Old 04-14-2003, 04:42 AM   #1  
Ready!!!

Default monday,daily chat, april 14/03

Morning chicks, starting us up, on my first cuppa, it is now 5:40 am and soon time to go out of the door. Busy weekend with the family. DDIL should have our new grandbaby this week??? We were told it was a boy, but only God knows that.
Good news this weekend, return of the pow's, sad news Dr. Atkins.
Well that is all for now, time to stroke my kitty, Lucy. She is dancing in front of me.
How are you Tammy ?
Be good,
Love Tazcat
Old 04-14-2003, 05:47 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good and glorious Monday is cranking up. We are supposed to have another two days of great sunny weather and then some April showers. I hope it gets done before the weekend as it is not only Easter but also the Maple Syrup Festival! I am doing two shifts on the grills which will guarantee that I don't eat pancakes as hours of the smell turns me off.

I raked yesterday! No big deal, you say? 'Tis so! I couldn't do that last year because of my buggered up shoulder and wrists. I got part of the dog yard cleaned of pine needles and cones. (There was bit of poop but I pretended it was pine cones!) It felt so good to be able to work out there in the sunshine. I'll try to do some more today after the vet visit.

It's sort of green and navy in the East so sunrise is happening. It's a wee bit chilly for coffee on the deck but I may try it in my coat. I really needed Spring badly this year. (Yes, we still have snow here and there but Mother Nature has come through!)

Have a super Monday!
Old 04-14-2003, 06:31 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Boy you guys are up early!
Happy Monday and enjoy the sunshine! I became a full fledged Aunt this weekend. my twin brother and his wife had a beautiful baby girl! Good size baby for a first, and good for her( although I am way jealous) it was easy and quick. So a big welcome to the word to Samantha!

Jiff, *sniff* I am so proud and warm in my heart for you. WAY TO GO GIRL!!!
Peach? When is it your turn?
Ok, gotta run, Kids and gym, bank, laundry and getting ready for 25 for dinner on Wednesday for Passover.
Be well,
-L
Old 04-14-2003, 06:43 AM   #4  

Good morning everyone. I have today off work but it will be a busy one anyway. I am taking my Mom to a locker to shop for meat, so much better meat from there. Then I will finally sit down and get my taxes done!! We are supposed to set some records in the weather today, temps in the high 80's. I will also get my usual housework done. I hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 04-14-2003, 07:24 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

How can i fit 3 days worth of running and cleaning in 1 day?? any ideas???

well i am here and running so see ya all later I hope!!
Old 04-14-2003, 08:19 AM   #6  

Still thawing out on this end to Ruth! Gorgeous weekend and I'm looking forward to more great days to come

L, congrats on being an auntie My SIL is due Sept. 10 and we're hoping for a girlie too since she laready has a son.

Sue--I have one word--MAID. That's how you get a house clean in one day!

I'm off to take M to preschool soon and when I get back it's back to my front yard. I raked a large portion of it and filled 3 garden bags worth or needles. Also edged out my front bed and the one along the side of the house. The snow needs to recede some more to finish the job on the front bed.

My mom and her BF came yesterday and helped us clear out a bunch of junk from our garage and haulit to the dump. Most of the stuff was left here by the previous owners. Have a lot more space to move in our garage now and that's always a good thing. Had a lovely pork roast and garden salad for dinner.

I have been very good at being OP these days, I am getting alot of positive reinforcement from everyone saying how they have noticed me losing weight. Feels great that someone would notice at least

Have a great day to anyone I missed!
Old 04-14-2003, 09:59 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Thumbs down Good Morning Ladies

Another beautiful day......its already 50 out there and its not even 10 oclock yet!!

Yesterday, hubby and I put up the yellow bows along the avenue trees. It looks really nice, but I didnt make enough. So I have to get busy making more before ppl start to complain they didnt get a bow infront of there place!!! We got alot of positive comments about them, and one group actually stopped us and wanted to know what the bows were for. We were a little surprised that they didnt know. They seemed pleased with the thought after we explained it to them.

I didnt get to the park yesterday to try out the rollerblades, but its on the agenda for tonight after supper. We ended up babysitting the grandkids yesterday and we didnt have time to get to the park. Hubby and I took a drive out to one of the subburbs of Buffalo to find a poster hanger!! Can you believe it? I knew exactly what I was looking for, and he knew the place I might be able to find it. I did!!! and Im thrilled! Then we got back, and did our grocery shopping, headed home, and I went out for my walk. When I got back, I learned that we were babysitting earlier than expected.

