Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #31  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I personally prefer pantyhose to bare-legged. I have a fair amount of varicosities on my legs and I don't think any amount of self-tanner is going to cover that up. Wearing pantyhose just gives me a smoother look. I know there are leg make-up products out there, but I really don't want to mess with them. I also like the control top to help hold tummy in. Guess I'm just an old fart anyway.

I agree with Aphil's comments too. I'm a nurse and while I would never advocate to wearing caps again, the way some gals dress for work is appalling. Wrinkled & unpressed clothing, inappropriate hair, pants dragging on the floor and stained from walking on them, thongs peeking out when bending over. Very unprofessional looks.

Today at church there was a couple whose son was making his First Communion. The dad had on shorts and a casual short sleeve shirt. Sorry if I sound like I'm ranting, but I think the casual look has gone too far in some situations.

Last edited by murphmitch; 08-17-2008 at 11:27 PM.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I agree our style of dress has been going down hill for some time. I have seen women in the grocery store in pajamas, no doubt about it they were pajamas,I have seen teen age girls at church in short shorts and a bare midriff top. There is a time and place for everything, I am sitting here bare footed in bermudas and a tank top. but that is not what I wore to church this morning.I love to dress up in heels, panty hose and a nice dress, and I like to wear jeans and a tee shirt, too.Just depends on the occasion.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #33  
carinna

I can't stand the restrictiveness of pantyhose. No matter what size/brand, they always feel too tight in the waist and by halfway through the day I feel like I'm suffocating. I prefer tights. Much more comfy.
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM   #34  

I think one of the reasons I became a social worker and then a professor is so I dont have to ever wear pantyhose again in my life.... I dont own any.... I dont own a slip, I dont own a pair of high heels..... give me my khakis and a sweater any day of the week..... tights are ok.... if I could find some that fit properly for someone tall like myself.... but when I am trapsing (spelling) all over campus and teaching.... I just can't be bothered.....
36Paws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:55 AM   #35  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

i wore pantyhose a few times before but it's uncomfortable. Altho i admit that it makes my legs look smooth and long, but compare to the uncomfortable feeling when wearing it >.<" nah. I'll pass.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 12:48 AM   #36  

Pantyhose is soooo uncomfortable!! Ick! To me it's just not worth feeling very uncomfortable the whole time. Fortunately now I live where it's almost always chilly so I wear pants to work almost all the time.
Transformer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 01:56 AM   #37  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I have worn pantyhose a few times in my life. I never thought they were comfortable. I have always worn silk stockings. They are the one luxury I have always given myself. I personally think garters and such are very feminine and make me feel good no matter if my outer wear is a business suit or a sexy dress.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote