Old 09-05-2004, 11:05 AM   #1  

Smile LCFS Week of September 5th

Hi everyone!

I can't believe we've started a thread for the first week in Sept. already. The summer went by in a blur.

It's really very fallish out and it's nice to open up the windows and let some nice cool fresh air in.

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend. We're going out to dinner tonight with some friends. She and I have been friends since we were about 10 yrs. old. We summered together when we were kids. She still spends the summers here. So, this will probably be the last time for a long while before we see each other again.

Nikki, I can relate to noisy neighbors. We have a crowd in front of us who are very disruptive and even their dogs are awful. I do love animals, but their's are awfully noisy and appear somewhat vicious, which I'm sure is how they've been trained. They really spoil the summers for us. Well...we don't have to put up with it for very much longer. We're scheduled to move Sept. 21st. On the 19th, I'm driving my car, with DH following in his truck, down to my IL's house, in Massachusetts, where it'll be picked up for transport at a later date, then delivered right to the door in FL. It was a little cheaper having it picked up in MA than NH. The 20th, the movers will be arriving to wrap and box our furniture, then they'll come back on the 21st and pack the truck. When they leave we'll leave.

Hi ANNE and lynn

Gotta go and clean out some cabinets and drawers.

Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 09-05-2004 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #2  

Hi Everyone: Hope you all had a great weekend. We had a lot of campers in the park this weekend. The evenings are cool so didn't hear much. Our friends down the road had some tenters in front of them that we noisy but we are to far away from the weekenders for the noise to bother us. Went to the barbeque on Sunday kept my diet except for 2 glasses of wine. About 5 minutes after the second glass I said to my friend that I had to go home they went right to my head!! I came home at 4 and was talking to my neighbour when I excused myself and said I had to lie down. The wine and yes the sun had got to me. I laid down and woke up in my clothes at 3:30 in the morning. Was up an hour or so and went back to bed until 8:30. It isn't often I miss a meal!!!!!!! so this morning had a western omelet. I am having salmon for dinner. I must of missed that you were coming off hormones Aleka, Goodluck, I am supposed to start weening off them in a few months but the last time I was in the Dr.'s office she was changing her mind about that. She thinks the benefits will be out weighted by the problems it might cause. I t taks so little to send my blood pressure ski high. I am on the lowest dose and I found a rouge hair on the side of my lip yesterday. I was not amused. The park is emptying out by droves today, tomorrow it will be a ghost town. Well must get outside and enjoy the day. This is two nice days in a row!!!!! Anne did you enjoy the Ex? Did you get to see the air show? Well that is it for now.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:39 PM   #3  

Good Evening,
I can't believe the way this year has flown by either. I was just thinking yesterday that someone would start a new thread for the week and how it would be the first week of Sept. just like you said, Aleka.
I did a lot of yard work today and my abs feel like I've done 100 sit ups. Guess that's a good thing.
Lynn, I seem to be growing hairs in all the wrong places these days, but the hair on my head is getting thinner. The biggest thing has been the lines around my lips, they started to really look worse this year. I keep thinking I will get botox, but honestly, I don't know where to start, so many things have been happening with my body and I'm not impressed. I could make a plastic surgeon rich if I could afford it. Guess I will just have to age gracefully and accept the way I am. An old English proverb says Youth is a gift of nature, age is a work of art.
Anne, hope your enjoying your time off and that it's cooled off and is less humid. Our weather was so beautiful today, it was simply too beautiful for words. Are you off this week?
Aleka, hope your enjoying your dinner tonight. It is so hard to leave a place and people that you've known for so long and move so far away. Hopefully, your friend will be able to come down and see you. From what I understand, people that move to Florida are inundated with visitors. Guest rooms are required
Better go spend some time with the old man, he keeps coming in here and talking to me. He has to go back to work tonight and he's been depressed for 2 days about it. Anyway, that's his excuse for just laying around watching tv, eating and sleeping while I've been working my butt off.
Nikki
Old 09-07-2004, 07:05 AM   #4  

Talking

Good morning,

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Since we only have a couple more weeks until we move, we did some more packing over the weekend. I got a desk and my hutch cleaned out. The hutch was sort of the catch-all and that was a 2 day job.

