Old 05-05-2003, 05:18 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Daily - Monday, May 5

Starting us up. Back in a bit with my coffee.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:55 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

morning all........... I'm trying soooo hard to come back. No time to post now, running late for work, but figured I HAVE to jump back in - it feels like "now or never"......... will come back tonight.. Hope everyone has a good day..... Ruth, that coffee is really good, thanks!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:12 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Any time! Sonogranny, you just get your fluffy butt back in here more regularly or you will NEVER get a Portie!

I'm in a hurry myself. Did a long Journal post this a.m. and lost the darn thing! Just had to recreate most of it. Basically it was about a lovely day yesterday in Ottawa with Jim and Wendy and Tayler.

Right now, I need to leap into action to do the pre-Gail tidy. The girls go to the vet for weigh-in and a booster at 10 and I need to drop off the winter coats for cleaning - yes, it's finally time.

After those chores, I'll be out in the garden raking, splitting perennials, digging a wee lettuce patch and dreaming of the perfect garden I will have this summer - or someday.

I hope everyone has a glorious Monday.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:00 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

HI all just dropping in to say hello.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:10 AM   #5  

Hello Ladies,

Gotta get in for a minute or two to boost my weight loss efforts. Boy do I hate coming into work lately. The atmosphere is so down here. Take-overs are such a b!tch! So many people know that they will not have jobs, but they are not communicating the next steps for these poor people. Things have to be transition and will take time.

I am still dangling in the land of the unknown. 4 people in my area were done last Friday. All great people. So sad, so immoral, I wish these big companies had bigger hearts.

At least I have my boys to cheer me up. Grandma bought Darren a lizard on Saturday. I am clueless on how to take care of a lizard.

Any lizard experts out there, advise would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Get a Portuguese Water Dog and there will be no problems with the lizard!
Sorry - could not resist!
Old 05-05-2003, 08:36 AM   #7  

Just a quick hi-bye for me this morning, I have to take M to preschool in 5 minutes.

Sono, hope you do keep coming back--it helps make you honest!

Jenny, so sorry you're having such a rough time at your work, it's so disheartening. My dh went through the very same thing with his very first job EVER. The company downsized and then voila! FOLDED! Chin up, there are always better things on the horizon....

Ruthie, have fun in the perennial bed--wouldn't you know I'm goingout there myself this morning!

Gotta run--have a great day everyone!
Old 05-05-2003, 08:59 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Angry Happy Monday!!

Good Morning Everyone

Ruth and Pooky, enjoy your gardens today....its a bit too cool here today for me to get out in mine.

Jenny, I think hubby's grandkids are about to get a lizard I'll take Ruth's porties any day! lol

Welcome back Sono, hangin' out here keeps you on track (for the most part anyway)

Yesterday I realized I only have 36lbs to go. Thats it!!! 36lbs. Sure doesnt seem like alot when I look at where Ive been. So I can do this....piece of Low Carb cake!! Im below the 1/2 way mark and it feels great. If I get serious about it, I can have it all gone by mid summer!! I can do this!!

Had a great day yesterday, managed to get hubby out for a walk with me around the (little) lake. Then we sat and people watched for about an hour. Very interesting lol Then we went home, and he washed the truck while I supervised ...well, then I got bored and went for my 45 min walk. Just a nice Sunday all round.

Have a great day everyone
Robin
Old 05-05-2003, 09:03 AM   #9  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hi Ladies. I wanted to introduce myself to you. My name is Jayne, and I'm 29. I am married with a 20 month old, Aaron (bet you all figured out his name already, right? ). My other "children" are a Carolina dog named Maggie and two cats, Lucky and Princess. I have been hanging out at 3fc for about a year now, in the WW section. I am just beginning a low-carb way of life instead, with a week under my belt now.

I've had 4 miscarriages and while we're not sure what exactly is causing them, there is a possible link between insulin that isn't well controlled and a lessened progesterone production. It's not very established at all, but if there's a tiny chance that it could help us along, I'm willing to take that chance. So that's what brought me to my Atkins decision. My parents have been lc for upwards of 7 years now, and my sister also has done it for awhile, all of them on Atkins. So I'm pretty familiar with it, and not finding it nearly as hard for me as WW was.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing the journey!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Welcome Aaronsmom Im glad your here!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:59 AM   #11  

Thumbs up Feeling crappy today

Literally that is--been in the bathroom more than out. Not sure if it is all the carbs I consummed this weekend--or the protein I had for breakfast. Just not feeling to good at all.

