Old 04-27-2002, 06:08 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - April 27 & 28

Another clear but cool day coming up. The good thing is that the daffodils have lasted and the tulips are just starting. It's also easier to work outdoors when it's like this - just above freezing this a.m.

We are doing Church Yard clean-up this a.m. (By the way, the 1500 daffies we planted are nearly all up and in bloom. I'll be sure to take pictures.) I am going to supervise cleanup and do some clipping as raking and lugging is out of the question. I did goof a bit yesterday and lifted Lucy into the car - just a tad sore today. She will jump up onto the kitchen table but balks at the car jump. Today she is going to learn that - with bribes!

I've got coffee to organize and some muffins to bake so am outta here.

Have a great first day of the weekend.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:29 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Good morning Ruth and all those to follow!

Another dreary looking Saturday....we have such beautiful days during the week and for the last three weekends it has been crappy outside. Our yard needs mowing desperately and of course if there is a cloud in the sky DH has an excuse.

Gotta do some cleanup around here this am, my BIL and girlfriend are coming over this afternoon......also have to get ready for my trip can't wait, I need the break from my lovely family!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Saturday!!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 09:14 AM   #3  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Default Morning everyone!

Drippy morning. Storms later. Nice day for staying in w/a good book!

BUT since MIL is here, we'll be braving the weather to get our hair done in Cedar Rapids this p.m.! Meeting DD for a late lunch. Baking cookies for "finals" boxes (I can't believe DS has almost survived his first year at college -- even more incredible -- so have I!) and getting ready to take a trip west to go to church w/and visit DS tomorrow.

Good enough!

Lost a little over 2# last week. That felt MAHVELOUS! But sure is harder to stay focussed when there's all this fun and food around -- I'm doing ok, so far -- not perfect, but good enough. (Thanks, Lord!) But I'm definitely going to try to minimize my loving gazes at the home-baked cookies until they are safely out of the house!

Love you guys!

Have a great one. It's a gift!
Old 04-27-2002, 12:04 PM   #4  

Morning Ladies!

I am trying desperately to get out of the house and to my parents so my family and I can go to the beach, but it's been the worst morning I've had in months. TOM is done, but I cried like a baby for about 30 minutes. Sometimes it gets very overwhelming being a SAHM with a dh who is always MIA. There's just no outlet for me or for the kids. And, my mother is never willing to say, "here, let me help you".....it's just very frustrating.

Sorry -- just venting because I'm sad today.

Take care ladies. Have a great weekend. See you Monday!
Old 04-27-2002, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Big hugs for all you sad chickies!

It does get better, even though it doesn't seem like it right now!

I'm having a wonderful (read hot, sweaty, and STINKY!!) day. It's been in the 90's for weeks now, and I of course have chosen this time to start working in my neglected yard. So today I have gone shopping for dd, got a dress and some new undies (hey, even little girls need pretty undies!!) and some MORE flowers. Ugh!! Now, after these get planted I am done buying them. My friend at work is going to let me dig up some azaleas and lantana, and some gardenia that she desperately wants moved to my yard. She means well, but is working me to DEATH!

Hey, does yard work and sweat and getting your heart rate up count as exercise? If so, I'll never need to work out again! I have muscles I forgot I had!

Ya'll have a great day, I'm off to cook some lunch (o/p of course) and get dd off to grandma's! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2002, 01:11 PM   #6  

morning! Working evenings this weekend and then off for 2 weeks for rest relaxation and my gallbladder out! Surgery May 1st....I know Ruth ....hurray hurray spring -------- starts today!

I lost 4.6 lbs my first week back to ww...so I was laughing all the way home from the scales....

Way to go on your weight down sooner, it does give you a lift doesn't it!?

Sorry you are sad jenni.... I have many days like that over the last couple weeks and it is a very lonely feeling.

