Old 04-19-2003, 07:06 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Easter/Passover Weekend - April 19 & 20

An early start again this morning as Hersh decided to throw up at 3 a.m. Luckily not a biggie so I didn't have to do a Pooky! I got up then and coffeed and headed for the tub. Lucy decided to join me in the tub - she has been watching me longingly when I'm in there but today was the day. So funny! But she is clean and sweet smelling for the weekend.

It is sprinkling a wee bit right now which will sure cut into the crowds at the Syrup Festival. I'll be there in an hour to start pouring and flipping pancakes. Maple syrup and pancakes - not a great LC breakfast so I'll have a protein shake first. We also will have sausages so I'll sneak one of those for a snack - depending on the kind. By the way, the men are cooking the sausages - is BBQ a man's thing? Seems to me I've cooked on the barbie and remained female!

Gotta get cracking and make some sandwiches for the all day workers - ham and cheese and tuna salad on whole wheat bread. If you have to eat carbs, eat GOOD carbs.

By the way, my Easter craving for choclate got the better of me last night and I binged on Nanaimo bars. Today has to be a better day!

Happy weekend to all.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:37 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ruth and all those to come!

Ruth, I hope you are fluishing your system out from all those Nanaimo bars, I told you they were deadly!

Busy day ahead, the party is this afternoon and I have some last minute things to get. Since I can't make it back down on Sunday, I am also exchanging Easter gifts with my mom and grandma. I have no doubt they also have some Easter goodies for M.

Right now it's all about motivation--get my lazy butt off of this chair and head into the shower...sigh....

Have a good one everyone!
Old 04-19-2003, 09:21 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Well my Saturday easter dinner is minus 2 ppl already. Mom called last night, and said Dad has the flu, so they wont be making the trip I always worry when dad gets sick. It doesnt happen often.

But my brother and his fiance are still coming....I love that girl, Ive never met anyone with so much spirit before. Puts my brother right in his place too! poor guy

Ive decided its a monthly hormonal thing that sets me off. Ive never had to deal with this before because of the pcos, but since loosing so much weight, my cycle is for the first time in my life, on schedule. (Im still debating if Im happy about this) Yesterday, I had myself in such a state that hubby thought I was very funny. Angry as I was at everything!! Thats love eh?! Well, anyway, I had my chocolate cadbury mini eggs (ever notice how many of them get to your mouth before you notice how many you have had?) Then I attacked a bag of doritos.....they were really very bad tasting....so why did I keep eating them? Because I could I have one more freebie day, and thats today, Im even going to add wine to the mix of carbs Ive been overloading on.....ohhhhhh Sunday is going to be a terrible hang over day!! But is it worth it??? YUP!

Someone toss out the wagon's life preserver!! I'll grab onto it tomorrow

Have a great Easter Ladies

Robin
Old 04-19-2003, 09:30 AM   #4  

I agree Pooky, motivation is the issue today.

I just want to hang around and do nothing! but I have showered and straightened up the house a bit. I am going to go off to look at kitchen and bath design places and get some ideas for the house. I probably won't do any remodeling for a while(we won't have a dime left after closing!) But it's nice to dream!

I am headed toward a good restart on the ole diet for Monday. It's been tough going lately, but I'm getting there. Cleaning out the frig, defrosting pork chops and a turkey.

I am going to Florida on Wednesday- I have had to rent out our house down there in order to cover having 2 morgages, so I am emptying the house and having a yard sale. DH and I are driving the furniture up to NY next week. 2 days in a large rented truck with DH> That ought to be fun. My DS and DN will be with me for the cleanout and yard sale day, and DH will fly down at the end, pick up the truck and help me drive back up north.

I'll be absent for a bit, but trying to stay OP- it's often easier with DH because he's such a healthy eater.

I'll be around til Tuesday...

I'll stop by later- be good! Hi Robin, hold on, Monday will be better- I think a little wine might be a good idea here, too! Ruth, care for a little chardonnay tonight?

dottie

Last edited by dottiejon; 04-19-2003 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:48 AM   #5  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning!

