Old 03-01-2003, 10:42 PM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Taking back the control

Well, after a not very successful February, its time to take the control back and get my eating to where is was a month ago.

I would love to know how some of you ladies get your mind set back to eating op.

I know for me its emotional, as well as stress. I need to get over it, and get on with it. I will be seeing the ex in 2 weeks, and a dear old friend Ive known for 34 yrs (since kindergarden) that same week. I dont want to feel "insignificant" when I see either of them......when I fail at something as simple as eating properly, I dont feel confident. Nothing worse than not feeling confident when seeing the ex!!!

So Ladies I need your help.......what do you do to get back on track and stay there?

Robin
Old 03-01-2003, 11:38 PM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Robin, for me there's really no magic bullet.... sometimes it's been easy to focus and stay OP.... other times it's so hard that if there were something in the house (like sourdough pretzel nuggets) there'd be NO stopping me - in general, tho, when that "feeling" hits me, I try to deal with it not even one day or one hour or one meal at a time, but one second and one minute at a time, 'cause that's the best I can do. I try to focus on NOT having whatever it might be JUST FOR NOW, this very minute. If I can get thru this minute, I then try to get thru the next. And sometimes (when I am very lucky) before I know it, an hour has passed, and then a whole morning or afternoon or evening and then a day...... I wish I had something better to offer, maybe some of the smarter chickies here have good advice...... What I CAN offer. tho, is support - that you've got!
Old 03-02-2003, 08:36 PM   #3  

Robin...

I know the stress and your emotions are getting the better of you but don't let that bother you. You are doing wonderful and try not to let the stress get to you. I know its easy for me to say but I do know what you are about to go through. Robin you are not insignificant in any way and don't ever think that you are. Everyone has a bump in the road they have to face and I personally know you can do it gf

Enjoy your time away with Jeannie, say hi to Theresa and worry about the diet thing when you get back. Have fun and be safe. If you need a friend im just a phone call away.

Love u
Jo
Old 03-02-2003, 09:28 PM   #4  

Robin, I usually acknowledge what I am feeling and let myself "feel" whatever stress or worry or whatever emotion I am having and if after I do that and relax for 1/2 an hour and I am still in a pickle, then I usually make some tea and settle down doing my favourite things, either painting, reading, Scrabble, what have you. usually by the time my tea is done, I hav defeated the carb monster. In some extreme cases, I have actually left the house and drove around!

I hope my suggestions help you and just so you know, if I had to face all those people, I would wanna eat too so don't feel bad, you're human!