I don't know what happend at the house in FL during Frances. We were watching the map on the WC and it looked like we were getting an awful lot of rain. Now, we've got to watch and see what Ivan is going to do. Someone said on the news last night that FL should be renamed "The Hurricane State".

lynn, I am also growing hair where I don't want it and the tweezers are getting a very good workout. I can remember my mother sitting in her chair pulling out hair with tweezers and thinking that's not gonna happen to me! I really hadn't planned in advance to go off HRT. I saw my Dr. as a follow up on my last cholesterol work up. Months before, she had given me a prescription for another form of HRT meds. I didn't like it, so went back on Premarin. When I told her about it, she then mentioned about new guidelines and a new study. She gave me the pros and cons and it was my decision to go off of them. One thing that persuaded me was, she said that the Premarin may play a role in why my triglycerides are high. But, she said that if my quality of life goes down that I could go back on them if I wish. So..we'll see what happens. Right now I'm taking Premarin every other day for a week, then I'm off altogether.

nikki, we had a very nice dinner. It was so good, as usual, I ate way..way..way too much. My girlfriend is extremely upset that we're moving. Glad that you had nice weather for the weekend. We did too. It was just like fall, which like ANNE, is my favorite time of year. We're supposed to start getting remnants of Frances starting tomorrow. How are your abs feeling today? I could barely walk yesterday because my butt was so stiff from squatting for hours cleaning out the bottom of the hutch.

ANNE, hope you had a good time Saturday. How were the fries?

I may not be SSizing 100% this week, we're starting to eat what is in the freezer to clean it out.

Have a good day everyone.
Aleka

Last edited by aleka; 09-07-2004 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:23 AM   #5  

Good Morning Everyone:
Aleka, I am getting my shopping list ready to start my program on Monday.
I am still low carbing by I will be re-reading my Suzanne books for the rest
of this week.
I didn't get my New York Fries on Sunday because I could not find the
booth I bought some Swiss Chalet chicken and fries instead. They aren't
New York Fries, but they were good.

Lynn , the air show was cancelled on Sunday. It was a sunny day but
apparantly the smog played a part with the cancelation.......

Aleka, those storms were terrible. I hope that Ivan takes a hike. We are
suppose to be getting some of the rain from Frances in the next couple
of days. The weather is suppose to be cooler starting today.
Nikki, I can't believe it. I have been complaining like heck about my hair
lately. It use to be so thick!!!! Is this something to do with hormones? You
would think with my high protein diet, I would have the greatest hair!!! I told
my DH I want to go to one of those places that do inplants!!!
David is going to school today. I hope it goes smoothly. This period of time is always stressful for us. Jamie started college yesterday and came home in a hellish mood. Sean seemed to enjoy his first day of high school and
is looking forward to going back today. This is good. At least we have
one happy camper.

Talk to you all later.
Anne.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:04 AM   #6  

Good morning,
Aleka, have you heard about your house yet? Will hurricane season be over soon?
Anne, you might get your thyroid level checked. Hair loss is sometimes related to that. But, it's also part of menopause and getting older. The hair on my head is getting really thin, but fortunately, my eyebrows are now on a long slow march up my forehead in an effort to join forces with my hair line. Unfortunately, they are now getting pretty sparse where they use to be. But the hair that is still there is getting so thick, it makes a razor dull in one pass. I seem to be plucking and shaving alot anymore these days, in places that never needed it before.
I have to get back to reading SS's book. After we got home from vacation, I've had no time to just sit. When I do sit, I fall asleep. My yard is finally starting to come under control again. Just one week and it starts to revert to it's wild state. After a few more days, I should be able to slow down and get some time to read.
Well, better hit it, the day is getting away from me, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 09-08-2004 at 03:20 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #7  

Good afternoon,

I thought I'd take a little break from wrapping and packing. DH & I went out to breakfast this morning to our favorite pancake place, we wanted to get one last trip up there. I can never finish all the pancakes, DH has to help me, which of course he doesn't mind at all.

ANNE, glad that the substitutes you had for the New York fries were good. We're supposed to get a lot of rain from Frances starting tonight and lasting into Friday morning. We may even get some severe T-storms from it too. Have your leaves started to turn yet? Our's have already started, mostly the young and sickly trees.

Nikki, we haven't heard anything about the house yet. DH called them yesterday about the cable for the TV, but they haven't gotten back to us yet. We're thinking that no news is good news. Every day we watch to see how Ivan is progressing. I think I remember hearing that hurricane season is over sometime in Oct., but I could be wrong.

Hey lynn, how are you doing?

