Old 01-30-2002, 06:32 AM   #1  
Big Loser

Default Wednesday/January 30

WOW January is over already.....

Morning all. Just caught up on yesterdays posts...

Pooky-way to go!! I joined the Y right after Christmas and I love it. I go 4 mornings a week at 6am and there is no one in there but me it is great. My kids go swimming and DS will be playing soccer in May. You will feel better to!!!!

Have a great day girls i must go jump in the shower as work awaits!!!!

Old 01-30-2002, 06:35 AM   #2  
Big Loser

Pooky-I forgot to mention that after I had my son, I started exercising again like crazy and before you knew it little DD came along............could be a coincidence but I think it helped!!!!
Old 01-30-2002, 07:09 AM   #3  

Morning Ladies,

Pooky, Scooby is right, the same thing happended to me. Started working out, lost weight, gained weight (baby weight), and ta da! Darren entered the world. I have a membership at the Y and I love it.

Peachie/Jif glad to hear all went well, my continued to prayers for success and healing.

Quiet on the homefront today, hope everyone has a great op day.

Last edited by DonDar; 01-30-2002 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:16 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yaaaaaay! Another good reason NOT to exercise!
Back later. Need to do doggie things.
Old 01-30-2002, 07:28 AM   #5  

I am with you, Ruth...sitting still is good for your mental health!

Peachie Keen, you are a great sis! Tell Jiff we are all asking for her, and will send lots of cute baby doctors for her entertainment.

I have a dentist who is about 14.

The worst part of the week is over, and the rest is just quiet work and hanging out. I am back to trying to plan a vacation for late Feb, or possibly 2 shorter trips to Florida, because I can't find a long stretch that I can get away from work. So find that THONG and do a few sit-ups!

see ya's later
dottie
Old 01-30-2002, 08:58 AM   #6  

Thanks for the support guys, I certainly hope it is true! I signed up this morning and after I finish doing a few things around here I'm off to my first lesson. I'm excited/nervous about the whole thing and I really want to make this work. I gained 3 pounds this week, mainly because I've been on a bagel binge and not drinking my water! I know, I am definitely going to put my best foot forward today and I hope that by joining this gym I will be able to get my life back on track!

Dh was very supportive yesterday even in the face of what could potentially be bad news. Word has it there are lay-offs coming and dh is a natural worrier (I call him Chicken Little!). I told him if it ever got that bad (which I think it won't) then I would go to Korea with Miree and teach. Don't worry, just because I'm somewhere else doesn't mean I won't come and be a part of the regular cluck! Aaah...the beauty of the internet!

Have a great day everyone!

Jiff and Peach I'm still thinking of ya--great news all around!
Old 01-30-2002, 09:01 AM   #7  

Default ummmmmmm.....Pooky......

I think that is when the "little guy" came along for me too!!! What a SURPRISE HE WAS!!!!!! (in more ways than one) I think I will sit and rest for a while now!

Jenny! I think that your guy serving you popcorn was one of the sweetest things I have ever heard!!! Hug that kid for me!

Spoke with the nurses station this morning and Jiff had a good night. Spoke with Jiff a little while ago and she says everyone says she is doing GREAT! Apparently a bunch of VERY YOUNG interns came in and poked a prodded and then her surgeon came in. She told him that the "children just left!" Good to see her amusing herself! I knew things were going to be ok with her while she was in post op because I said something to her, and she gave me the finger....WHAT A GAL!

Boy did I miss seeing my boys off to school yesterday...I really enjoyed them this morning...such little things I take for granted!

Off to do a bit of crawling (not flying) and then after the big kid goes back to school after lunch I'll pick mom up and go see Jiff.

I'll keep an eye out for the thong...I should do the sisterly thing and get Jiff one...don't ya think????!!! A thong and a boa...she's gonna look sooooo purrrrrty!

gonna hit the scale...really!!!!

peach
Old 01-30-2002, 09:06 AM   #8  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning!

So glad to hear everything went well with Jiff. Peach, don't forget the pasties to go along with the thong and boa.

Have a great day!
Jennifer
Old 01-30-2002, 09:07 AM   #9  

And sequinned corset! Flaming red of course!
Old 01-30-2002, 10:20 AM   #10  

Thongs............ I've landed in a group of rebels.

Sometimes my swimsuit looks like a thong, but it aint.

Pooky, good for you joining the gym. The first step is the hardest. We have a very small one here but I do better at home. If I could go early, early morning then I would consider it. The nicer gyms are in the next town and since I live in the country every thing becomes an extra trip to town.

