Old 08-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Smile Weekly Chat Aug 11-17

I've never been the one to post the weekly chat! Yay!

My weekend was not so good, I indulged a bit. But I'm back on plan now, even with a broken car. that's ok. My experience of being stranded on an interstate was not as bad as it could've been. My boss is so nice, they're letting me borrow their mini van until my car is fixed.

I will work out today, I will work out today!

How's everyone doing this week?
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey all. It's been months since I posted in the weekly chat. I've been off plan for a while (ok months....) so I've made up my mind and am starting again today. I haveta update my ticker , but hey at least I'm still better off than when I started.

My bf and my parents surprised me with a new bike a few weeks ago. I've been riding it a bit but this past weekend by bf and I went for an awesome bikeride. I had to push my bike up a couple of hills, but I had so much fun I that it didn't matter. I'm terrified of riding on the road (car's scare me!), but there are miles upon miles of bike baths just a few block from my condo so I'm going to get out and do lots of those. Unfortunately, the summer is almost over.

Here we go, that awesome about your boss! Mine did the same thing for me when my car was broken into and i had to have my window replaced. It's great to have nice bosses.

Hope to be back around here a little more.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #3  

Welcome back Shan!

That's awesome about the bike... I'm still not brave enough to get on one.

I'm so blessed to have a nice boss. I'm kind of surprised that they exist. I'm new to CA and the people that I would have called to come get me are out of town and I'm actually house sitting for them. So I called my boss and him and his wife met me on the side of the interstate and totally took care of me. I really couldn't believe it. I just got the call from the mechanic. He said that the battery wires had completely disconnected from the battery, he said it was a miracle that it gave me enough time to get over on the side of the road. That would not have been good. In the fast lane on a CA interstate completely dead!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #4  

Hey everybody.

This weekend I was not a good, healthy eater. It started out all fine and dandy. Friday I was great, and Saturday during the day I followed my food plan. Saturday night though I just kept eating and couldn't stop. No matter what I ate I was just still hungry, and I ate the stupidest stuff. In my kitchen all I have is healthy food, but I literally binged on Special K cereal, 100 calorie packs, weight watcher snacks, etc. By the time I was done I definitely consumed over 2,000 calories in an hour and wish I had just like indulged on a yummy pizza or something for less calories. As long as I had screwed up on Saturday I just kept going on Sunday.

It's hard getting back to plan today... but if I don't then I will just keep gaining weight.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #5  
Get through today

Hey all!

This past weekend wasn't the worst, but I could have done better. I was out at my parents house for a family get together, and probably one of the only things that kept me on track is that I wouldn't eat most of the foods (I'm veg). Plus, I just kept thinking about a sig here (can't remember who's it is) that say something like "you will never regret not eating the cookie". And for the most part, I didn't. --- so anyways, I got a haircut and highlights from my favorite aunt, told ghost stories around a campfire, laughed until my sides hurt, got the siding on my house fixed, planned my future landscaping/garden for my backyard, discussed fixing the windows in my house, and watched the Brewers game (they won after 13 innings!). Oh, and it was my kittie's 5th brithday! So all in all, a good weekend. Yay!

here we go again -- Oh, wow, that is one of my fears with the car. I'm happy everything worked out and I give a big "hooray!" to nice bosses as well!

cookiemonster -- Doesn't it suck that "healthy" food isn't a free for all? Sometimes it feels like even more of a waste because you didn't even get to really indulge in something decadent. Today is a new day!

shantroy -- Good for you! I haven't had a bike in years. that is so awesome that you pushed yourself, and really did your best!
BellaHTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #6  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I was bad this weekend, well past week really....
i maintained 139 through all last week, despite exercising everyday....
we had a family bbq on Saturday so I at a few marshmallows and other bits....
so this week is back to work and hard core for me....
im hoping i get back onto track....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #7  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

idk why but lately i've been sleeping in alot. I always feel sleepy and everyday i probably sleep for like 16 hours. I wish this wont happen anymore since all of my classes will start soon and if this happen ... idk if i can graduate. Lol. I can't even hear my phone's ringing and my alarm clock. Probably I will have to blame on tom and hot weather
So far besides that, I think i'm doing ok. Still force myself to exercise even 5 minutes everyday. I mean, yes, if i force myself for 5 minutes, then i'll go exactly 5 mins and i'll stop. I wish i have more will power.

@sh3l5: congratz on keeping your number at 139. I'm sure your scale will show result soon this week, when you totally back on track

@BellaHTH: wow new haircut and highlight. You must be so excited i'm sure they look good on you ^^ And your weekend sounds lots of fun. Don't feel guilty about not really eating OP. Just get back on track right after that.

