Old 07-29-2002, 07:01 AM   #1  
Hang In There

Default The Daily: Monday July 29th

It'sabout 5:45 and I'm postimg from my bed in the hospital room.
The surgery went well and I'm starting to feel human again. I have the best room in the whole hospital. There is one room that is a corner room and had big glass windows on 2 sides, and i have it. It's on the fourth floor and the view is spectacular. I may get to go home today. I'v already walked my requitred distance. My doctor is a no nonsense type of a guy and you eirther love him, or hate him, I love him.

I hope I get to go home, because we are supposed to close on our new building tomorrow, and I have to be there to sign things. Texas is a community property state, so we are both responsible,

I have DSL both at home and at the office, so I'd forgotten how slow a dial up modem connection could be.

They aren't much into low carb here. I;ve done the best I can considereing my choices. Of course Ole' Alvin has laughed at me because I will not eat the rolls and mashed potatoes so I can have the desserts,

Thanks for all the prayers and warm wisher. The do help!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 07:12 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

BARB!!! welcome and I am so glad to hear from you. Glad to hear things are going well for you!! get home soon!!I had not thought of a lap top!! just wondering how you were thinkng it would be a while before we heard from you!! I just got to get me one of those things!! I would die if I did not have my daily 3FC fix!!

thingshere are going to be confusing for me. exercise. client at 9, hopefully a call from a recruiter this morning fr traveling nurses, and interview at 1 for the uGH local nursing home. then usual stuff like hose clean and fins out why the cat took to peeing inthe middle of the dinning room floor!!!

laundry and what else?? everything and my usual computer time and woeking on the web thing. It is very frusterating!! BUT FUN!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 07:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Barb, so glad to hear that all went well and that you will be home today! Remember that you "love" your Doc so follow the rules when you do get there!

Well, the Fair is over and I am damned glad! Yesterday, I operated on the last of my energy reserves. Would you believe I SLEPT with the cops on the bank run? I dozed off in the back seat of the cruiser surrounded by the night deposit bags!
No major crisis yesterday although I was probably too exhausted to have noticed. The keys that fell into the portapotty were returned - they DID wash them!

DH and the Girls are in need of lots of attention today - they did OK but are all feeling neglected. I am off to the Oriface 9 to 12 today to gather up the dregs of the money for deposit and roll a ton of coin. Why the heck did we ever go to coins for $1 and $2? Later in the week I will tally up all the revenue and expenses and get some true attendance figures for the four days. (Radio and TV have been in fore interviews and I just did ballpark figures.)

Right now I am going to grab a quick breakfast and a bath before wonderful Gail comes to clean. This house is a sty!

Will check in later - have tons of posts to read!

Love ya!
Old 07-29-2002, 07:26 AM   #4  
workin' my way back down

BARB......... wow! it is wonderful to see you back! Glad that you are feeling well enough to post. Laptops are a wonderful invention - wish I could get one! Listen to your doc, after all, he's the one who helped you get this far!

Sue... I hope your day is better than it sounds like it's gonna be! I'm not on the work schedule for this week, so it looks like I'm gonna have to do the same as you... talk w/some recruiters, or, in my case, temp agencies...... it's so hard to get that "first" job in a new career.......

Ruth..... glad that the fair is over and you can get back to whatever passes for "normal" for you!! You just do too darn much! Enjoy your breakfast, and when Gail is done at your house, please send her down here!!

Have a good day all............
Old 07-29-2002, 08:17 AM   #5  

Glad to seeyou back barb! Glad to hear the surgery went so well!

Ruth, I for one am thrilled you're finished with this fair business. You were making me too tired!

Sue--cat pee!? That's the worst to get out. Do you have carpet or hardwood/tile? My mom used to use orange oil on the cat pee when her cats acted up and it worked like a charm.

Have a great one samsgram!

Busy day ahead of me, dh and dd returned to work/daycare and my house is trashed! Holidays are definitely for the men since I hae to clean up after them! Ruth, would you consider lending ot Gail?? whine, whine whine....

Have a good day all!
Old 07-29-2002, 10:32 AM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

Neiter Pooky Hard wood that has warn off the finish!! worst yet!! I used clorox and will use my odor stuff too but the whole floor needs washing!!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:56 AM   #7  
It's MY Life

Hi Guys, I was MIA over the weekend. Too much stuff going on around here. On Saturday my DS was in an all day 7on7 football tournament in a town about an hour away. They played 6 40 minute games in about 110 degree heat index--no shade to be found. I was frantic about him getting enough water in so that he wouldn't get dehydrated or have heat stroke or something. They had 5-10 minute breaks in between games and a half hour lunch break. He made it through, but he had a terrible headache all the way home--I had cold rags on his head and neck and had the air going, but not full strength--I was afraid to cool him down too quickly. After a lukewarm shower, some Tylenol, more water and LOTS of TLC he felt much better by supper time. Good enough to eat almost a whole pizza by himself. I am happy to say that I only ate the toppings no crust. Yesterday DH, DS and I spent the day up at the Pro Golf tournament--you might have seen it televised on CBS yesterday afternoon. Anyway, the heat was just as bad, but there were shady places and lots of opportunities to just sit and watch if you wanted to. We did a good combination of walking and sitting and I felt like I got in a good workout. After about 6 hours we were ready to call it a day and come home. Grilled out steaks and shrimp and stayed in the AC after that. I have been doing really well with eating and exercising. I am not only doing my Walk Away Tapes, but have joined a "The Firm" challenge group. Most of us are first timers so that helps. Unfortunately I took my measurements so I could track progress. I guess it will help make me stay focused!!!! DS has football camp tonight and I have Longeberger basket party to go to. I can't really afford them, but I love to look and the lady giving it is a good friend so I feel compelled.