Have a good evening.
Aleka
Old 09-08-2004, 03:38 PM   #8  

Happy Wednesday All: Well it is cool here today, which I am enjoying a lot. It is now 10 days on my diet and except for the wine ( which is still legal on low-carb) I have not had a weak moment. I guess this time I am in diet mode. DH and I just walked the dog around half the park and it is deserted. The dog 5 days post-op is stretched out on the couch in a deep sleep. I might be getting 1 of the pups back. I told everyone that if it didn't work out I wanted the pup back. They got a pure breed spanial for nothing, all I asked it return was that if it didn't work out I wanted the pup back. The new "parents" of Coco were talking to Morgan's parents on the weekend and they said they were having problems, they didn't realize the commitment. We just spoke to the mother of parents of Morgan and confirmed that they were frustrated with the pup. I told her to have them phone me because in that case I want the dog back and she agreed that was the best thing for the dog. They are going to work or coming up here and leaving her in her crate for 8 hours or more at a time. She has started to mess in her crate Not a good thing so I want her back very soon. Well 2 out of 3 isn't bad and I have a couple of names that wanted one of the pups. I will have her trained before she leaves here again IF she ever does. How do you make a pup go to her third home, poor thing. Too bad about the air show Anne, it is truly amazing. Nikki, the menopausal years are fun NOT!!!!!! and the hair thing, not enough on top and too much in other places is the worst. Well I guess that all for now.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:46 PM   #9  

Hi Aleka: We were posting at the same time. The phase "no news is good news" was i of my mother's favourite ( canadian spelling) expressions. I'm sure you are right. We are supposed to get heavy rains later this week also. Good luck with your packing.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:44 PM   #10  

HI,
Lynn, I am glad your going to get the pup back, the sooner, the better. At least they aren't going to just force the poor thing to stay in a crate all her life. I try to explain this to my DD, that a dog should not be in a crate for hours on end. She wants a dog, but she works and is gone from 4am to 7pm 4 days a week. I can't seem to get it through her head, that would be a miserable life for a dog. I will probably have to go let it out a few times a day, if she ever gets one. She has two cats and I wish she would be happy with just having them only.
I feel like bawling. Our septic tank is full and has backed up into the basement. We will have to dig it up (that's what we think, it could be the pipes have roots grown into them or worse, they've collapsed). We marked it the last time DH dug it up, but those bricks are long over grown. It took him 2 days to find it last time. At least this time, it's not in the middle of winter. Last time, it was Feb and below zero.This is a big mess and he will be in a very grouchy mood until it's all done. I was suppose to get new tires on my car tomorrow too. Man, I need some of that wine Lynn was talking about.
Nikki
Old 09-09-2004, 07:28 AM   #11  

Hi everyone,

Nikki, I'm so sorry about your septic tank. What a terrible thing to have happen. Has your DH been able to find where he has to start digging? I hope everything turns out ok for you. I'll be thinking about you. Please keep us posted.

lynn, glad that you're going to get one of the puppies back. That is no life for the puppy being crated all the time, the poor little thing. The puppy will be very happy to be back with you. That's great Mya is coming along splendidly from her surgery. I know that wine is off limits on SSizing, but I enjoy it on the weekends, so I'm not going to give it up completely.

ANNE, hope you're having a good day today.

It's raining very hard at the moment. We're getting some of Frances. It should help our well.

I've been SSizing the past couple weeks, and I do believe that my stomach is back to where I don't feel hungry anymore. I certainly like that feeling. The only problem I seem to be having is feeling very guilty using the high fat cheeses, mayo, and sour cream. The salad dressing is the only thing I don't feel guilty about using. I know I've been brainwashed to use low fat/no fat. Do either one of you have these guilty feelings too?

Enjoy your day.
Aleka
Old 09-09-2004, 08:35 AM   #12  

Good Morning All:
It is cold and pouring rain today.(Frances reminents) Oddly enough I don't mind, It matches my mood today. Davids first day at school seemed to go well. This is always a relief as there is often problems with his bus not arriving etc.

I checked my email from work yesterday as I am able to log in from home to
see what is going on. Well, has cancelled my October vacation
because of staff shortage with Tanya being gone now. I am not happy about
this because I always look forward to time off in October (it is my favorite) I
won't be able to take off extra time during the Christmas season either
This really stinks considering I have worked for St. Mikes for 30 years

Nikki, sorry to hear about your septic tank. That is just awful.

Aleka, sounds like the diet is going great for you. I am trying hard and drinking tons of water. I ate chicken and peppers with salsa for breakfast.
I know it doesn't sound like breakfast but I couldn't face eggs today.

Lynn, the poor little puppy will do much better in your hands. Owning a dog
is a huge responsibility. I would love a basset hound but am waiting until
I retire (which is in my early fifties) so I can devote the time needed to raising a dog.