Wet pup in the tub, My girls use to like to do that!

I think the matzo is finally working its way loose. I have has a tummy ache for 2 days and it is not feeling better yet.

Cute kids posted in the last 2 days. Some real heart throbs. All blonds too!

My boys promoted to their green belt after school yesterday. 600 jumping jacks, their form 10 times with 15 push ups in between, then 200 kicks in to the pads and a final topper of another 40 push ups!

Older boy had a really tough time with the last sets of pushups but they both did it. So out to dinner we went.

Have to figure out what we are doing today. KFS has to tell me how much work we have to do for our spring bennifit next weekend. She is in charge, i just do as I am told.

Happy Easter to all you chicks. Try to stick to the hard boiled eggs instead of the chocolate kind.
-L
Old 04-19-2003, 10:24 AM   #6  
Hang In There

Well I'm at work and should be working, but what am I doing?

Today is Ole Alvin's 1 year anniversary for his WLS and he's done fantastic even if he has broken every rule they've ever written on the subject. He's lot a total of 221 pounds and feeling super. I went into greater details on the WLS thread if anyone is interested.

Any of you Canadian's scared of my STARS! yet? Look out ! they are on a roll !!

I'm looking into the South Beach Diet thing to try to give that a go starting Monday. You know me, something different comes along and I have to ride on that wagon a while!!!

So I'm off to introduce myself to the girls on that thread and see if I get any fantastic new ideas.

Later
Old 04-19-2003, 04:22 PM   #7  
Slimwithin

Aw, Barb, most of your Stars are Canadians anyhow. I'm a Canucks fan and just hoping they can hang in two more games. Last night they whupped St. Louis 5-3 but they have to win games 6 and 7 to stay in the running for the Stanley Cup.

Not much happening here this weekend. I told #1 daughter that they were welcome to come out on Monday but on Sunday evening I'll be watching the hockey game. LOL Isn't it a good thing that I have my priorities right?

I do have fruit bread mixing in the bread machine and I just took a carrot cake out of the oven so I'm ready in case anybody stops by. I sure wasn't ready this morning when my nephew, his Dad and Dad's gf stopped in unexpectedly. At least I was dressed for the day but I was enjoying a leisurely read of the big Saturday paper when they arrived. People should give some warning if they want to be served goodies.

I will be colouring Easter eggs a bit later. They are boiled and chilling now. Not for any kids. DH always asks me when I'm colouring the eggs. They are a favourite of his even though I've told him time and again that the colouring doesn't change the taste of the eggs.

I'm still sticking with South Beach Diet. So far so good. They really shouldn't allow nuts for a snack though. There's no way I can stop with 20 nuts.

That's about all from me. I hope you all enjoy a lovely Easter weekend.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:25 PM   #8  

I've created a MONSTER! DH is demanding low-carb snacks for his trip. (DH is going to drive up to VA to visit his brother, and I offered to go get some snacks for his trip. ) Everything I fix for dinner now is questioned "Is this Low Carb?" I'm about to tie him down and stuff some chocolate bunnies down his throat.

Okay, venting over. No wait... I have PMS and a cold, too. Oh, and my butt is burnt from the tanning bed. I had a bad reaction becuase of the cold meds.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate. Chocolate bunnies to all!!!!
Old 04-19-2003, 05:39 PM   #9  

Hiya Ladies!!
Sooo tired today! Got up and finished my Easter shopping--what a drag-I really wish I was more organized and would not wait until the last minute! Took the girls to my parent's Pub for some lunch --(Pizza with everything and Mozz cheese stix) then after I stopped at the grocery and was thinking in my mind everything I had left to do today-color eggs, make cookies, makebaked beans, scalleped potatoes and get ready for company tonight--when DD says--MOM, what time is softball practice today??? OOOOPPPPSSSS!! so we rushed home and I had 1 hour to get some major cooking done--then went to a 2 hour practice. DH is working so me and Tori had to go and stay there the whole time. Sooooo, now I am cleaning awya and waiting for my company--so gotta go!
Have a Great and Blessed Easter everyone!!!

