Old 03-02-2002, 07:04 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Saturday, March 2nd

Hi Kids,

Nothing new, just getting some coffee and taking care of the bambino. She's got such a bad cold she's on a ventalator.........poor kid.

Have a wonderful day.

Love Leens
Old 03-02-2002, 08:26 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Awwwww ... poor wee Gracie. It is so hard to see little ones sick. Hope she recovers soon and that you are OK, Leens.

Sunny and cold - again - this is getting boring! Bad when you even bore yourself! I am going to be out side more today. I have to fix the fence in the lane because there is a Lucy-sized hole in it and a fierce German Shepherd on the other side. I love dogs but this beast is definitely a candidate for the Big Sleep - a nasty dog. Once the frost is out of the ground, we will fence in a play area for my girls which will keep them safe. We will still do the meadow romp and the Fair Ground runs but this will be handy on rotten days and lazy days. I am planning a sitting area out there as it will be large - 40' by 60'. It sure is nice to have nearly unlimited space.

Today I have to write the letter withdrawing from the Habitat Project. I have had some suggestions from friends but have decided not to use them although here is one I love:
Dear So-and-so,
I volunteered to help a bit,
not run the whole danged show.
Go find yourself another dupe.
Now off to play I go!

Why is it that February is such a downer month? It's short, the days are getting longer, there is Valentine's Day, most of the winter is over. Anyhow it has always seemed like a bummer month to me and reading back it seems like we all had sort of the same feeling. Good thing we have each other! Amazing how real internet friends can be.

Anyhow, am off to town to get some more dog food, maybe a new toy or two for my furry babies and some red peppers and other exotics for DH who is on cooking duty tonight. He is making a salt cod dish from Provence, I think. Cod, peppers, potatoes, olives and anchovies - remind me not to weigh tomorrow or the salt will freak me out. Oh well, at least he cooks.

By the way, if we want to post pictures, remember that we do have the Yahoo club still, the Extra Coop, and can post pics in there. If you did not join that Club, PM or email me and I'll send an invite. Maybe posting some pics will give us a lift.
*************.com/group/lowcarbchicks/

Marching into March!
Old 03-02-2002, 09:44 AM   #3  
Big Loser

Default Happy Saturday

Hi Leens & Ruthie....

Sorry the babe is sick Leens, that is sure no fun.

Ruth, good for you saying NO and thinking of yourself(for a change)

Not much new here, was at the mall at 0530 this morning. There was a special sale at Profitts(big department store for those that don't have it.) You had to have a ticket and the proceeds beneiftted the school system. Got some GREAT Bargains. It was funnnnn, shopping always is even at 6 in the morning. DH is working on the bathrooms, hope to get at least one done today! It is pouring rain so no work outside.

Once we get these bathrooms finished I think we are going to try and sell this monstrositity that we are living in.....it is a money pit.

Have a great day ladies!!!!
Old 03-02-2002, 11:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking The weekend is finally here!

I slept sinfully late today (9:00 is just like saying noon when you have a 4 year old ) and now I finally hauled my cookies to the computer. Good morning, dear friends. March is here and dreaded February is a thing of the past (until next year!) so I have resolved to have a good attitude the whole month. Hmmm, wonder if I can do it??

Leens, I'm sorry to hear about Gracie, a ventilator? How awful and I hope she feels better soon.

Ruth, I'm with you on the unlimited space thing. Wish I had more here. Have I ever mentioned I live next to a goat farm? We need waaaaaaaaay more space between us!!

Everyone do something fun today, ok??
Old 03-02-2002, 12:13 PM   #5  

Ruth - thanks for the Corgi note (he arrives in about 5 hrs., he's "en transit" right now...he's coming in from out of town, and will be pretty whipped by the time of his arrival.

Good luck on your "venture" - you know best.

Have a good wk. end everyone!

Sandy :sheep:
Old 03-02-2002, 01:41 PM   #6  

Just a quick in and out for me today--gotta launder all my bed sheets and it's taking forever to do! Sick and tired of the white stuff on the ground--only 19 more days till spring and I'm so ready for it!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 03-02-2002, 04:21 PM   #7  

Oh Leenie! Poor Gracie...and poor Mommy too! It's so difficult when children are too small to tell us where it hurts!

We're having a major snowstorm here! I think we've had at least seven inches and it's still coming down. We ventured to the city because, God forbid, we were out of PIZZA!! Did I ever tell you that DH's CB radio handle was Pizzaman!

While there are no solutions to the problems with my son and his wife, thanks to some input from my wonderful friends here, I can put it aside. I won't be dealing with her nasty letters anymore. They have been warned that my DH will deal with that! And, yes, as I told Ruth, he can be scarey! T

The door at our house will always be open to my son and his children, but she best leave me alone! (Actually, I don't blame her for hating me. She is ten years younger than me and she looks old enough to be my mother. I've had more husbands than she has had dates!) It gets confusing because I married a man ten years younger than me and my son married a woman ten years old then him! My DH and my daughter-in-law are the same age!

Have a good weekend everyone and God bless!
Old 03-02-2002, 06:58 PM   #8  

Hi Chickies!

Oh Saturday, wonderful Saturday! I am LOVING this garage sale thing! Today's find is a Rowenta iron for $5! Needed a little cleaning, and now it works good as new! Wow!

Only ate 3 of those yummy little peanut butter eggs, every thing else is op. Not doing well on water and certainly not getting any exercise!

Hope you all having a great weekend! I hope Gracie feels better, Leens!
Old 03-02-2002, 10:44 PM   #9  

Talking Hello

Hello Ladies and thank you for the wonderful invite to join your daily thread!!

Well today has been really hectic as usual. I am a Foster Parent in Burlington Ontario and I deal with difficult teenagers and at the present time they have me out of my comfort zone so to speak .. they placed a nine year old girl with me I normally have kids between 13 - 18 so having a nine year old in the house has made me have to adjust a few of the ways I deal with things around here

Lets see .. so ya want to get to know me eh .. be careful what you wish for ladies lol I'm married, no kids of my own due to PCO's and DH lack of strong swimmers. At present I weigh about 245 give or take a few pounds. I want to adopt a new healthy lifestyle with low carb diet and exercise. Humm exercise thats an interesting concept kinda makes my head spin Presently I have six cats, two dogs and my grandchildren consist of two dwarf hamsters that my foster monster daughter has What more could I ask for in life .. weeeee!!!

I have always had a high stress profession but before becoming a foster parent, I could at least have days off and weekends with my hubby. I use to be a Correctional Officer .. and I thought being a foster parent would give me more time for me .. ya right Thats ok cuz I love it!!!

I too can not wait for the spring .. I am a newbie gardener and love to dig in the garden .. this spring I am going to try to make my own stepping stones .. I also have made two quilt tops .. just cant seem to get the quilting part going .. I had never sewen anything until I took a quilt class and I must say I LOVED IT!!!

Well I don't want to tell you my whole life story in one post so for now I will say TTFN!!

So happy to have found you all