Well I am off to shop...dd 10 gets her treat for working independently on a huge project and producing great quaility work...plus I am feeling a bit guilty about working through the whole thing

Have a great weekend all! Liz
Old 04-27-2002, 07:27 PM   #7  

Well, the morning here was wonderful. Until I got on the scale. I had to force myself to do it. I just felt so bloated and huge! Well, no surprise, I've gained 4 pounds. I can't deny it any longer. I just can't handle staying at home. Yes, I'm working part-time as a substitute teacher. Yes, I'm selling Avon. It's not enough. Even with all the spring cleaning and yard work I get bored and reach for carbs (the cholatelyier, sweeter, richer, worser for me the better). I tried to take control today. Light breakfast and medium lunch. No dinner yet. Really not hungry. Will eat some tuna fish and a salad later.

Spent the morning with my mom and neice. The boys and I met them in Salem (about an hour from home). We went shopping at The Christmas Tree Shop (love that store!) and then had lunch at the 99 (local restaurant chain). Afterwards, my mom went to the grocery store while I took the kids to the local K-Mart for some summer items (shorts, sandals, etc.). After we got home, I took the boys and my youngest son's friend to the park (got in a 30 minute walk).

Sorry. Guess I'm rambling. Trying to relieve the guilt of the 4 pound gain and move on to a more positive attitude. I.e., I'm POSITIVE I will get this weight off; I'm POSITIVE I can make a POSITIVE change in my lifestyle/health; I'm POSITIVE I will meet all my goals.

Hope you all are having great weekends.

Old 04-28-2002, 07:16 AM   #8  
Big Loser

Default Happy Sunday

Good morning to all!

Jo, I hope some of your POSITIVE rubs off on me. I ate everything in sight yesterday, I do not know what my problem is. I go to the Y four mornings a week and exercise only to eat, eat, eat all the time. Makes no sense!

Up early so we can go to early church, I need to come home and make some easy meals for DH to whip up while i am gone this week, spaghetti est. If I don't my poor kids will have McDonalds and Pizza everynight!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day, talk to you all when I get back next week!
Old 04-28-2002, 11:22 AM   #9  
Old Cackler

Default well i was certainly shocked!!!

ok. you ladies know of my struggle. and a couple of days ago, i figured that maybe the reason i wasn't losing weight as fast as i wanted was because i was only doing the 45 minutes of exercise in the morning, and not going for a walk.

so, the past couple of days, i've been walking, and getting farther than i did before the really cold weather set in. but i had no idea!!! i figured i had been walking a total of 1/4 mile, but i wanted to be sure.

so, i got in the car, and clocked it. nope. it wasn't 1/4 mile. IT WAS 1/2 MILE!!!!!! and of course, i had to stop and rest a few times, but i wasn't gasping for air, or wheezing, or so exhausted i collapsed on the bed.

in fact, after yesterday's walk, mom and i went to peachie's oldest boy's little league game.

*******WARNING!!!!!! DOTING AUNTIE BRAGGING HERE******

he hit a lovely double!!! and it brought a couple of runs in as well!!! he also played in the outfield, but then a few innings as the catcher., i was really impressed with his throwing arm. he always reached the pitcher, something not all the boys can do, apparently.

but the boys on both teams were adorable, and i found myself cheering for both sides. it's so cute when one side hits a decent shot, and then the fielders actually make a play, rather than falling over and rolling in the dirt!!!

well, that's about it for here... an interview tomorrow. and errands., and on and on and on and on...

and jdoneil... don't beat yourself up. it really is hard to stay home. i haven't worked since last august [disability and then my company went bankrupt so now i'm unemployed], and it's hard.

soemtimes i've resorted to packing my food for the day in a container and putting it in the refrig, just to keep myself on track.

good luck!!!
Old 04-28-2002, 09:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Hello everyone!

Spent a wonderful day hunched over the sewing table, making curtains and valances for a friend. She is paying me, though, so it's not toooooooo disagreeable! Just got home from dd's grandma's, she is wiped out. She plays hard, poor thing. I'm off to get her to bed. Everyone have a great Moan-day and I'll talk to you tomorrow!