Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 08:11 AM   #1  
SAHM of 3

Unhappy New fat chick here, need friends to become skinny chick

Okay, I'm new here. I just stumbled up on this website. I don't know where to begin.
I weigh right over 200 lbs. I've done Atkins and had great success but don't like it because I can't stick to it. I am a stay at home mom of three. I homeschool. I don't have the money, time or the sitters to be going to a gym or weight watcher meetings. I love to cook and own ALOT of low fat cook books. I am picky so this hurts plus I have a husband that tries to gain weight. However, he did just find out that he should follow a low fat, low sugar diet, due to cholesterol. 4 months ago, my cholesterol was borderline high, did I add I'm only 26. High cholesterol does NOT run in my family.
Look, here's how it is. I can cook healthily, but at times that starts to fall through, I can say I'll exercise, but I don't always have the time.
I just need others like me that we can talk to ANYTIME we need. I need advice, motivation. You name it, I need everything everyone else here needs.
Someone contact me and let me know how this works. Can I be saved??
Old 03-27-2004, 11:40 AM   #2  
Ready for ACTION!!!

Smile

Welcome,

I just joined myself and feel alot like you. I know giving up any food group sabatoges my efforts...I always want what I can't have! I had my greatest success when I ate anything I wanted in smaller portions. I am just having trouble these days knowing when to quit.

I'd be happy to work with you at achieving our goals. I have about 70 pounds to lose...I weigh around 220 now and I am 5'4"...NOT GOOD!!

I have done this before and I know I can do it again. SO CAN YOU!!

Feel free to email me or PM me anytime!!
Old 03-27-2004, 01:03 PM   #3  
SAHM of 3

Thumbs up Hi buddy !!

Hi bigtimeloser,
I'm so glad you replied to my post. I'll share alittle more info with you. I'm a stay at home mother of 3. I homeschool my daughter. I've lost and gained, lost and gained. I've done the Atkins thing, and I lost, but I can't stick to it. I'm a sugaraholic.
I don't have much time during the day to exercise. I love to cook and own a library of healthy cook books, but it costs money and right now my family has been really tight. I'm just trying to make it day by day.
My husband is thin and usually tries to gain weight. He did just find out that he should be on a low fat, low sugar diet, his cholesterol was only a few points high, he's never watched what he ate before and I don't see him changing now.
I found out about 4 months ago that my cholesterol was borderline high. This does not run in my family. I am only 26 years old. You would think that would open my eyes and it did for a little while, but I can't stay motivated. Let's stay in touch on a daily basis if at all possible. I'm on the net almost all day, so I can do this.
Thanks

First Goal:
down 5 by Easter
Old 03-27-2004, 04:04 PM   #4  
Ready for ACTION!!!

I am on alot too, maybe too much!! I have instant messengers and all that jazz, so let me know how you want to stay in touch. Here is fine, but sometimes when you need a friend PRONTO the IM is great too!

I am sure we can help each other.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:24 PM   #5  
SAHM of 3

Talking Hi Buddy

I sent you a private message with my email address and screen name. Let me know if you received it. I just followed directions.
I forgot to mention, my sister has 7 kids and one on the way. She is 30 the oldest will be 11 in May. So that large family thing isn't new to me. I'm sure you get that alot, she does.
I agree with you, I'd like to be able to im each other. It's easier and quicker. I've already done so much better today just from meeting you and having a buddy to report to. I feel like I don't want to let you down. I feel like if I report my daily status to you that keeps me from wanting to report anything bad.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #6  

Default I can RELATE, not easy!!!

Hello.. Girls!!!!

I can relate .. Losing Weight is not easy! Im as well 5'5 and 230lbs. married with 3 children... I just started WW and how i can help is let you know what kinds of things you cant eat and at the same time lose weight... Seems you can eat anything you want but in portions... I have list of fast food menus that give the points are can eat...and other information...its pretty awsome....seems Im always eating on WW...We can exchange email addresses, if you'd like.....I need the support of others to keep me positive that i can also meet my goal of losing weight... thanks girls....Hope to ehar from you soon......

Karen...........
Old 03-28-2004, 12:35 PM   #7  

Hi Crystal.....

Thanks for getting back to me.. I will email for sure and exchange thoughts and ideas. Sounds great!! I tried IMing you this morning on AOL.. but you must not of known who I was....Its Okay!!! maybe next time....

I'm here at work and this is where i find it most difficult not too snack on vending machine junk!!! but i have my bottles of water and WW meal with me....I keep myself busy by looking up on the internet more information.. the more I know the better off Ill be.... Well keep in touch and talkto you soon......
Old 03-29-2004, 07:35 AM   #8  
SAHM of 3

Smile Good Morning

Well Good Morning Karen. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, I tried, but we started having some stormy weather and my service was out all night.

I did get your im yesterday and you're right I didn't know who it was, try that again. I want so badly to have someone close at hand to chat with. Do you stay home? Are you off and on the net most of the day?

Well, I did okay yesterday, not great by any means. But better than my norm. Today is Monday, I'm one of those folks that thinks I have to start on Monday, any other day seems wierd or off.

I'd like us to discuss our goals with each other, long term and shor term. If we feel like we must check in with each other EVERY day, we may feel alittle more encouraged to not stray. Let me know what you think.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 03-30-2004, 11:26 AM   #9  

Hi i just wanted to say that i also know how you feel, im a stay at home mom of 2 and im also 26. Isnt it funny how easy it is to gain the weight and how hard it is to lose it!
If you need any extra support id be happy to help!
Take care!
Markay1024
sw198
cw 196
gw145
Old 03-30-2004, 02:07 PM   #10  
SAHM of 3

Smile Markay1024

Hi there, glad to read your reply. I always want the extra support and hopefully am willing to give it. I added you to my instant messanger so the next time you're signed on, I'll know. If I'm on I'll im you and we can chat. Sound good?
Closed Thread