Also got the easter arrangements all figured out finally. My parents and brother and his fiance are coming here for supper on Saturday, along with hubby's kids and grandkids. Should be a houseful!! Then Sunday, we go to his son's (I dont know why she wants to cook when the same ppl are going to be there, except my family) on sunday.

I have a very busy week ahead of me, its nice maybe I'll actually get to sleep at night!!

I hope everyone has a great day
Robin
Old 04-14-2003, 10:02 AM   #8  
Big Loser

Good morning ladies!! Sounds like everyone had a lovely weekend!!!

Not much news here - should be working but have no motivation!!! Talk to you all later!!

Way to go Jif on the XL!!!!
Old 04-14-2003, 01:26 PM   #9  
Hang In There

me too, no motivation...but at least I checked in.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:25 PM   #10  

OMG!!! I took a HUGE step today and bravely entered a store and bought some new clothes! I am down to a size 18 pant and drum roll please******an XL in a shirt!!!!! Holy canoly Batman! I was so dumbfounded and thrilled, I was crying in the changeroom when I saw my new pants on me. I bought a new blouse too and wore the whole ensemble over to dh's work just to show him and he is just thrilled with the "new" me! You know, the last time I fit into a size 18 pant was when I was 5 months pg with M!

Doing the happy today!!
Old 04-14-2003, 05:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Wow, Pooky, that's terrific! Congrats to you! And, dh's expression says it all, huh?

Hope you're all having a wonderful day, this one is shot but it's almost over now, thank goodness! Gotta find dinner and try to get some laundry done. Talk to you later.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:56 PM   #12  
Senior Chicky

Angry Evening All !

This will be a quicky but wanted to stop in and let ya'll know that I'm still alive and kicking!

I'm still have some posting and puter problems, so hope this will take. It took me several times to post on Wishings thread. DS has still not come over to look at the puter but promises for tomorrow night.

The ol' bod is heeling slowly. My tummy should actually be a bit flatter but the swelling is going down slowly. Slight complication occurred - though the drainage tubes were removed I'm still retaining fluid in my abdoman (I drink tooooo much water says the plastic surgeon-lol) and a fluid pocket formed and is draining. So far they've not done the needle thing and extracted any-since it's draining it's just being monitored and I'm back on antibiotics.
My attitude and eating is going well and I'm steadily loosing weight. Hopefully another 20 will be gone by the end of May and then just the efforts to maintain this new "body"! lol

Glad to see so many new faces! And always wonderful to see my chickie buds here!

If I'm unable to get back on tomorrow I'll get back soon as DS fixes the puter!

Love to all ~ I've missed you!!

J

Last edited by MamaJ; 04-14-2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:04 PM   #13  

Well I did it. I joined Curves today, and started there low carb diet. Got the book and all. It is much like Atkins, a 2 week phase one and then phase two for as long as it takes to loose the weight. It seems livable so I'm going to give it a try. I'll also be going to do there workout at least 3 days a week. Who knows, it might be what I need.

I needed to do something after last week. I just ate and ate and ate all weekend. I have also been in a depressed state. It sucks. I'm hoping that when I get back on track and get some good workouts in, I can get myself out of a slump. It's been hard on my kids as well as me. I'm always grumpy!

Thanks for listening to me rant!

Bella23
Old 04-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #14  
Old Cackler

rant??? bella... that was NOTHING!!! come on girl, you can rant louder!!! and longer!!!

and little miss pooky... you go girl!!!! we can swap clothes now!!!! yippeeee yahoooo!!!!

welcom back, janice... i've missed you, and i'm glad you're doing better. at least it sounds as if you're doing better. or are you just not telling QUITE the truth????

and wow, everyone is busy doing the spring cleaning/passover cleaning/ cooking thing!!! why oh why can't we get away from food??????

oh i have more good news. and it's all peachie's fault. she's been telling me that i could go into a rag shop or michaels or ac moore and pick up those 3-4 buck t shirts. and she said that they would fit. the first time she told me that, I LAUGHED!!!!!!

but after the coat thing, and after realizing that the sweatshirt i'd bought at one of those crafts stores actually DID fit, i stopped at one of those stores tonight and bought two t shirts!!!! and they're just fine!!!! i'm loving this cheaper clothes in regular sizes thing!!!

and thank you all for your support and wisdom during this time...

now, was there anything else i needed to tell you ladies? hmmm. work is yucky, but we knew that.

love you all...