Old 06-24-2003, 08:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Cluck - Tuesday, June 24

Hey! Where are you all?

I am on a new schedule these days. I have been getting up just before five and doing stuff in the cool of the morning. I was over at the Fairgrounds watering at 5:30 and Art showed up with a thermos of coffee. It was so nice to sit under the maple and sip a java with him. We talked haying, gardening and belted Galloway cattle! A beautiful and relaxing time of day!

Hershey is off at Holly's now getting her summer cut. She will no longer look like a black bear and it sure will be easier to keep when she is in and out of the water. Lucy is next.

Sad day in Delta today. It's the last day of school but also the last day for our school which is closing permanently. The kids will be bussed to neighbouring schools. I'll miss seeing them trudging back and forth down our street and also library day when the classes come into the Library and raise happy havoc.

Yesterday Lurker Lorraine hollered for me to come over and she gave me a wonderful assortment of plants. The Greenhouse is closing for the year and the "leftovers" which are absolutely gorgeous were bound for the compost. I feel so sad to see that but sure can't give them all homes. My front porch is a bower of flowers now.

I'm off in a few minutes to deliver some advance ride tickets for the Fair. This hot weather keeps reminding me that it's coming fast!

Keep cool and OP.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:34 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

ruthie???? you wrote this at nearly 9 am and not a single other person has joined in???? WOW!!!!

I guess we all have lives1!!

Am home from work today. the doctor said i needed another day of rest [from that awful job]. so believe me, i'm taking it.

and maggie louise [the dog] and i had a nice hike this morning. started at 7:45 or so, and took the shady trail through the woods, even though it's harder than the one that has more sun. but there's no sense in being stupid. and i saw the deer before she did, so they had a chance to leave quietly and not be chased.

and after i submit this reply, it's time for a little nap... this sinus infection/.bronchitis is not pretty. the cat is curled up on my clean laundry that's not put away [she's a happy girl!]

have a great day, ladies... will check back later.

and ruth... don't we remember someone saying that she wouldn't be so involved in the delta fair in 2003????? now, who was it that said that last year/????? HMMMMMM???????
Old 06-24-2003, 10:23 AM   #3  
It's MY Life

Morning Everyone!!! Going to be a real scorcher here in IL today--they are predicting heat indexes in the 100's. Guess summer really is here now. I have so many projects and things I want to do and so little energy to do them with. I have not been sleeping well at all lately--way too many things on my mind that just don't want to let go of their grip when I go to bed. I am thinking I will take a Tylenol PM tonight and see if it helps. DS is at basketball camp right now and then has football again tonight from 4:30-7:30. Just talking with the boys that I drove to the games last night I can tell that even though it is only June they are getting burned out--they didn't even get a break when school got out. I understand that both coaches want their teams to be successful, but.....
Anyway, I got in my Body Flex workout this morning. I really feel like the top half of me got a workout, but as of right now, I am not feeling it in my legs. Maybe I am not doing them right--guess time will tell. Boy, does that band on that bar have some tension to it--I think it will take me awhile before I have to wrap it around to make it tougher!
Since DS will be gone and DH will still be at work I should be able to get in another workout before dinner. I am really hoping to see some inch loss next Monday when I measure. The girls that I post with on another board have been having great results, so I am hopeful Some inch loss might boost the old spirits!

Ruth, I bet your porch is so beautiful with all of those flowers!

Jif, get well soon!

I hope more people check in today!! Looking forward to hearing from all of you.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:53 PM   #4  

I have been lurking for a couple of days too--way too hot here during the day and swimming all afternon. Miree and I are going to have great tans!

We leave tomorrow for gran's house--Miree will stay for 10 days and I will be helping my brother move on Thursday--can't say I'm happy about it since it's going to be HOT!! I'm going to have to double up on my meds for a while to get through it.

My dog walking has done wonders for my legs--they look so good! And I can felel an overall "firming up"--alwasy a good thing

Have a great day everyone and stay cool!
Old 06-24-2003, 02:26 PM   #5  

I'm not lurking, I'm studying. LOL. Actually I've been archiving projects at work, so I'm not on the computer as much. It's a good workout though, bending, stretching, moving big heavy boxes.

I managed to stay OP all day yesterday and then blew the whole day with chinese food. And gained a pound to show for it. GRR!
I'm being really good today.

Ruth - aren't you suppose to just be a spectator this year at the fair? I'm begining to think that you're a lot like my mom. She has "VOLUNTEER ME" tattoed on her forehead according to my Dad. He used to send her to PTA meetings with instructions to sit on her hands so she wouldn't volunteer (or get volunteered) for anything else.
Old 06-24-2003, 05:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I'm not lurking, either! I'm trying to decide if death would be more welcome than a sinus infection, combined with ear infection, sore throat, and bronchitis. I have mortgaged the house to buy all the medicine this doctor wants me to take, and now I'm wondering how I'm going to function? Of course, anything would be preferable to this feeling. Hey, Jiff, what's helping you? Anyone want to trade lives?

That place that holds me slave 8 to 10 hours a day doesn't understand why I need to be out so much so I've brought home a ton of work and that's what I'll eat for supper tonight. Well, and maybe some soup to round things out.

Other than that, the nurse today stopped the bottom weight of the scale at 150. I almost freaked when she slid the top one all the way across and nothing happened, but then I realized that I wasn't close to 300 pounds after all! I'm stuck at 211 but that's okay, at least I haven't gained anything. Waiting on TOM and the whoosh fairy, so next week will be better I pray!

Hope everything's going well for you all, talk to you soon!
Old 06-24-2003, 08:42 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I have not steped on the scale in 2 weeks TOM is here so i do not want to do that. I am scared to find out what it says. i am planning on getting up early now to go to the gym as school is finally out and I can now not make it home in time to get the kids up to go to school. I am going to do the slow burn exercises so I need to start to plan on what I am going to do. as well as some cardio. I should not take too long in there. (MY problem before)

I am still OP an dgoing strong. I have been so tempted to cheat it is not funny but better now that TOM is half over. I made my wonderful brocoli cauliflower (and threw in brocoflower in too) and YUMMMM I had 2 huge dishes of that.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:21 PM   #8  
Slimwithin

I'm still here. I see we have a lovely new Chicks on the Beach forum but don't worry, I will still be checking in here.
I am trying desperately to stay OP today. I can't even begin to tell you how naughty I've been lately and I'm suffering for it too. Good thing I have a jar of Tums in the house but when I stay OP I don't need them. Also, very tired and grumpy all the time...well, you all know the effects of too many carbs.
Worried about #2 daughter. She got a call from her doctor's office that her blood glucose is borderline so they want to do a glucose tolerance test. Sounds like gestational diabetes which they warned her was more likely due to me being Type 2. Darn! Oh well, she and her hubby just got back from two weeks in very warm and beautiful Italy. She says baby is doing a lot of kicking and none of her clothes fit her anymore. She should get my care package containing some maternity pants and tops in a day or two. Hope they fit.
Today I sprayed our rather large lawn for moss control and fertilizer, swept the garage, did a bank run and shopped for groceries so now I have lots of meat and veggies. I just can't get over how high my grocery bill has been lately. I used to feed a family of four for two months on what I spent today for one week!!
Ruth, stay away from that darned fair. You are being dragged back into it and it doesn't look as if you're fighting too hard.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:22 PM   #9  
Old Cackler

sherrie. the only thing that works for me is antibiotics. this time around, it's zithromax. augmentin works, too. biaxin doesn't always.

and the sooner the better for those antibiotics, darlin. sinus infection leads to bronchitis which flares the asthma and contributes to the pneumonia which sends the asthma out of control for a few months.

this one was caught early. thank goodness.

hope you feel better soon!!!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Dang, biaxin is what I paid dearly for today, and nearly choked myself to death on as well! I've been on amoxil for a week, he thinks this stuff should kick some serious bug! Hope you feel better, and me too. Nighty-night, everyone!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:17 AM   #11  

Go for the z-pack (zithromax) next time. That stuff kicks butt.