Old 02-28-2002, 08:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Daily Cluck, Thursday, February 28

Gorgeous again! But yesterday started out that way but we had snow squalls off and on all day. Not going to go above freezing for the next 5 days! Yick! I am turning into a weather whiner!

Chatted with the Habitat guy who did my job last project and have decided NOT to manage this project. Luckily it is not fully underway and there is lots of time to fill my spot. I heard too many tales of getting phone calls at 7 p.m. asking for 9 volunteers for 8 a.m. the next morning and a furnace arriving on a truck with no place to put it yet! If I had no other responsibilities, that would be fine but my husband is in failing health and I don't need the extra stress. So need to write a diplomatic letter today. I actually feel quite relieved over this decision and not too guilty. I am sure I will be doing lots of other stuff for the project - like kidnapping Pooky to plan the decorating.

This afternoon I go to my Doc for my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I am sure it will take until fall to get the operation but sure am starting to need it. It was diagnosed in 1991 and I've been putting up with it since but now it is affecting my piano and writing AND keying in here! I am also going to talk to him again about Meridia.

Jennifer brought up the Spring challenge - tomorrow is March 1 and I am afraid I have gained since Feb 14. Lordy, Lordy! There is now way I can mess around with pure low carb one day, WW the next and CALP the next. I've been sort of changing "plans to fit what I feel like eating! And there have been extras!

Sorry this is so long and whining - am gonna boot my butt this morning as soon as I have my chower - and walk down for the paper with The Lump aka Hershey. Lucy is still too little for that long a walk but I will take her to the main road today - she freaks at cars and needs the experience. She may just pass out if the schoolbus goes by.

Good one to you all.
Old 02-28-2002, 08:39 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ruth and all those to come!

A precious day off for me to catch up on much needed laundry. Was called in last night at 10:30 to work on Friday. I could have worked today but I have no daycare for Miree this afternoon. Gotta do what ya gotta do I guess.

Ruth, I am not going to be kidnapped, what will all the kids at daycare do without me?

Jennifer, it's nice to see you join our spring challenge! I must admit I have been remisce about posting another week, life got in the way! LOL I promise I will put a weigh in thread on Monday!

Have a good one everyone!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:23 AM   #3  

Morning Ladies,

I have been MIA for a couple days. I stayed home with the boys on Monday for a day off from school, teacher planning or something like that. Tuesday I stayed home with Don because he was sick with a cough and a reoccurance of his rash. Have I ever mentioned how much I like staying home with sick children. I do hate for them to get sick, but, we stayed on the couch most of the day and cuddled in a blankie and watched movies and ate chicken noodle soup. And outside we had snow coming down and about 18 inches of the stuff! It was a beautiful day watching the snow come down, it was all sticking to the trees, as we sat huddled in front of the tv with a fire in the fireplace. Perfect!
Don returned to school yesterday.

I am anxious for spring, but this snow is just so beautiful. The warmer temps allow the kids to play outside a lot and it is not bitter cold in the mornings when I am off to work, I think this has been about the best winter in a long time.

Ruthie, If Lucifer is around a bit more than Lucy, I know of someone who would gladly rid you of that little problem I have a little boy that just loves to exercise puppies until they drop from exhaustion!

Pooky, the daycare called you at 10:30 at night, I would put a stop to that right away! That is an hour and a half past my bedtime!

Sooner/Chickadee, "PASSIONLESS" I think you need to post that in some mental health journal. What a perfect description of my feelings lately.

Jiff, Insurance companies, yuck! We have more than our fair share of problems with them. I could write a book.

Cathy, Disciple Now sounds like a great program for young people, bless you for taking on such a big role.

hi to Sherrie, peach, liz, leens, jennifer x2, mamaj, kel, adoannie, sue, tippy, and all my friends here!

enjoy the day!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:26 AM   #4  

Default Good-bye February!

Another day to spend with the neurotic kitty named Tippy! He IS getting better I think. Maybe the vet smell is wearig off of Brat. The Brat is getting better although he gets so sad when DH and I pry his mouth open and make him take the medicine!
I didn't work on the woodwork yesterday! I sewed! It was to nice to escape to the chaos of my sewing room for awhile.
Today is a bit of housework and either sewing or scraping woodwork. Dinner is in the crockpot. It is a nice big beef roast. It's called planned leftovers!
Ruth, I was thinking of you and all the projects you have. I know your wrist bothers you and also H gives you worries. I am glad you've cut down some so you have time to contemplate your navel or whatever!
Take care everyone and God bless!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:51 AM   #5  

Hi all! Well I'm not sure what kind of day today will be...I know that yesterday I was pretty bummed out by the end of the day and my hubby was just shaking his head....feeling lonely and bored and have lots I could be doing...so have to get to the bottom of that one....have to get back on program too...can't understand why I am sabatoging myself...as it is with all of you, some days are up and some days are down....I'm gonna try to smile through it though...

Tippy glad to hear you had a day to do what you wanted to do yesterday...your house must be starting to smell great already with a roast in the pot

DonDar what a great mommy!

Pooky glad to hear that the work thing is coming together.

Ruth you do have alot on your plate and I commend you for saying no...not always easy...

Good morning to a those to come..later gaters! Liz
Old 02-28-2002, 09:58 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning Ladies,
Just a quick stop in. I have to go to the tile store and find some specialty tiles for the sink bath splash. The wall is not plumb and the gap is too big to chauck. So more money out the door! I also think I will stop in at Wally mart to get some new tooth brush heads for the kids. I have no idea how kids go through toothbrushes so fast. I swear I bought a ton of them not to long ago. Oh well the price of healthy teeth I suppose. The tile man is here laying the floors and it looks like we might be done before we go on vacation. I think it helped to tell the contractor no more money till it is done. Amazing how hard they work when you hold that over their heads.