Miss D
Old 04-20-2003, 07:45 AM   #10  

Good Morning sleepyheads!

A beautiful Easter morning, the sun is shining and it promises to be a beautiful day. M was awake bright and early to see what the Easter bunny brought her, a basket full of chocolate and a stuffed bunny.Grammie boughthera new outfit and shoes and Gramma (great grandma) bought her a cute short and T outfit. her birthday is next month so we didn't go big today. This afternoon we'll be visiting some friends but most important to me is I am hoping to get out in the yard and continue the cleanup. Got derailed for a coule of days due to rainy weather but I'll get back at it. A nice ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner. For me, I'll have the last of my winter mix of veggies instead of the potatoes.

Yesterday's party went off without a hitch, the sweet boy is just about walking now and made off like a thief. I think he was just most happiest to dive into his cake. Why are babies so cute when they are messy?

As for me, I got quite a few compliments on my new figure and I found out that my aunt's dad (married in to the family) has been doing Atkins for 2 years now and swears by it! Whaddya know?!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-20-2003, 07:57 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Easter Morning, Chicklettes!

I am off to Church and then to the Syrup Festival to cook more pancakes. No, I have not had even a tiny one! We were really busy yesterday morning with long line ups. I had the afternoon off and took the Girls to get their pictures taken with the Easter Bunny! How pathetic is that! It did generate some curiousity and some extra business for the photographer.

Company this afternoon for dinner - I hope I survive! Gail comes tomorrow and has suggested that "we" wash the kitchen walls!

I wish everyone a most relaxing day! Mine will be hectic but I do have some free time on Wednesday afternoon to catch up and relax! So silly!
Old 04-20-2003, 10:34 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Morning Ladies

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday Its beautiful here today, and the easter bunny arrived.

Yesterday was wonderful, my brother and his fiance came for supper, he's been doing atkins for about 3 weeks now, and let himself have a free day yesterday. By the end of the day, he felt sooooo tired from all the crap he was eating lol. It was really nice to have them here.

Today, we are doing the easter supper thing again at hubby's sons house. I think Ive had my fill of high carb stuff lol, I'll be glad to get back to it on monday. More specifically, right after supper tonight

Have a great day Ladies

Robin
Old 04-20-2003, 11:08 AM   #13  

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!

Well, the little chickadees did not get up to early today--8:30 to be exact--they crack me up-they always sleep in on Christmas Day and Easter--We've had to wake them up on Christmas a few years--but any other day of the week they are up at the crack of dawn!!!!

I'm ready to hit the Atkins first thing tomorrow morning-it has been so beautiful out here --(it is 76 today) that I really need to start walking again!

see you all tomorrow!!

Miss D
Old 04-20-2003, 05:13 PM   #14  
Slimwithin

Yesterday I gave in and tried a tiny piece about 1" square of my carrot cake and just a little slice off the end of my fruity Easter bread. Yummy to both but I must be content with a taste. Trying to remember how awful I feel with heartburn which is what those foods do to me.
Peter is cleaning the pond and waterfall today so I'm hoping they will be up and running soon. He says we have a frog in the pond. It's one of those man-made liner ponds so it can't be finding much mud to root around in but hey, I don't care. I just like to hear its song. Too wet to do much gardening.

No big dinner tonight. I decided I'm going to take it easy today and watch the hockey game starting at 4. Go Canucks Go! We gotta win this one or we're out of the playoffs. I am such a fan!

Finally got to the yoke of the baby sweater I'm knitting. Gosh, 185 stitches on one needle now that both fronts, both sleeves and the back are all joined together. I find that my wrists get very achy very quickly with that much weight on the needle. At least I'm decreasing to shape it to the neck so it's gotta get lighter as I go along..no? Probably not.

Not a single chocolate bunny or egg has passed my lips and it had better stay that way. Happy Easter, Chickies.