Old 08-12-2003, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default tuesday, aug 11

OK, I'll start up, coffee's on. Sausages and eggs for all
Old 08-12-2003, 06:58 AM   #2  

This is day 2. Of course, day one ended with ice cream. So maybe this is day 1. Like the movie Groundhogs Day? I have to keep repeating it til I get it right?

I feel pretty awful, but hope to do better today. Felt very shakey and hypoglycemic yesterday, and I think I needed to eat like every two hours. I should know this by now! So, I have hb eggs, cheese and salami for snacks, and chicken thighs for dinner. I'm grilling some zuchini and yellow squash too.

I may go to DM's DH for dinner tonight, it is his 70th birthday. It is hard for me on a weeknight, but I know they want me to come. I would much rather visit Peachpit in the hospital! I seriously was trying to do that tonight, as a surprise, but the day is just not looking good for a drive to Jersey. But soon! Watch out, Peach, I'm Jersey-bound!

Nice to see you on Atkins, Leens...you are part of getting me back on track. It seems like there are alot of new people also, and it's very inspiring. I got lots of reminders of helpful hints, and planning tips to get me going. I have done Induction seriously, about 20 times, and I always feel great about the third day...which, given my slow start, should be sometime the end of next week! LOL

Well, off to the showers, it's 7 AM and I need to be in the car by 7:40!

be good,
dottie
Old 08-12-2003, 07:17 AM   #3  
Big Loser

Morning Dottie!!! First day of school her in East Tennessee...and dance starts and soccer starts next week and karate never ended and I have church obligations and work and I have taken on a consulting job...STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

Anyway I have been so absent lately...I am have to get my butt in gear literally....I have been exercising pretty regularly but my eating is so very awful so.....here is the plan....I am getting thru today and tommorrow is day one of Induction, I really wanted to try SUgar Busters again but I need the jump start you get with Atkins.....so keep your fingers and toes crossed for me....in other words....pray and help!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 07:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Morning All,

Well, I got DH to make bacon this morning so I'll be having an OP start for sure! After all my good intentions, I didn't have "breakfast" until 2:30 (after trying to get heat stroke out in the garden). I didn't cheat but clumping meals like that is hardly OP. The good news is with the gardening and the heat I think I drank 100 oz yesterday!!

The scale is down today but I like to see that for at least two days before I believe it is not just a fluctuation.

Welcome home -L, call me for coffee!
Old 08-12-2003, 08:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Ty Dottie,

Eggs it is! Feeling a little funky when I first got up but doing much better now after reading everything on the boards, what a lifesaver, this would have been one of those days I would have totally crashed and burned before. But with my wee little virtual support group I'm doing fabulous.

A short work day today, only 4 hours, YAY! so it appears I might even get in some Nordic Track time which has been greatly neglected.

Praying from rain about now or at least a cooler day it's gonna be 35 degrees today and tomorrow, ouch. But the up side, I can now fit into a lot of skirts that I've hidden away in boxes so I'm not going to have to sweat in pants today.

Have a super day everyone.

P.S. Ruth I can see you hun, you're just over there, no worries and enjoy that vacation.

Tummy

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 08-12-2003 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:37 AM   #6  

Well back to work for me......a full day meeting with lunch provided, so I had 2.5 oz of ham and 2 swiss cheesse slices to get me through1 I can predict the lunch....and there will be little I can eat but we are done at 3:30 so I will hold off until then and eat OP when I get home....then it is off to a dinner party, hopefully informal so I can pick and choose without a lot of eyes on me! But I will eat a bit before and plan a snack for when I get home! That's my plan!!!!
Lily
Old 08-12-2003, 08:49 AM   #7  

I guess the morning meal is eggs today I had 1 piece of Canadian bacon and an egg. Day 4 OP for me and I'm over the worst of the cravings I think. I know some more will hit fast and strong so I am prepared just in case

Off to drop in for some coffee/playtime have a good one!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:23 AM   #8  

Good morning. I've just finished my eggs and bacon at my desk and I'm about to jump into the stacks of paperwork that surround me. I am on week two and doing alright with the food, but I haven't started any regular exercise yet. It's so blasted hot here, and will be for several more months, that anything outside is painful to think about. Of course then the same reason alot of us have, trying to find the time to fit it in. I've thought of getting some tapes to exercise with in the morning. Does anyone have any suggestions on a tape that will be relatively short and not do me in?