Ruth, glad you made it through the fair---just think next year you can just go and enjoy yourself there--OR not go at all--your choice.

Pooky, sounds like you have a lot of work there in your basement--hope you are holding up okay.

Barb, glad to hear from you!!! I was wondering how you were doing. Hope you get to go home soon, but make sure you take care of yourself!

Sue, we have a neighborhood cat that loves to pee under my bushes by the deck--I can't hardly bear it out there, so I can only imagine what you are going through. Good luck and I hope everything else is settling down too.

Hi to Samsgram and anyone else who posts after me!! I'm late today so I don't know who else will pop in, but I hope that you all have a GREAT day!
Old 07-29-2002, 11:57 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good Morning All

I have reduced my carb intake (compared to what it used to be) for the past few weeks , with the plan to reduce it to between 20-40gms/day staring last weekend. I am happy to anounce that I have reached my current short-term goal weight this week. I have lost 6# in the past 2 weeks~yeah! I want to thank you all for your info and suggestions. It has really helped me alot.

Barb~~~I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well and that you are up and moving~gotta love your doc for that Keep us up to date with your recovery.

Sue~~~I'm so sorry to hear about your family difficulties. I agree with everything that Linda said in the other thread (from personal experience). Tough love is difficult but worth it in the long-run. No matter what though, always take care of yourself~don't forget to do that.

Ruth~~Glad to hear that your Fair was a success. Now you can slow down alittle, gal

Everybody have a great day and don't forget to drink your water!!!
BTW, thanks for putting up the bio thread. I added mine to the group

~~~Sil
137/125/120
Old 07-29-2002, 12:15 PM   #9  
Diet Freak ;)

Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to pop in say hello. My husband is home for two weeks so I will be in and out just to say hi.

Hope all is well

Sinnrah
Old 07-29-2002, 01:22 PM   #10  

Afternoon Gals!

Day 2 of the single life, boys and dh at cub scout camp. Went to see "Road to Perdition" on Sunday and had dinner with my mom. Tonight is house cleaning and baking birthday cake and making baseball cookies for an upcoming award banquet.

Even though I love my quiet time to myself, I do miss my boys terribly. Cannot even call them.

Sue ~ you sound like a wonderful mom, time will get you through this.

Annie ~ I love listening to your escapades with your ds, it sounds like the two of you must be great friends and not just mother and son. I am invited to a LB party tonight also, to bad we are not going to the same one.

2BFit1 ~ Good for you making your mini goal!

Pooky ~ all holidays and get togethers are for the men, planning, cooking, gift buying, you name it they are participants and not contributers.

Ruth ~ You SLEPT with the Cops

Barb ~ glad to see you back, do not be in too much of a hurry to get out of there.

TIPPY come out come out wherever you are!

Kel, How is your dm doing?

Welcome back Rubirose, how could I forget you, you have the nicest user name!

Have an op day!
Old 07-29-2002, 02:38 PM   #11  
It's MY Life

Jenny, sure wish we were going to the same basket party too. What fun that would be!!! "Road to Perdition" (the book) was written by a guy who lives not too far from here. It is based on a real life gangster named John P. Looney.(the Newman character) I haven't gotten to see it yet, but it looks great!!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 04:35 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

I HAVE A JOB!!! When I went for the interview I felt really comfortable with the DON and well I just wanted to work there. it felt right!1 So here I go!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 05:32 PM   #13  
It's MY Life

Oh Sue!!!! That is TERRIFIC news!!! You definitely need to celebrate!!!!!! I am SO happy for you!

Last edited by AdoAnnie; 07-29-2002 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I wanted to celebrate with you guys, but I am too exhausted.

I need many prayers here. Went to doc today for PFH (period from h*ll) and found out hemoglobin is down to 6.0. Blood transfusion on Wed. a.m. Hopefully will feel more human then. Can't walk or sit up for long, but wanted you all to know I am still here! I will be begging for my hysterectomy that I was fighting against this time last year.

If I can I'll check in with you tomorrow!
Old 07-29-2002, 09:06 PM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Sherri~~
Weren't you the one who recently posted your lab values, with the low cholesterol ect? I remember the low hemoglobin/hematacrit and was worried why they were so low.
If this is all from the PFH, please get it checked out.

I hope all goes well with the transfusion~I'm sure that it will. And you will be feeling better and stronger in no time at all. Rest and relax. We're praying for you.

~~~Sil