Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking G2009 - We Can't be Stoppin' Gotta Keep Hoppin' Challenge

~Goals 2009 Challenge #3 ~

We Can't Be Stoppin' Gotta Keep Hoppin'

Alright people! Its time for challenge number 3 to get started. This challenge will run Tuesday 3-17 through Sunday 4/12

Go ahead and post your current weights and goal weights as well as any other goals you want to focus on for the next 3 and a half weeks or so.

Be sure to PM Eny all weigh ins. I will wait and let Eny announce if she wants us to weigh in on Sundays (since the challenge ends on a Sunday) or if she wants us to weigh in on Tuesdays (since the challenge starts on Tuesdays)!

Good Luck !

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 03-17-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #2  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Mel!

I'm here!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #3  

Yayyy Shari! Go ahead and post your weight loss/ NSV / etc. goals if you like! Wonder where everyone else is?

Well I'm off to post the first mini challenge!
Old 03-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #4  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

Go ahead and post your current weights and goal weights as well as any other goals you want to focus on for the next 3 and a half weeks or so.

current weight 190
goal weight 178

stay OP for at least one full week
complete c25k for three straight weeks and be in the middle of week 5
begin doing the firm or 30DS at least 3 x a week
stay focused on my goals
Old 03-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #5  

Wink Mini-Challenge #1

Mini-Challenge #1

Compromise Challenge

Hey everyone! to the first mini-challenge of the "We Can't be Stoppin' Gotta Keep Hoppin" Challenge. As stated in the title, this will be a compromise challenge. WHAT??? A Compromise challenge....what in the world is that? Well, I'm glad you asked! Why don't you just pop a squat and I will tell you

The other day I asked you all a question. I wanted to know on average how many hours of television you watched per day. Many of you admittedly answered that you consume hours per day of television time. I asked myself the other day (yes I talk to myself ALOT ) I wondered why is it that we can devote so much time to sittin' on our tookus watching television or on the computer when what we want is to be smaller and healthier....then it hit me....why can't we have BOTH!!!! The answer is WE CAN!

Here is how we are gonna do it....I'm challenging EVERYONE here to a compromise. You can watch your television if you will exercise WHILE watching t.v. for at least 15 minutes. You can do crunches, squats, lunges, curls, work back, work shoulders, do push ups, jumping jacks, jog in place, or any combination of ANY activity you can think of....Jog through the house like a MAD person during the commercials Hopefully these extra 15 minutes of exercise per day will add up by the end of the month to some WEIGHT LOSS!!!

Rules and Info for this mini-challenge

***Any exercise or activity counts. I can be strength or cardio or both. Just try to progressively increase the intensity of your work out.

***Working out at the GYM while watching television DOES NOT count. This must be extra activity where you would have normally been sitting on the rump....the idea is to burn extra calories per day where you wouldn't have been.

***DO NOT skip regularly scheduled or planned workouts because you have built up a few days of working out for 15 minutes during t.v. time. Again, this is extra calories burned that we want to add up to extra pounds lost at the end of the challenge

***Track your progress in your signature. There are 27 days in the challenge and this mini-challenge will run the full length of the 27 days. So, you can put something like ~15 minutes of exercise while watching t.v. 0/27 days and then just update it!

***For each week that you don't miss a day you get a sticker!!!

Have fun and kick some butt

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 03-17-2009 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #6  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

good eveinign all i am here. weight wise i would like to loss a pound a week. as far as other goals i am not sure yet so those i wll get back to you on.

sw-180
gw-177
Old 03-17-2009, 08:51 PM   #7  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

SW: 208
Goal: 205

I've been doing the couch to 5K, but I'm stuck on week 4. Haven't been able to quite do 20 steady minutes of jogging. I'm a terribly slow jogger, too, so it isn't 2 miles. But I'm going to keep working at it, and by the end of the challenge, it's my goal to be at or above that level.

i don't watch much TV. I don't have cable and haven't for awhile. I mostly rent things or check them out of the library and spend an afternoon or an evening watching once a week or so. But I can still add in exercise on the days that I do that. I often knit while doing that (busy hands keeps me from snacking), so I could just as easily lift hand weights or something like that.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone,

I have not been participating in any weight loss challenges for awhile but feel ready to attempt to lose weight again.

My starting weight is 174
My goal weight is 170 for this challenge.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

HEY GIRLS!!! Sorry I didn't post the challenge this morning. Tuesdays are my day to spend scrapbooking at my moms, and when I got home I spent an hour puking. YUCK!

Anyhow - the week's will end on SUNDAYS so all weights are due to me by SUNDAY 11:59pm.

Mel of course has a killer first mini-challenge that we can all work on. I'll keep logging in the new weights/goals for this challenge until tomorrow night. Anyone that doesn't post or PM me then I will use the last weigh in from St. Patrick's Challenge.

Good Luck to all - and keep HOPPING!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post

Anyhow - the week's will end on SUNDAYS so all weights are due to me by SUNDAY 11:59pm.
Oh thank goodness! Sunday weigh-ins will keep me honest over the weekend! That's where I've been having the most trouble.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Well im not gonna make a very big goal weight. Seems like I never make them so Im gonna go low. 5 pds. Thats it. If I cant do that then somethings wrong.

CW:192
GW:187

I dont really watch much tv either, ill just have to figure out something else for most days.
I chopped my hair off today and got my eyebrows done. I guess that was part of my pampering. I havent gotten to my nails yet.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
I dont really watch much tv either, ill just have to figure out something else for most days.

For the few who say they don't watch television...it seems like maybe the computer/internet is your drug of choice rather than the television.....although it would be quite difficult to exercise while e-mailing someone or reading/writing a post....you could also create a compromise ...

15 minutes of some kind of exercise before you can turn the computer on and do anything

Everyone can do 15 minutes!!!! Short and Sweet!
Old 03-17-2009, 11:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I am ready for a new challenge. Things have settled down with the kids and the warmer weather is pretty motivating. I ran two miles outside today. I would love to get back into running again. It is such a mental boost as well as using up lots of calories. Actually jogging is a better description. I "run" really slowly. I also did an hour of weight training in the body sculpting class at the Y.

I am thinking about the Compromise challenge. I do watch TV almost every evening, but I usually exercise from 1 to 2 hours before watching. I can't see doing another 15 minutes at that point. However, I am thinking I should not eat or drink (besides water) instead. I am only hesitating because I like to eat supper while watching TV. I know that is terrible but the whole family eats in front of the TV. We are bad. On the other hand, it would obviously be a step in the right direction. How about only healthy food? I will have to sleep on it.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:58 PM   #14  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! I just got done walking/jogging a little over 3 miles. I had the dogs with me for some of it then dropped them off & continued on. I'm waiting for my husband to get off the phone so I can ask him about taking a vacation. The family is attempting AGAIN to get a group together for a Mexico trip. We've been trying to plan since last summer and it never works out. Maybe this May will finally be our chance! If it is I need to get to work! I tried on my swim suits; sizes 14, 16, & 18. All fit, some just look a little better than others Hence my walk. It's nice that my neighborhood is built up & down hill so I get that little extra workout in my bottom. I felt it by the 6th lap around.

Since I don't know my real weight I'll just keep track from the 200 that I weighed this morning. My goal for this challenge is 10 pounds. I figure rather I weigh 250 or 200, 10 pounds is still 10 pounds! I'm reaching for the stars on this one... but I want to go to Mexico!!! Heather - I never make my goals either. That's why I figure I can say anything for my goal & it won't matter

Alright my husband just got off the phone.. time to beg
Old 03-18-2009, 12:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I am glad for this challenge!

SW: 175
GW: 170

170 will put me 2 pounds under my mini weight challenge. I am gonna work hard to achieve this goal. Then 160ville!! Catch ya all later Pat

ps: I just love stickers

Last edited by Dixiemae; 03-18-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Closed Thread