Well, I'm going to finish my coffee and start sorting the stacks. Everyone have a great day!
Old 08-12-2003, 11:32 AM   #9  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Turtle - I LOVE the Leslie Sansone Walking tapes. You literally can take a 2 mile walk right in your living room! I lost 56 pounds using her 2 mile walk tape back in 1999 when I did WW. You can get her tapes at QVC or at Collage Video, and I think Amazon.com carries them. I know my local Target carries them too!

You know. its funny, I now have 8 totally OP days behind me and with all this talk of cravings, I really didnt have any the first few days. usually with TOM due I crave salty carbs like chips, but this month it isn't happening! is that normal? I still have a bit of the mood swings, but then I am 5 days late!

But I do have gobs more energy finally. I had a very productive day yesterday and have a whole lot more planned for today. And it is nice to think that I might actually get it all done!

I have another OP day planned out too! Hope all have a great one!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:04 PM   #10  

Alright...So far so good!!! I have been trying to get back with the Atkins program more seriously but have failed to do so. The first 2 weeks had me losing 7 pounds and since I haven't stuck to it seriously and have lost only 1 pound. I had an easy time on the diet, but once I cheated and had the infamous Snickers Popables at work it was all over!!! I would like to drop another 10 this month. for the last few days I have been exercising, but it's hard to find time with a full and part time job. Yesterday I cheated...SO cheated!!! I made an apple pie for the husband and though I didn't have any, I did have apple pieces while I was making it. And the candy at the front desk doesn't help me at all. I bought a 1.5L bottle of water to have at work because I know it has to be gone by the time I go home. I have to get back into it. My heart burn is back, I have been tired lately...but I just can't stop eating the stuff I shouldn't be!! I want to and I get my motivation up to be good and then I take a tumble!!! I know I would exercise if I had someone to go with me...I try to get my husband to just walk with me everynight...he won't. I am tempted to get a dog just so I have to take a walk EVERY day!!

I used to have a basket of fruit that sat on my desk so I could eat it at any time I wanted the candy, but I can't have most of that now...and there's not too much that I can keep at my desk. I need some motivational help!!!!
Old 08-12-2003, 12:47 PM   #11  
LC Rooster

'Morning, ladies...

Well, I intended to get off to a better start this week, and be a bit more strict about following only what are listed in the book as 'induction acceptable' items. I ended up breaking open a can of Vienna sausages this morning, and grabbed a cheese stick a while ago to tide me over until lunch. I have almost always headed to lunch at 11:30, but the people I'm going to lunch with now (who are doing Atkins, and know where to eat out and stick to it) always go anywhere from 12:30 to 1pm. Cheese sticks to the rescue!

So, in the end, I only netted about 1-2lbs for this last week. I guess the Atkins bars and shakes had more impact on me than I thought . Or, perhaps, I ate something while out that I didn't realize had more carbs in it--I doubt this, though, as the keto sticks still show good. I did drop into a lighter purple late last week, but otherwise I've stayed the darkest purple shown.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:02 PM   #12  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Hey Tummy we have the same goal! I am shooting for 145 in April too! My son gets married that month....so that is my motivation.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Meowna, no fair, you got a head start on me but I'm up for the challenge if you are.

Today's going just great, nice to be home a bit earlier today and off tomorrow and thursday, ahhh bliss. Went grocery shopping and the cashier asked if I was on Atkins as she'd always wanted to try it. Guess the shopping cart doesn't lie. So we had a little infomercial in line. It was just hilarious.

Golfergirl, tomorrow's totally open hun, you can start fresh! And getting a dog is a fantastic idea, get a chubby one and you can have a weight loss companion. I got really discouraged when the scale was only showing a pound a week but it picked up again, I know it will for you too. Hang in there.

Tummy
Old 08-12-2003, 06:15 PM   #14  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Tummy you are ON! HA.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:05 PM   #15  
Slimwithin

A pound a week is GREAT! Don't knock it. It sure beats gaining. I think some of us have too high expectations for this woe. It's just like any other program. Some people will lose more and faster than others. That doesn't mean it isn't working. I also believe that those of us who have been on a gazillion diets over the years, gained and lost, lost and gained, etc., have a harder time getting our bods back into losing mode. I know I sure lost easier when I was young. I thought the easiness would last forever. HA! What a dreamer! So, all you Chicks and roosters who are still under 40, better get those pounds to melt away now because after 40 it's a real b***H to lose and exercise is much more difficult too.