Old 02-25-2003, 06:11 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Cluck - Tuesday, February 25

Awake early again because I seem to be developing a cold. It will be the first in years - usually I just cut right to the chase and get bronchitis or pneumonia! Today will be a Vitamin C and tons of water day!

Yes, we are still snowed in! Jerry the Plough Lad needs to get some parts for his truck so we are SOL for him to dig us out. Harry is going to phone another "lad" because I need to get out of the house for sure today and get to the library. If I'm going to have a cold, I need books. Kevin is coming this morning to do the sauna shelves but who knows! I doubt if he wants to lug his huge saw through the snow.

I chatted with LindaBC for a while last night just to get a breath of spring. I also cheated on dried cranberries, pecans and white chocolate chips melted together in the micro! Shades of that yummy crunch recipe of hers. Lord know what my blood sugar will be this morning although I did throw most of it out! Harry and I are hoping to visit Linda when we go out west in April to visit MEW and her family.

Well, I hear a whine from downstairs so had better get the day started. Hershey is still zzzzzing on the quilt but Lucy is raring to go out to play in the snow!

Catch you chickies later.
Old 02-25-2003, 06:31 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Good morning Ruth and all those to come later!!!

Been awake since 5am, finally gave up and got up - did the treadmill and have had a shower. Caught up on most of the posts, just got on the scale nad only down .2. I guess that is better than up. Had too rich of a weekend i guess. I also did not exercise much last week I was giving my bone spur a rest...it did not help so I am back at it Iwill just ignore the pain in my heel...

Hope everyone has a spectacular day!!!!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:52 AM   #3  

Talking Morning

I am up so early today that I can post anywhere and everywhere!

Nice to see all my "old" friends over here on the LC board...and I mean that in the most loving of ways!

Have a great day everyone!

Ruth take care of yourself...nice chatting with you this morning.

Way to go on the treadmill scooby! I should have gotten on the treadmill tooo.......

Bye for now

Eliz
Old 02-25-2003, 08:44 AM   #4  

Good morning all!
Ruth, get plenty of rest!
Scooby, you are motivated! My bowflex is doubling as a clothes rack this morning!
Hi Eliz!

Well, we're back down to 40 degrees today. Everyone will be getting sick again after 2 days of 70 degrees. Taking my youngest son (4) back to the doctor this afternoon. He just can't shake this bug that's going around. There are so many sick kids in my area that there is a special "cold clinic" 2x a week now.
Happy to say that even with all the cheating I did yesterday, I'm still down 1/2 a pound. Go figure. I'll call this my donut diet. hehe.
Have a great day everyone! Stay healthy.
Annette
Old 02-25-2003, 09:00 AM   #5  

Today is a less stress day for me, going to take my wee one to the drop in this moring to get her energy burnt off, then home to do more laundry.
Eating is going well, I am eating less quantity of food, and not stuffing my face like I used to and that's always a good sign. I am still at 203, I think I have hit a stall and I can't get out! Grrrrr....

Take good care of yourself all the sickies, (((HUGS))) to Barb, and *&$#ing snow! to Ruth!
Old 02-25-2003, 09:25 AM   #6  

Good Mroning all!

Well for brekkie this morning I forgoed (not a word?? ) the eggs and ate some of the RICH LC dessert I made yesterday! My tummy is not liking the switch I,m afraid!

I am soooo cold this morning--I'm gonna have to go stoke the old fire and get some heat moving around this place! It is a breezy 9 degrees out there--my fingers won't even work very well in here!

AT LEAST THE KIDS ARE IN SCHOOL!!!!!
can you tell I'm glad??

Well, girls--I gotta go warm Up--this is ridiculous!!

mis
Old 02-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning All,

The boss woman is leaving early today and she will not be here tomorrow YAHOOOOOOOO!!!! If I could I'd do cartwheels down the hall, yes, even with my dress on ROFL !! Isn't that a pretty visual I just gave you all

I just put in my oder for JCPenny's BIG BOOK catalog, I love that store, they got the prettiest things. Some stuff is pricy but if you look you can get fantastic deals there. Last summer I bought a heart bed spread for $29.00, so I was a very very happy camper.

Guess I better look like I'm working - Don't worry, I'll only have to do this until she leaves, then its surf the net time WAHHOIE !!!!

TTYL, Love, Leenie
Old 02-25-2003, 09:52 AM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Older boy dod a great job in the tallent show! Some really bad music too, but all in all a mother's dream!

