Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #31  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I"m not thrilled with the pair I have now, but I think that's mostly because I'm shaped so funny now that my waist dictates having pants that are a size too big in the legs. I've never seen any that looked particularly bad on anyone.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #32  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Nay. I have big quads and hams and capris make my legs look like upside down pyramids.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Love them and wear them all the time. My "shorts" vary in length from Burmuda to Capri! I don't want that bit of chub that hangs just above my knees to show!
Yes I hate my knees and above!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Nay. I have big quads and hams and capris make my legs look like upside down pyramids.
Ugh, me too for real! Actually my whole body from waist down looks like an upside down pyramid. But what to do? It's hot in the summer!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #35  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

As long as they are the right length and the right fit, then I definitely say yes! I couldn't pull off skirts or shorts to save my life right now, so capris are a good option for me but I've had my share of bad ones, awful.
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #36  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I have never put much thought into it, but I don't recall seeing many women (at all sizes) looking unattractive in capris. I think they look pretty good on everyone, and they are a good alternative to shorts, especially for me.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #37  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I personally like capris. I wear them on certain occasions, not on the more formal ones but on the more casual days. I understand the hesitancy about showing skin. I think they are a comfy alternative to full length slacks in the warmer months.

seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:39 PM   #38  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

when I wear shorts I like to wear REALLY SHORT ones and those are not appropriate for work or practically anywhere....so I have a nice pair of capris to wear when it gets warmer here..."hot" here means temps in the 70s and summer usually doesn't get much above 60 so it's never been a big fashion issue for me lol
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #39  

Interesting blog post about capris http://www.blogher.com/tim-gunn-says...-i-concur-sort
Old 05-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #40  

Tim Gunn's style do's and dont's
http://www.tipsonlifeandlove.com/sel...-dos-and-donts
Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #41  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I don't worry about what "they" say about capris. If it's too hot for long pants, I wear capris. Comfort rules when it comes to heat in my book. I think the shorter girls need to be more conscious of length, but I can get away with anything from knee length to just above the ankle.

My big nay is shorts - they just don't look good on me. I have quite a collection of skorts - I think they are so much more flattering on me!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #42  
I can do this

S/C/G: 230/222/175

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
But so many style gurus (Tim Gunn included!) advocate against capris because they shorten the leg.
The article someone else linked to showed that he objected to loose cargo capris, but likes the form fitting ones. That's pretty close to what most of us are saying is most flattering!

Last edited by bethFromDayton; 05-31-2013 at 11:08 AM.
bethFromDayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
I don't worry about what "they" say about capris. If it's too hot for long pants, I wear capris. Comfort rules when it comes to heat in my book. I think the shorter girls need to be more conscious of length, but I can get away with anything from knee length to just above the ankle.

My big nay is shorts - they just don't look good on me. I have quite a collection of skorts - I think they are so much more flattering on me!
I'm with you or else I've just reached that age where I say WTH and people chalk it up to the eccentricity of getting older. Yes, I try to look at least presentable, but I wear what's comfortable and what I like.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #44  

I decided when I go away over the summer, I'm going to dress like my heart wants to dress but my brain won't let me.

I'll be in a city (with my husband who will be on business) where I don't know anyone and will probably never see them again ever. I'm going wear shorts with tshirts, maybe a tanktop with no cardigan type cover (this one is freaking me out), and a casual shorter dress that I bought to just wear in my yard. I'm going to own it and pretend that I dress like this all of the time and see if I get the hairy eyeball from anyone. (It's not going to be anything distasteful, just out of my personal comfort zone.) If the anxiety doesn't kill me, I'll report the results! Capris and 3-quarter length sleeves make me feel safe and covered yet cooler than wearing jeans and long pants, esp. when it's 90 degrees out like today.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #45  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I decided when I go away over the summer, I'm going to dress like my heart wants to dress but my brain won't let me.

I'll be in a city (with my husband who will be on business) where I don't know anyone and will probably never see them again ever. I'm going wear shorts with tshirts, maybe a tanktop with no cardigan type cover (this one is freaking me out), and a casual shorter dress that I bought to just wear in my yard. I'm going to own it and pretend that I dress like this all of the time and see if I get the hairy eyeball from anyone. (It's not going to be anything distasteful, just out of my personal comfort zone.) If the anxiety doesn't kill me, I'll report the results! Capris and 3-quarter length sleeves make me feel safe and covered yet cooler than wearing jeans and long pants, esp. when it's 90 degrees out like today.
You go, girl! Rock those shorts, and tanks, and short dress! You can do it, and I'm almost positive you won't die or get struck by lightning!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote