Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Height: 5'2"

My daughter will only buy guys jeans because she dosen't like the strecth, she dosen't have much of a butt or hips. Plus you can get them in the right length. I havn't tried on mens jeans in years but use to wear them when I was much younger. I wish ladies jeans came in lengths, even some shorts or petites are still to long for me. I feel for the ladies that are even shorter than I.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #17  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I have some rigid Lane Bryants and Ralph Laurens that I fit right now. I have some Levis that I hope to be back into soon. I don't like stretch either.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

I'm have nearly the same stats as you. I'm not sure how much money you are looking to spend, but my FAVORITE non-stretch jeans are Heaven and Terra. They are mid priced, about $110, but are INCREDIBLY hard to find, I can only find them at one local boutique, not even online. Though they are soooo worth it! For a cheapie jean I really like Industrial Cotton, they are in the $30 range.
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I have to agree with a few of the girlies on here, I prefer stretch. If I wear non stretch they HANG on me. I am essentially butt-less. I have a big upper body and no butt or hips really to speak of. I wear low-rise stretch jeans. I ALWAYS wear a belt with them. Belts keep them from sliding down and causing plumber's crack. My Mom has a REALLy hard time finding jeans she likes, without the stretch. I think she's had some decent luck at Sears.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 12:34 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6"

LL Bean makes nice non stretch jeans. I have bought a pair "gently used" on ebay as well as hitting their outlet store when passing through Maine. Can't beat the quality and they replace things if you are *ever* unsatisfied. No sales slip required! (I don't work there or own stock...but I *should*!)
Torister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgood2005 View Post
I know stretch is supposed to be more comfortable but unless you are skinny minny sometimes you just look like you have sausage legs.
I had to laugh when I read this because I think I've said the EXACT same thing numerous times. I have one pair of stretch jeans that I used to wear to work. Sometimes when I'd walk into the building, I could see my reflection in one of the doors and I could literally see my cellulite jiggling in my pants. I really hate stretch jeans. I know they work for some people, but they just make me look ridiculous. Oh yeah, and they really don't do any favors for my legs when I'm sitting down... I don't need jeans that allow my thighs to expand to their full potential :P
jennyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #22  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

I just buy the costco kirkland men's jeans...$11.99 a pair, just ordinary 5 pocket denim in black or blue.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #23  

Height: 5'1"

I like levi jeans and the ones from gap. Both reasonably priced and non-stretch. And they come in short sizes.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

I have problems whether they are stretch or non-stretch. If they're stretch, they tend to be made out of cheap material that sags after a couple of days wear. If they are non-stretch--forget it! Can't even get 'em over my hips!

Also, being 5'2, I have to look for "short" jeans, which are not easy to find, and when I do find them, they tend to be petite all over (I am not petite, I just have short legs )
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:41 PM   #25  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

OMG I hate stretch jeans with such a passion I can't even express it in words. Actually I think I did post a thread awhile back complaining about it. I want cute, hip, low-rise jeans that are NOT stretch. I don't want anything with a super high waist like they sell at Sears or anything like that. I have such a hard time finding anything I like to begin with, let alone trying to find something non-stretch. And I just can't justify $100 for a pair of jeans, I just can't.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM   #26  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

$100 for jeans?! I'm cheap, I don't spend over $20 for jeans. Sales, sales sales.

I did buy a pair of Lucky jeans as a goal jean. They are super tight and not even zippable right now. I also have some DKNY jeans that fit but are TIGHT. Soon soon soon.

Last edited by nelie; 02-18-2008 at 04:12 PM.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:57 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 164/138/120

I used to think the same thing about $100+ jeans, until I tried on a pair. I bought them on the spot. They are like custom gloves for your legs
ThePrettyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #28  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm with Nelie. I am not near my goal, so I will not spend that kind of money on clothes.

Walmart, Sears, Mervyn's and Kohl's works for me.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #29  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Also, being 5'2, I have to look for "short" jeans, which are not easy to find, and when I do find them, they tend to be petite all over (I am not petite, I just have short legs )
Jelly - I have the opposite problem. I'm 5'4" which is the tall end of most petite or short pants, but I'm quite short in the rise, i.e. between the waist and crotch. Regular sized pants always look ridiculous on me - crotch halfway to my knees, bottoms way over my shoes.

I'll put in a vote for Land's End jeans. They're cut right for me, non-stretch, and real denim.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #30  

Height: 5'5"

They just opened up a Steve and Barry's next to my gym, and I think I'm in love. They had a good selection of non-stretch so I tried on 8 pairs from a few collections and every single one fit perfect. They have nice washes, too.

The best part is they are having a sale so everything in the store was $8.98. Best place for jeans ever.
JoyfulVegGirl is offline   Reply With Quote