Old 07-29-2002, 06:04 PM   #1  
It's MY Life

Default Exercise Thread == Week of July 29th

Okay here we go with another week of good exercise habits! I just started an exercise challenge on another board for newbies using "The Firm" workout videos, so......my goal this week is to do the Firm workouts MWF and do the Walk Away 3 Miles T TH S. Tall order for a short out of shape woman, but I am going to give it my best shot. I DID get in the Cardio Sculpt tape today (or most of it) WOW--if you live through it, it should work.

Anybody else with exercise goals this week or updates on exercise progress??

Have a good week!
Old 07-29-2002, 08:12 PM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

with starting to work tomorow I will have a tight schedule but I tent o go every day!! I went today and did a great workout!1 upperbody and 10 min of cardio. I guess I will have to trim down the time I do it as I will have to work at 7 AM and the gym does not open till 5:30 si I will have to be up and ready by then!!
so off to bed early. (I also have to make a few scrub tops! HHMM wonder if my sewing machine is working? A little to late to wonder isn't it?/
Old 07-29-2002, 09:12 PM   #3  
It's MY Life

Sue, my money is on you!! If Rumplestiltskin can spin straw into gold than I know you will get those scrubs ready on that sewing machine for tomorrow. I'll help you keep going as you go back to work if you can help me when school starts, that is when I seem to lose focus and fall apart. How about being partners in crime here????
Old 07-29-2002, 11:32 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

If I can shake this headache, I will be on the treadmill tomorrow. I have a really nice Total Gym that I haven't used yet. I got a piece of carpet to go under it so it won't be so crappy to lean on cold concrete, and then I need to set up the TV so I can follow along with the video. My goal is to have that booger set up by the end of the week.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:53 PM   #5  
workin' my way back down

Well, I was a slug today and didn't use the treadmill. As for tomorrow: Jennifer, I will if you will!
Old 07-30-2002, 07:06 AM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

Sams grandma!! I was out there this morning!! you can to! Jennifer Take care of that headache then hit that gym!!

(scrumbs did not even make it but I have a day or 2 before I need them)

Yes Annie I will be behind you if you keep on me this will be a difficult transaction for me but a much needed one. I am determined to do it. I layed awak all night afraid iwould not wake up so whe the alarm finaly went off I was too tired to get up!! but up I did and off to the gym for 30 min of intensive exercise!! YEA!!! i have me OP meal ready and off I go
Old 07-30-2002, 08:49 AM   #7  
It's MY Life

Good for you Sue!! Way to go!! Good luck with your first day on the job!
Old 07-30-2002, 02:43 PM   #8  
Hang In There

Default My exercise goal for the week is...

to be able to lift my right leg off the bed three inches without help!!!

Basically I have a group of six exercises I do in the bed twice a day and another group of about 6 that I do sitting in a chair 3 times a day. I plan to dig out my Oxycise Easy Does IT tape to do at the time I do the bed exercises.

The doc say's it will be about 3 weeks before I can start back my regular exercise program, and about a month before I can get into the pool again.

But he also said the fact that I'd been doing so much exercising and was in such good shape was the reason I was able to come home on the third day post op!!
Old 07-30-2002, 04:30 PM   #9  
It's MY Life

Barb, glad the doctor was smart enough to acknowledge your hard work-and that it paid off in being able to come home early from the hospital. Good luck with your therapy exercises-they will be quite a challenge I bet.

I did get in my 3 Mile Walk Away Tape today even though I was sore from doing the Firm CardioSculpt yesterday. Now I am feeling muscles in my legs I had totally forgotten that were there! Tomorrow is my 2nd CardioSculpt day--keep your fingers crossed!!!
Old 07-31-2002, 06:45 PM   #10  
It's MY Life

Well, I woke up feeling pretty yucky today--kind of fluey and it really did hang around most of the day. So instead of doing the Cardiosculpt I made myself at least do the 2 Mile Walk Away tape. It wasn't as much as I wanted to do, but considering how I felt it was the best I could do. Hoping for more tomorrow!
Old 08-02-2002, 01:00 PM   #11  
It's MY Life

Hi guys, didn't get my exercise in yesterday--I was just flat out too busy darn it! But, today I made up for it! I did The Firm lower body workout and then did the 2 Mile Walk Away tape. I was a wringing wet glistening beauty when I got done. Hope these things start paying off!!
Old 08-02-2002, 01:59 PM   #12  
Hang In There

Annie: What is Cardiosculpt? That sounds interesting? I did get out my Oxycise tapes out and have done a workout in the bed every day this week. I know it helps. My therapy exercises are going really well. I feel like I will be able to start getting out when I go to the doctor and get my staples taken out next week.

Can't wait to be able to get back to the pool. I really miss that.

Hope everyone else is doing good in the exercise department!!! It's as important as what you eat!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 07:57 PM   #13  
It's MY Life

Ahhh Barb, I think you are going to have wait on Cardiosculpt til you leg is better. It is a weightlifting program with different level boxes used. It puts a lot of stress on knees I think, of course I am a TOTAL rookie at it right now. I am so glad that you are doing so well and doing the Oxysize tapes too. You are just doing great and you will be before you know it!!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 09:26 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

I do not know how I missed this one the last few days!!

I have been to the gym everymorning for about 45 min before each morning for work. 10 min of cardio then weight lifting. pushing very hard!!
Old 08-03-2002, 09:50 AM   #15  
It's MY Life

Good job on your workouts Sue!!! That is just super!