@cookiemonster416: I know how you feel. I had been there quite alot before when i told myself "eat this because it's healthy food so don't worry about portion", and i ended up eating more calories than actual 2 pieces of pizzas. But anyways, everything will be fine as long as you get back to eat according to plan, and, well, exercises more if you eat more than usual. don't feel too guilty about it.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:49 PM   #8  
*insert inspiration here*

S/C/G: 286/185/130

ARGH! I pigged out 2 and a half times this weekend. That half pig out was because it didn't stay down. I don't know why I ordered the fish and chips. And after I ate it, it just didn't settle. But dinner on Saturday and brunch on Sunday...ARGH! And then I was being really lazy cause after that massive brunch, I didn't even work out. What was I thinking?!?

And I woke up feeling so BLAH this morning. I had this bad dream about something happening to my mother...I had one last summer too. My mom and I don't get along very well so we only talk like once a month. But whenever I have these dreams I end up calling her at like 4am and crying like a baby. So then after that, I find out that my favorite comedian passed over the weekend and that hit me hard because he died of Pneumonia and for some reason, I couldn't help but think that that could have easily been me. I know being the age I am, that would have been highly unlikely, but I was really sick and I had no plans of going back to the doctor the second time. I was just going to go back to work and wait it out. I'm trying not to think of the 'what if's.

So yeah, so far, I'm feeling really blah!
caligirl98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/140

Height: 5"7

Well, I am pretty proud of myself. I had a family reunion on saturday and the scale didn't go up! So I had a good weekend for once! It's been awhile since I had one... I start night college classes this week. So I hope I don't get too stressed out. I am hoping it will help me stay on track since I won't have any food around, except for my snacks I bring! So maybe it will actually help me loose my last 17 pounds!

Last edited by aerogora; 08-11-2008 at 03:24 PM.
aerogora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #10  

Caligirl-

Take a deep breath... sometimes when it rain it pours.

Today is a new day and thankfully the weekend is behind all of us.

It's like I'm willing myself to make this week the best week ever. It has to be better than last week.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #11  

Caligirl - I totally feel you on the feeling bla. Ugh that's the worst, how gross you feel the day after a binge.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I’ve been ok the last few days, I’m on vacation staying with my best friend for two weeks (well I have to go to Orlando for 4 days in the middle because of my internship so it’s only 10 days but I’m going to be away from home for two weeks). My eating has been pretty good but I have been drinking too much (the probable of being around your best friend). But Saturday and Sunday we did a ton of shopping which meant lots of walking around and today I went to the gym. Did cardio and strength training.

Here we go – that is really nice of your boss. I hope your car gets fixed soon.

Shantroy – Welcome back. We missed you.

Cookie – Good luck getting back on track. I hate when I binge on stupid stuff like that, I think it would be better if I binged on a pizza.

Bella – sounds like you had a good weekend, I agree about the not regretting the cookie you don’t eat.

Sh315 – good luck staying on track this week.

Annita – Hmm that isn’t good that you are sleeping that much. That is excessive you might want to get it checked out it might be mono or something.

Cali – I hate when you get what I call the “food hangover” from eating too much junk food. I can’t eat fried food anymore because it makes me too nauseous. I also found it very sad that Bernie Mack died. He was so young, only 50, and it looked like he was getting better.

Aero – Good job not gaining weight after the family reunion, that is really good.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/219/155

Height: 5'7"

I'm feeling pretty ugh this evening- Monday evenings are my weigh-ins..I was only down a half a pound. I shouldn't be depressed because I was down, and I'd MUCH rather have a loss than a gain, by any means, but I still feel very defeated. Plus, I'm super bloated and my chesticals are sore because TOM should be arriving by week's end. Of course, I don't get to move my ticker because then it'll say I'm actually a pound down, and in my eyes, that's cheating...

so, here's to this week and staying focused. I have 4.5 more to go til this next (big) mini goal and I'm determined to do it. I just expected to be a bit farther along. I hate being a woman sometimes- it really throws me off...yeah, hormones talking...
Mango683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #14  
Are we there yet????

S/C/G: 227/*ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

this weekend actually wasn't terrible, diet wise. I have TOM and lack of appetite to thank for that. I'm horribly bloated right now though. Mondays at work is when I refill the pastry showcase at work and I garnish everything with various goodies (mini oreos, chocolate squares, etc) and it seemed like I just had to have one of everything today. oh well.
leighish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/262/180

Height: 6'5

hey yall....well ive done pretty good on eating except for one chip binge....but what im the happiest about is i walked for 45 mins 5 whole days in a row!!!!! so excited about that....oh and i dyed my hair today and i love it!

and good job to everyone who stayed on track and everyone who didnt you can do it this week!!!!
bentley fontane is offline   Reply With Quote