Ok I am off, have a great day, kiss the kids, cats and dogs and take a moment for your selves.
Be well,
-L
PS Cathy I remember this weekend last year. I think it took you a while to recoup… Have a great time you are awesome!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default hey gang!

Well thanks L, but I laughed when I read your P.S. about me being "awesome" I am not feeling awesome today. I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get everything together! And yes it always takes me a while to recoup from everything because I am just way too highly strung! why am I like that anyway? Life is too short to be uptight!

But Dondar is right - it is a great program for teenagers and the Lord always does a work like only He can!

And then on Monday morning I get to cleaning my house as only I can!

I am running to Sam's during lunch to pick up the food for the weekend. Another family that is unable to have teens in their house for the weekend provided the money for all the food and that is an awesome blessing for us.

Yall all be good and take care and hopefully I will see yall back in here on Monday or so and be back on track with my little self!

hugs, cathy
Old 02-28-2002, 11:24 AM   #8  

Hi Everyone! Sorry I wasn't here yesterday it seems that the day just got away from me and before I knew it I was going to bed!

Cathy, I have to tell you this: my church retreats when I was in high school were the absolute only reason I turned out a decent and moral person. I had a "mother" mentor and she was awesome. If it wasn't for her and the church programs, I think I was destined for a not so great life! It's women like you who make a huge difference in a young kids life -- and you may not even know it. I'm sure you'll have a great time with all those girls! Good luck!

I think "passionless" describes it for me too. I think a vacation is in order. Dh goes to school on March 25th for 7 weeks and I'm thinking that my girlfriends and I should take our kids to Disneyland. After all, isn't it the "Happiest Place On Earth"? Maybe it'll give me a big cheer up!

Trying to stay OP. Doing ok, but not perfect -- licking bowels, taking nibbles, not drinking nearly enough water (got at least 64 oz, but no where near the 150 I usually get) and I've been so LAZY about the treadmill. Although, I did order a aquatard thingy (swimsuit) and we are going to start goign to the pool during the week and on saturdays. DD#1 seems to be a water baby (is it the aquarius in her) and DD#2 keeps telling me she wants to "get wet in the pool", so we'll see how that goes.

Jiff, I feel your blues with the insurance/doctors/hospitals. I had back surgery last year and am still working it out. There seems to be a recurring bill (outrageously priced) for an MRI. It seems to be neverending!

All this talk of renovations and redecorating sure makes that hunger for our own home immense. Maybe after the next move........we'll see. (Sigh.)

OK. I've rambled. Sorry.

I hope you all have a great day! I will see you later! Keep smiling!
Old 02-28-2002, 12:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default hahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaha

jenni - i just can't resist - if you are licking "bowels" then you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off program! hahahahahaha what a typo!

I am laughing out loud! Thanks for the laugh!

And thanks most of all for the words of encouragement and the reminder about what's really important for me this weekend - making a difference!!!!!!

Let's Roll ......... (thanks Jennifer)

Cathy
Old 02-28-2002, 12:55 PM   #10  

OMG! I am SO embarr'***'ed --- no pun intended!!! I totally did not catch that ---

ROFL!!!! It should definitely read BOWLS !!!!

Old 02-28-2002, 01:17 PM   #11  

Default Good Morning!

Jenny I love sick days with my kids too. Yours sounds just lovely. I have always told them (even my big, manly 16 yo son) that snuggle time is good medicine. What they don't know is that it's good medicine for me too!

Ruth Good for you on just saying no. I am working on taking on less responsibility too because I tend to get way to involved in too many projects. I'm trying to concentrate on doing fewer things better, if that makes any sense.

Jenniwookie Um, sorry, but I won't be able to make dinner at your house tonight after all! Maybe some other time - after all the bowels are licked clean perhaps?

Sweet Peaches Tomorrow is the first broadcast of a preseason game. I will be sitting at my computer, listening to the radio, watching it snow and dreaming of Tucson. Apparantly, I must be a good multi-tasker, huh? Are your fellas starting this week too? Ah, baseball. Things are looking up!

Sooner How ya doing? As I said yesterday, your post gave me lots of pondering material. Do you suppose I could take the lights off yet? They're starting to chafe! If it's not time yet, I am planning on changing the bulbs to black and purple in honor of my Rockies.

Now, here's where I need older chick input. Yesterday I was at the library when all of a sudden, I started running a fever. Then, after a few flush-faced minutes, it was gone. On the way home, bear in mind it was about 20 degrees, I had the window in my car open. Does this sound like hot flashes? Is this what I have to look forward to? There are times when I wish one of my many brothers was a sister!

Chickadee, who's OP today even if it kills her
Old 02-28-2002, 01:30 PM   #12  

Default Thanks, I needed that!

I almost fell out of my chair laughing! That typo beat any of mine or Ruths by a mile!
Old 02-28-2002, 03:08 PM   #13  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

ROTFLMAO

OMG!! STILL LAUGHING!!!

That sure should make you lose your appeitite!! LOL I have eaten many a strage thing but that is enough!!! I keep imangining my dog licking him self and try to imangine me doing that!! Way too funny!!!! Great typo!!!
Old 02-28-2002, 03:37 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default A Classic!

WOW! Jenniewookie is not right up there with the folks who said
"cockpot" "Senior's Dis****" and "Ford Fuccus". And then there was Zoo's typo of getting on the scare instead of scale. Harry wants to know why I am roaring with laughter.

Good one, Jenniewookie! Join the Club!
Old 02-28-2002, 04:32 PM   #15  

You guys are naughty! Liz