I didn't exercise this morning, but I was up at 4:30 and cleaned like crazy until time to leave for work. I work better under pressure. I could have really done some good if I had the day off. Funny how some mornings you just feel like cleaning. And trust me mine are getting far and few between.

Hope you guys have a good day.
Old 01-30-2002, 10:32 AM   #11  

Good Morning Chicks!

Glad to hear all is well with Jiff! That is VERY good news!

I am desperately trying to get a million things done before Saturday. I'm going to Alaska for a week to help my girlfriend with her new baby (which still hasn't come) and there is always so much to take care of before I leave dh home with two little ones! He's a great dad, but sometimes not the best mess cleaner! LOL!!

On top of this I am entertaining the idea of working full-time (at home) and then going to school in the fall after we get settled in Newport! I have wanted to go to culinary school since I was 18 and didn't -- someone talked me out of it -- and I finally see an really good opportunity. It's just selling it all to dh and seeing how dd#2 would handle a daycare enviroment. Dd#1 will start kindergarten ---- so we'll see.........

I have been on the treadmill everyday since last wednesday -- I am pretty proud. Still drinking an average of 150 ounces of water a day but I am still having a coffee problem. It's SO HARD!!!!

I hope you all above and those to come have a super great day!
Old 01-30-2002, 12:02 PM   #12  
JHP

S/C/G: 351.5/201/136

Height: 5'2"

Jenni - I want to go to culinary school too. I don't necessarily want to make it a career, but I'd love to learn to cook well. Good luck selling it to DH!

Jennifer
Old 01-30-2002, 02:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default good muggy afternoon!

hey there! had a busy morning and didn't eat some breakfast until 10:30. Finally quit answering the phone and left and walked for 30 minutes during lunch.

My first 2 days on atkins have gone well - I am amazed at how "not hungry" I am. Feeling a little shakey but I'm sure that is just because my system is in major shock and wondering what in the world is going on and where are those carbs???

Hope everybody is being good!

hugs, cathy
Old 01-30-2002, 03:43 PM   #14  

Hi all..
I know I've missed morning, sorry! But I am trying to post daily, so even if I'm late, just count me tardy, not absent!
Passed on the french toast with pork rinds today! And went for ham and cheese rolls while watching "Personal Story" on TLC...my 25 minutes of quiet time!! Did anyone see that? The lady that had such a huge surgery to remove weight, hoping that it would give her insentive to lose more?? Poor thing..looked SOO painful!
Didn't get to walk yesterday and feel like a bum. Not sure when I will get to today.
I'm trying so hard to keep a positive outlook, but I need help...my 11 year old DD is having loads of problems at school. I saw both her teachers Friday and now need to see the school counslor. Apparently it is impossible for her to concentrate, and she is failing alot of tests. It isn't really effecting her actually grade yet, but getting close. I took her in for testing a few months ago to find out about ADD and was told I was too hard on her and to give her a break. Gee, thanks! Now I'm told I don't work with her enough at home. She gets home at 4:25, has snack, starts homework, then has to do multiplacation flash cards, write spelling words 3x, eat dinner, have homework looked at by dad, do flash cards with me for 15 min. Then surprise, surprise, its bed time! This week she started a required tutouring afterschool and won't even get home until 5:40...exactly when should I be spending more time with this child?? I keep insisting that there is an actually learning difficulty and we need to find out what it is...apparently, a mom is too dumb to know!! UUUUGGGGHHHH!
Take care ladies...
Old 01-30-2002, 11:06 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

McMom I to have kids with that problem (notice i said kids atleast 3 of 4 have it, try low carb on them too!! here is a link if i can get it to work I have more info for low carb and add/adhd that makis it suprisingly a big change. try to notice how absent minded she is after dinner of pizza or macaroni??? remembering a thread on add in my PP forum we were talking about an omega 3 deficit that the kids suffered and was not easlily repalced. omega 3 is essential in brain fucntion. so ler me see where that info is ans see if i can find it. there is a supplemnt that i have hear talked about for this which is called coremega. so let me look into this further. OK?

http://borntoexplore.org/

http://www.difficultchild.com/

not much else. glad that jiff is giving the finger. i had a good laugh at that one. I have a thong but i call it butt floss. and it does not come out of the drawer it is too uncomfortable. I bought it for fun and it is not fun that far up!!!

Last edited by nasus40; 01-30-2002 at 11:11 PM.