd avoid the crowd next week. It was still crowded as a lot of other people had the same idea. It was so different than voting in NH. I'm surprised that with all the states that are allowing early voting the news media hasn't projected a winner yet!

Anne, hope didn't come out and raise the roof. The last job I worked I can remember how stressful it was at the end of the month when statements had to be mailed out.

Nikki, that's wonderful news about your interview. Hopefully they won't need the job filled in a hurry. When is your consultation with the surgeon? I know my hysterectomy was a long time ago, but if you have any questions just let me know and hopefully I can give you an answer. They do things differently today than they did then.

Lynn, are you through painting yet? Hope you had a good weekend weather-wise for it.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the day.

Aleka
Old 10-28-2004, 08:40 AM   #10  

Good Morning Everyone:
Well I have had a heck of a night. My dad was taken into hospital. He has
pneumonia in his "bad lung" the one that only has 1/3 remaining. The doctor
asked him if the nurses found him "gone" if he wanted efforts made to
revive him. Can you beleive this!!!! The poor man is terrified out of his skin. He has pulled through many a time but one of these times .........
I sent an email from my desk this morning and told her I may have
to leave at a moments notice. So far she has not answered it but I will
leave if I get a call from my mom.
On top of this it is my 26th wedding anniversary .
Nikki, good luck with your interview I haven't been on an
interview since I got this good when I was 18
Aleka, you are smart to vote early. I always try to go at an "off" hour.
Talk to you guys later.
Anne.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:21 AM   #11  

Good morning,

Anne, I am so sorry about your Dad. I will be praying for you and your family. That nurse shouldn't have asked your Dad that question. She should have asked a family member that question. I remember when my Dad was in the hospital, the nurse asked me if my Dad wanted to be recessitated (sp?) I had absolute no idea as he never discussed it with me. They had to go to his own Dr. to find the answer. But my Dad was completely out of it. Happy Anniversay I know you don't feel like celebrating.

Hi nikki lynn

My IL's will be arriving later this morning to stay with us for a couple of days before heading for Ft Myers. DH wants his Dad's help on a few things.

Aleka
Old 10-28-2004, 09:28 AM   #12  

Hi,
Anne, I'm really sorry to hear about what is going on with your dad. I'm sure the Dr asking that wasn't very reassuring for your dad. Down here, no matter what the reason your admitted to the hospital, they have to ask you that, it's the law. But, they usually ask in much more tactful and professional way than that. I'll be praying for your dad, your family and you. I know how hard this is on you. couldn't be less compassionate, could she?
Congratulations on your anniversary. Anymore, DH and I look at them as milestones. We have been through a lot and they just prove that we can stick together, no matter what (we are stubborn, if nothing else). Even though being married isn't always the easiest thing in the world, it sure does make a difference when you have a partner to help you get through things.

Aleka, DH and I mailed our votes in a couple of weeks ago. DH has never voted in his life. Part of the reason is because he never wanted to stand in line, but now, he really wanted to vote because we need a big change in the government. It will be interesting to see what happens, so many people that don't usually vote are now voting. The absentee voting will sure make a difference for people like me that can't stand in line for long periods of time.

Lynn, how are you doing? I've been thinking of you. Hope your painting was fun and productive.

I see the surgeon on Friday. I'm not sure I want to do this or try something else. The possibility of the job is what is making me wonder what to do. We could really use the money and a job like this doesn't come along everyday. I am just going to talk to the Dr and see what he says. His first name is Angel. Now, I think every Dr should have a name like that.
Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 10-28-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:44 PM   #13  

Good afternoon,

My IL's are here for a couple of days and my dieting has flown out the window. I'll get back on track after they leave.

Nikki, how did your appt. go with the surgeon today and what other alternatives are available to you? Yes, I too think a change in government would be a good thing (as Martha Stewart says)

Anne, how is your Dad doing? I do hope he's doing a lot better. Please keep us posed.

Lynn, are you home yet?

Gotta get going. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Aleka
Old 10-29-2004, 03:38 PM   #14  

I'm Back!!!! And what a relief to be home. You know the expression "what were you thinking?", well that applies to us. Thinking we could paint a 2 storey, 3 bathroom, 4 bedroom house in a week. We are exhausted!!!! in between I have to see family etc. We didn't get done. The small bedroom and 1 bathroom DS will have to do himself. I am going to do nothing for the next 2 days but play on the computer and veg. I printed off 8 crossword puzzles for DH so that will keep him amused until he gets the Sat. crosswords. We will be back at DS's in 2 weeks for our grandson's 1st b'day party. One good thing we met up with the new "family" of Morgan and DD with her pup at a leash free park. She (Morgan) looked wonderful and has settled in very well withher new family. They are so good to her and I will never have to worry about her. Phoned the "family" of the 3rd pup and told them the good news. They were worried about her and were thinking of taking her though they felt 2 pups would have been a lot. She started puppy school last week and did very well. Nikki keep us up to date, am happy your wait is over. The fear of the unknown is so hard on all of us. Now you can move on. Good luck today. I will be back later, have to clear a week of emails
Old 10-29-2004, 09:56 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone:
Well, I have had a terrible 24 hours. Thursday at 2:30 my aunt (dad's
sister) phoned to tell me my mother had fainted in my dads hospital
room and was in Emergency. I took a cab down to the hospital they
were both in. Poor mom, lying in Emerg. with an IV and ECG monitor
going. The doctor gave her a good check up and diagnosed it as stress......
Today we got the news my dads cancer is back. I have spent the evening
at home trying to console my mother.
Its funny, but these last few weeks I have been saying to my DH, my dad
looks like he's fading away. The battle has been long. seventeen years
and counting. I was only 30 when my dad was first diagnosed. The
doctor back then thought even with the operation there was a 90 percent
chance my dad would be gone in a year. No matter what happens now as
far as I am concerned Dad won this thing. The tough part now for me will
be to tell my kids. This time no operation or radation, dad is coming to the
end of his journey. Thank you all for your prayers and support. It means
alot to me.
Anne.