Welcome Arronsmom!! If you are lo-carbing this is the place to be...you have one week of Induction under your belt? WTG! That was the hardest part..you should be proud of yourself

Stormy weather is expected all day-we are getting the storms Kansas had yesterday-they spotted like 36 tornados in this storm system. I need to take cover on my couch today!
Robin-sounds like you had the perfect Sunday...I wanna come live with you--we seem to always have such chaos here on the weekends
Welcome back DebKay-Sonogranny-and DonDar-missed you guys and hope you all stay around! The threads lately have been pretty short with all of you guys keeping to yourselves--Hope you all have a great day!

Gotta go to the BR again

Miss D
Old 05-05-2003, 02:39 PM   #12  

Welcome Aaron's mom!

Hey Jenny! what kind of lizard is it?

all I know is: tank, heat lamp, crickets and water spritzer and to wash wash wash wash those little hands before and ESPECIALLY after handling the little thing.

They are kind of cute in a lizardy sort of way.

sort of.

peach
Old 05-05-2003, 04:36 PM   #13  

Okay, I'm going to start jumping in here...

I'm a lawyer and I live in Toledo, Ohio. Since my twins were born (18 months ago) I've been working part-time. This means that my usual schedule has me commuting to my office (which is 75 miles from home) on Mondays and Wednesdays. The other days of the week, I'm home with my kids or I'll end up in court somewhere. Honestly, I am unhappy with my job and I've got resume's out but shhh... don't tell my boss - who's also my step-father.

Inevitably, my kids will get sick on a Sunday night - which is what happenend last night. So my daughter went to daycare this morning, while my son and I were in the Ped's this morning at 8:30am - my office had to reschedule all my clients and I had to take my son to court with me at 10:00 (his daddy is a judge so luckily he was able to come out to the car and sit with him while I went in for a pre-trial!)

How chaotic is my life???? It'll be just as nutty tomorrow, you can bet on it!

So anyway, I've been on Atkins since Easter Sunday! Oh, to give up all those chocolate-y treats my kids got... I hate this diet but I have to say that it is working for me. I haven't even started exercising yet (really- I am trying to find the time!) I went to the health food store today and got some good multivitamins to help me right now. I also got Chromium picolonate which I've heard is supposed to help with the hunger pains.

My goal is to be able to fit into my favorite size 10 dress by October. I have several weddings to go to but one of them is an ex-boyfriend and I just HAVE to look good for it! I currently wear a (cough cough) 16! I do have a cute little number that is a size 12 that would be an excellent second choice but I'm working toward the 10!!!

I'm hoping to get to know everyone here - I don't know anything about lizards or 9 year olds... but I'm learning!
Old 05-05-2003, 04:40 PM   #14  
Still Hanging Around:)

Checking in I've been surfing the LC forum for a couple days, and figured I'd better start posting! My DH & I are starting Atkins TOMORROW! Yay us! My aunt & uncle are on program right now. My aunt is down 35#, my uncle is down 50#. They've been huge motivators!

I've spent the last two weeks thoroughly researching LC lifestyles, and spent an hour at the grocery store today stocking up. I didn't quite get through the store, so I'll go back maybe later tonight. I was running out of time, and barely beat the kids home! They were getting off the bus a block down as I was pulling in the driveway. WAY too close.

I can't wait to chat with you all! Hopefully this is a lifestyle change that will be just what DH & I need!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:49 PM   #15  

Hello all! It has been a longgggg time since I have been over here. Life has been os busy lately, and really I have been so discouraged with the weight gain and loss and gain and loss.....Makes me dizzy just thinking about it

I have to say, this IS the nicest group of ladies that I have had read online in a longggggg time! So can I join back in???? please???????

Adrienne, I live in Ohio also, just directly south of you!

Well I better scoot, hopefully I will be able to check back in soon, with these 4 kiddos running around....iy yi yi!

Take care,
Caroline