Old 02-05-2003, 04:33 PM   #1  
CatGal

Unhappy Uh Oh! Chinese Lunch!

Um, Okay. Here's a challenge. Next week I am having Chinese Lunch with my department at work. What the heck do I order?! I seriously don't want to blow this over some dumb Chinese food!

Any suggestions? Egg Foo Young without that delicious gravy??? Steamed Chicken and Shrimp with Veggies (I could put butter on it! )? Hmnnnnn!
G
Old 02-05-2003, 04:38 PM   #2  

Here's what I eat when DH and I go for Chinese.

Hot and sour soup - no noodles.
Chicken and snow peas, no rice.
Old 02-05-2003, 05:24 PM   #3  
Senior Chicky

Angry Yummmmm!

Gina, does the Chinese restaurant offer a buffet? When we go out for Chinese I find it easier to head for the buffet - IF YOU HAVE WILL POWER !

Just a few choices our local restaurant offers -

egg drop soup
steamed shrimp // crab legs // fish
various steamed veggies - some with & some w/o sauces
moo goo gai pan - I try to pick out the chicken & veggies-no sauce
b-b-q chicken wings

I must find enough as it's hard to walk out of there without feeling full. I know that there is probably msg & lots of sodium involved in these dishes. Please remember to drink lots and lots of water to help with the water retention for the next day or two.

Good luck! Let us know how you do!

J

PS - I think Ruth has become an expert at Chinese restaurants! Maybe she'll have some good ideas!
Old 02-06-2003, 09:55 AM   #4  

Are you going to a restaurant - and is it a buffet or will you order directly? If you are ordering your own dish you can have whatever you want (except rice or noodles) as long as you ask them to make it

-without sugar (most sauces contain 6 tablespoons of sugar)
-without msg
-without cornstarch

that should cover you and quite frankly I find the sauces taste better without those things. Don't bother to tell them to cut down on the fat either! Have a great time and yes you can have hot and sour soup or egg drop to start.