Off to the craft room to do a little scrapbooking and then to the dentist. I will have to exercise later today, maybe durring oprah, it makes the time go faster!

Good day to all the chicks and nice to see youtoo old friend Liz
-L
Old 02-25-2003, 09:58 AM   #9  

Good Tuesday Morning,

Life is cold here! 5F when I went to the Y at 5:20 this morning, and when I left it was -1F. Brrrrrrr. I have really enjoyed the winter, but I am beginning to crave some warmer weather.

I broke another barrier this week, I am out of the 190's and weighing in at 189! It certainly motivates me to see the numbers go down.

We had a pretty uneventful weekend, I spent most of it making a frontier outfit for Don. He has been researching Kit Carson for a school project and needs a frontier costume to wear when he gives his report. I am not a seasoned seamstress, but I can do a thing or two with a needle and thread (and a sewing machine).

op wishes for all!
Old 02-25-2003, 10:01 AM   #10  
CatGal

Thumbs down Hey Everyone, I am back!

Not that I was gone all that long... But this week has been STRESS CITY! I have a light day today (knock wood) and hope to get much accomplished. You know you are too busy at work when you don't even have time to surf the net!

I am not so sure how well I am doing with the eating this week. I still have been too busy for fitday and my walking 5x kind of went down the drain as well... If I walk tonight I will have gotten in 3x before WI tomorrow. I think I will get on that treadmill.

My big news is that DH and I bought new cars! We both got the Subaru Outback Sport. He got Silver and I got Green. I have an outback sport now, but I need to switch over to an automatic after injuring my right arm, along with burning out many clutches! We pick them up on Friday, if the snow isn't too bad!

Ruth, take care of yourself today...
Nettie - WTG on that 1/2 pound gone...
Leens - I wish my boss would go away... Permanently!

Everyone else... Have a great op day!
GinaMarie
Old 02-25-2003, 10:04 AM   #11  
Ready!!!

Morning chicks, it is 10;51 am, -2, light snow and I took a day off as I wanted to.
Lucy [my cat] and I had a nice sleep in. We are fed and watered, used the litter box, read some threads, and will soon do the fly lady thing.and some tredmill.[love that]
I must tell you all that I have not been on LC for awhile and I don't know how to get back??? Remember I was going to try to go WW points and LC! Well I went all carbs no points and no LC. But I stayed the same weight I havn't gained any or lost any in 3 weeks.
Well back on program [wheeeeen] tomorrow. Tomorrow night is weigh in.

Well chicks:

The door to happiness
opens outward.

-Kierkegaard

Tazcat
Old 02-25-2003, 10:37 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Ladies

Jenny, congrats on your breakthru!!!

Dyan, the catalogue is coming slow, Ive been scanning pictures into the pc, and trying to come up with incredibly interesting descriptions

I managed to stay OP ALL day yesterday!!! WOOOHOOOO!! Drank lots of water, and was up many many times thru the night to get rid of it Today feels good, and I dont forsee any problems today either

I hope everyone has a great day
Robin
Old 02-25-2003, 10:52 AM   #13  

"Hello. Welcome to stress-eaters anonymus. My name is Dyan and I am a stress eater. "

DH and I were fighting for the last 2 days and I was outta control. He had yesterday off and drank a case of beer and proceeded to pass out on the couch about 6:30pm to sleep it off. (He doesn't drink that much usually, it takes him a week to go thru a 6 pack, but about once a year or so..) Anyway I was on the other couch with a bad case of PMS - cramps, backache, every imaginable PMSy thing. I decided to order a pizza and then ate 1/2 of it. That's right. 1/2 of a large pepperoni and pineapple pizza. What was I thinking?? DH was shocked when he woke up and noticed 1/2 a pizza gone. He was all sweet and lovable again this morning, all better for another year or so I guess.

Unfortunately that doesn't make those pizza carbs go away. GRRR! I'm going at lunch to look for a backup dress incase I get all bloated and can't wear the size 11/12 to the wedding this weekend. Okay, vent over.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:56 AM   #14  
CatGal

Oh Dyan... It will be OK... Get back on track and water, water, water!
Old 02-25-2003, 11:39 AM   #15  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Gina,
congrats. i too am looking, just looking at a new car. I have Durango and i just don't love it. I bought it because it was the only SUV at the time that had the 3rd seat. Anyway that new VOLVO SUV is calling my name really loudly...lol. I will have to sell mine first so i can keep the finacing down. Anyone interested?
-L