Old 02-28-2002, 06:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking I needed that laugh!

Alas, I know the pain of saying what you didn't mean to say. I do it all the time!

I hate to say this but I'm feeling very passionate today. I cried all day for no reason. I only want to sleep, only I can't sleep at all. I might have PMS, but usually I get real bit**y when that rolls around. I swear there is absolutely NO WAY I could be pregnant. Is it depression? I've only felt this way since Monday when the boss had his @ss on his shoulders all day.

Stress eating is killing me. I feel like crap, so I eat. The more I eat, the crappier I feel. Maybe my hormones are out of whack due to not being OP?

I'm so confused. Feel free to boot me in the butt whenever you want to. This is getting redundant!
Old 02-28-2002, 07:32 PM   #17  

Ah Sherrie, I wish I had words for you to make everything all better, but I don't. You do sound kind of depressed to me, with the crying, being tired and not able to sleep. I'm pretty much there myself right now, hormonally challenged and just not my usual sunny self. I think it would help to spend some time and energy on something that's special, just for you. I made myself get OP today, because I've been way off program for the last four days, eating crap and feeling sorry for myself. Even though I'm still in a funk, I feel better knowing my eating's under control. At least there's one thing I'm in control over.

No boots in the butt for you, only hugs!
{{{{Sherrie}}}}

Chickadee
Old 02-28-2002, 09:20 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs down Thank you Chickadee!

I have decided to indulge in my pity party until tomorrow night, unless I magically come out of it on my own. Then I'm going to do something fabulous for myself (only I don't know what just yet!!) and get on with my life. Maybe a visit to the Dr. is in order. Mental health is just as important as physical health. I hate me like this. . . But I love me almost all the time when I'm not hormonal!

Have I mentioned lately what a great group of ladies we have here? I love you guys!
Old 02-28-2002, 09:29 PM   #19  

Hey!

This is an excerpt from a book that I finished reading a while ago and really liked. "The Lost Legends of New Jersey" (no kidding) by Fredrick Reiken

I LOVED this part!

It was a cloudy summer day, and when they'd stepped under the shadow of the trees, his father said, "Son, there is a word for what I feel. It is tenebrium, dark and gloomy, from the Latin word tenebrae, which is darkness." He said this spookily and held Michael's hand as they walked.

"Life will have woods and it will always have tenebrium," said his father. "You will get lost unless you understand that you CAN get lost, you see?"

They kept on walking through the trees. "You have to cross," his father said, his homiletic voice leading them through a thicker sectionof the brush. Michael could never understand his father. But he kept on nodding and pushing through the forest. Then they stepped into a smalll clearing, where a circle of green grass took up the space between the trees. "And this is it," his father said. "You look for clearings. This is what life is all about. And when they come you stay inside as long as possible. You look for openings and clearings, in your life."

I wish you all clearings.
peach
Old 02-28-2002, 10:02 PM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! Thank you, Peachie! I wish us all clearings too.

There seems to be a malaise in the air of our Coop - everyone seems to be having troubles of one kind or another. February is always a terrible month. Thank God it will be gone tomorrow.

Sleep well, Chickies - tomorrow is a brand new day!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:06 PM   #21  
Livin' La Vida Loca

Evening chicks...

I'm popping in for a quick hello before bed.

INTERESTING DAY today on this board -- I think we pretty much ran the gamut of emotions.

I know it's kind of selfish of me -- but I do appreciate all you passionless ones piping up to join my funky mood. Misery loves company! Not that so much, really, more like it's convinced me that we've all got a dose of cabin fever -- and gives me hope that a few days in bermudas (or thongs, Peach...whatever!), sandals, and a nice, refreshing glass of Long Island tea (or 5) will most certainly cure us.

You know, Chickadee, I never cease to be amazed at you! You love to write and are hilariously funny (like me!), you drive an SUV (ditto), Republican (yeah -- mostly), like to do something exciting to celebrate your birthdays (I went snow skiing for the first time for my 40th -- thank God we don't have a camcorder -- and have been thinking of sky diving or ballooning for my 50th -- just between us, lately I'm leaning toward the balloon ), red hair, have stayed about the same weight since Thanksgiving (for real!) and now this! I don't know, girlfriend...except for that Christmas light thing (that you are so mistaken about -- but such a minor thing in light of this bigger picture)...it's just so weird to imagine another ME out there! Can you post a picture? I posted one long time ago -- on a thread Kel started I think -- I would love to see that thing brought back up...just so we could add some of the faces that have appeared since then. Of course, it's a crime how much better looking I am now than I was then!

Ruth -- shame on you and you our moderator and all! (thanks for the first laugh out loud I'd had all day!)

Sherrie -- just a quick word to say that eating crazy makes me crazy(er). It took me a long time to figure out that the worst moods (and sleepless nights) I had were always related to bingeing. I'm not saying that's what's going on w/you -- but for me -- I always wait until my food gets cleaned up before I try to figure out what's really going on...and 9 times out of 10...when my food clears up, my head does too.

Well, I'd love to write you all individually -- you are a great group and I appreciate each and every one of you. I hope you all have (or are having) a nice evening and get some good sleep tonight.

Night!
Sooner

Hey, Peach -- I was writing while you were posting. Thanks for that piece -- I think you and the others on these boards are one of the clearings...