Talk to you all later.
Anne.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:47 AM   #13  

Good morning,
DH worked last night and said he was too tired to do anything this morning, so we will have to start on the tank this afternoon. He thinks he knows where it is, he was out there probing around with a rod earlier.
I found out that this has given me the opportunity to vacuum up a lot of spiders and spider eggs that I was putting off. They are in the far reaches of the basement that I usually don't go into. It needed done, but it's one of those things I will put off and put off. I went in under the stairs and thought I would die from a panic attack from all the nasty things under there. Armed with my trusty vacuum and a flash light, I made it back out alive Honestly, I still feel like things are crawling on me. I have a feeling by the time I finish that job with the septic tank business, and all the spiders and spider eggs are cleaned up, I won't feel clean for a long time.
Anne, I'm real sorry to hear about your vacations being cancelled, that has got to be a real kick in the behind. Will they replace Tanya?
Glad to hear that David is getting along well with school so far.
Aleka, don't feel bad about the fat. I think the full fat is an integral part of SS'ing. We are still trying to eat up all that is in the house before I can start. I had no idea I had squirrelled away so much food. I will be able to start in one week. I had better lose some weight soon or I will no longer be able to fit into my pants. I realized yesterday, I can barely pull them up over my hips and these are 1x's. How depressing
At least we still are having nice weather and I have got most of my yard work caught up. That always makes me feel better. The camper is almost ready for winter, I have a few more things to pack up today and then add some antifreeze to the pipes.
Later, Nikki
Old 09-09-2004, 10:55 AM   #14  

Goodmorning All: Funny Anne you mentioned wanting a basset hound and Nikki was saying DD wanted a dog. A friend's daughter up the road up the road's daughter bought a house locally so now she leaves at 5:45 to catch a train to Toronto and arrives home at 6:30. The daughter a animal lover got a dog. Well to make a long story short my friend has the dog. The dog is still so tramitized she won't let my friend out of her sight yet. The dog a little basset hound is sooooo sweet, but my friend has a long road ahead. A dog can't stay crated for long periods of time. Nikki, make sure to tell your DD if she is truly a dog lover she won't do that to a dog. Also Nikki how awful for you. I wouldn't be crying I would be in hysterics. Good Luck, hope you got it before to much damage was done. Aleka< I too enjoy a glass of wine and in low carb and The Hampton's diet wine is allowed so what the ****. Up here at the park we have a roving "happy Hour" so I'm not going to worry about it to much. Everything else is going well I am under 30 carbs a day so the weight will come off. Anne, does that mean that they are not replacing Tanya? Sorry about your week in the fall, like you & Aleka I too LOVE fall. Well the weather sucks big time as Anne has said must go do something to take my mind off it. The dog has a upset tummy and has had me out every half hour or so all morning. I have to put DH's wet suit for fishing on but still am a bit wet. DH has gone to To for a Dr.'s App't, it should be a fun drive for him. Later
Old 09-10-2004, 09:24 AM   #15  

Hi!

My girlfriend and I went out to lunch yesterday to the Olive Garden. We figured it might be our last outing in NH, so we had dessert. OMG I was so stuffed. I didn't eat again until mid morning today. You can tell that she and I love to eat.

DH has gone down to his parents' house in Mass. to deliver something to his Dad. I'm waiting for the burner guy to come to clean and service the furnace. He was supposed to come yesterday. On Wed. we got a call from the gas company to see if he could come earlier than our scheduled appointment. DH waited around for him all day and he never showed up. He got a call late afternoon from the dispatcher saying that the guy had broken down on the road. Heaven only knows when or if he'll show up today.

ANNE, I am so sorry about your October vacation. That must be a real disappointment for you. Will you be able to get some vacation later in the year around the holidays?

Nikki, SPIDERS!!! I hate spiders. You would've heard me scream if I had to do what you did. How is the septic coming along and have you found out what the problem is? My girlfriend used to have a Basset Hound many years ago. He was the nicest dog. We used to get a kick out of him when he barked. You could always tell when she was at her cottage. I agree with Lynn, that a dog shouldn't be crated for long periods of time.

lynn, did you get a lot of rain from Frances? We got some pretty heavy downpours and thankfully it's clearing up. It feels rather chilly outside now. How is Mya's upset tummy? Hope it's better. Have you heard anything more about the puppy?

Gotta go and do some more packing. I'm just hoping that we don't have to start unpacking the end of next week. We're hoping for the best. The house made it through Frances ok, we talked to the previous owners yesterday. They are still living in the house until we get down there. They told us that if Ivan was heading for them, they were leaving. These next few days are gonna be a lot of fun.....NOT!!

Have a good Friday everyone.
Aleka