Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 08:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Did my first weights workout since before Christmas. Messed up my back on Christmas Day - no idea how - and have been waiting until things felt healed enough to resume the weights. Boy that felt good!

Dagmar
Did the second (different) weights workout this week. Back on the healthy eating track too. Weigh in was 139.6 lbs. - not so bad! :

Dagmar
Old 01-15-2021, 09:17 AM   #17  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Good for you, Dagmar! I find that deadlifts, done the right way, help my back as long as I keep the weight low. And they help my leg strength as well.

Today, though, my exercise will be running the weed whacker.
Old 01-17-2021, 01:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

Dagmar, glad your back is feeling good again! Not bad with the weight either. I know I've gained a pound or two in the last couple of weeks. Stress eating.

We are signed up to get the first dose of Covid vaccine next Friday!! The second doses may never materialize seeing as how the Feds made them disappear somewhere, but one dose is at least better than none.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
Dagmar, glad your back is feeling good again! Not bad with the weight either. I know I've gained a pound or two in the last couple of weeks. Stress eating.

We are signed up to get the first dose of Covid vaccine next Friday!! The second doses may never materialize seeing as how the Feds made them disappear somewhere, but one dose is at least better than none.
I hope you get the second shot within the approved time window Alice. Since so little has been studied because a vaccine has never been rushed out so fast I hope the departure from the suggested dosage works out OK. No idea if only getting one dose will provide immunity. I hope they get everyone the second shots in time so the first ones won't be a total waste if the one shot is not enough. Kinda stupid IMO to mess around with the dosage the manufacturer has developed.

My cousin, a doctor, got his second shot last week. Canadian vaccination has been at glacial speed up to now and now apparently we are slowing down even more.

I'm hoping to get the first shot in probably August and that there will be a guaranteed second shot. SIGH.

The alternative is a whole lot worse so I'm trying to steel myself for another summer of isolation and masking etc.

Dagmar
Old 01-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #20  

I'm still going to wear my mask until the cases really drop. Here in Central California they are sky high. I didn't mean to say we wouldn't get a second dose, in fact I'll start asking about the second appointment at our appt on Friday. In three weeks' time, the Feds might have their act together enough to come through with the second shots!

I hope Canada speeds up to where you can get vaccinated a lot sooner than August!
Old 01-21-2021, 09:12 AM   #21  

I'm so relieved - just spent 10 minutes weeping over Springsteen's performance last night. Stress relief - tears of relief? I was afraid someone would try to assassinate Biden and/or Harris yesterday and that civil war would get started in the US.

The pandemic is making me a little crazy no? But I think a lot of people shared my fears, and ate and drank waaay to excess yesterday while it all played out (see how cleverly I stickhandled that into 3FC material ). So glad it worked out!

I'm going to do my partying this weekend as I'm able to work again without fear of bylaw fining me $5K. Now I can seriously start taking off the Trump/COVID stress weight.

Dagmar
Old 01-21-2021, 05:45 PM   #22  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Dagmar, what did I miss about the "bylaw" that would fine you $5K for working?

We are in a serious state of stress relief here in the USA. We have PTTD (figure it out).
Old 01-22-2021, 06:07 AM   #23  

JayEll Ontario has declared a state of emergency due to rapidly rising COVID cases. There are specific rules about what people should be doing.. Most people are supposed to stay at home and work remotely from there. Doesn't work so well for my job and I can't stop working since there is no financial support for self-employed people. If someone reports me for working I could be fined $5K, Someone sensible took a look at what dog walkers were doing, classified us as curbside pick up , and now we can do our jobs.

Dagmar
Old 01-22-2021, 06:51 AM   #24  

Great thread!
​❤️❤️❤️😁😁😁
Old 01-22-2021, 09:23 AM   #25  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Welcome, Flexxy!

Dagmar, I'm glad someone had the sense to categorize your work so you could still do it! "Curbside pickup" works! And I know you take precautions.

Alice, good luck on getting your first shot!

People in the over-65 group here are still spending hours on hold and on the computer trying to get appointments. I hope things do get straightened out with the vaccine supply soon. People don't need any more stress.
Old 01-22-2021, 06:01 PM   #26  

Just home from getting the first shot! It was at the fairgrounds. Very well organized with no waiting in line. Now to see what happens supply-wise for the second shot in 3 weeks.

I'm mostly a non-crier, but I will admit to getting misty-eyed when the first woman VP took the oath. Now let's see if things will calm down and at least some of the people will stop believing the crazy nonsense.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:14 AM   #27  

Alice! I hope the second shot is available soon and getting it goes as well as the first.

Flexxy!

I am back down under 140 lbs. after a brief fling with a box of chocolate cookies I found stashed away in the basement. That "40" on the scale really made me stop and look at what I have been doing. I haven't been in that number range since around 2008-2009.

The pandemic is going to go on for probably another 7 - 8 months. I'm going to stop using it as an excuse to stress eat and drink alcohol (which I haven't really done since 1991).

I didn't realize how much anxiety (about the US, getting COVID, my job and being fined what is a large amount for me, and some issues with 2 of the dogs) all these factors were causing until it lifted. I have a weird way of dealing with stressful situations. I get through them and then eat as part of the relief afterwards. The stress eating will probably never entirely stop but the alcohol will. It's something a really don't need to do any more.

Looking forward to getting back into my summer weight range by summer!

Dagmar :
Old 01-25-2021, 09:40 AM   #28  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Big football games yesterday! Great fun watching them! The two winners will now play in the Super Bowl: Tampa Bay Buccaneers versus Kansas City Chiefs! Even more exciting because it will be held in Tampa! (No, I will be watching at home. I have never liked being in crowds, even before the coronavirus.)

Plumber is coming shortly--I think one of the elements has gone out on our water heater. The water is hot, but the hot runs out too fast.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:00 AM   #29  

I'm slipping into some old habits - blaming the pandemic for most of them. I was out in blowing snow and freezing rain most of the day yesterday and then had to shovel snow in the evening too. I was exhausted and used that as an excuse to eat all sorts of junk after dinner. I've regained 6 "real" lbs. Doesn't seem like much but it's almost 30% of the weight I lost and kept off initially. Viewed as a percentage that's quite alarming.

My country's non-planning for vaccine rollout is not helping boost my morale either. I might not even get the darn thing this year.

Dagmar
Old 01-29-2021, 08:56 AM   #30  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Stress really can lead to weight gain--sometimes even without much overeating. Years ago my partner underwent radiation therapy and our life was disrupted for months. I gained 10-15 pounds over those months, maybe more. In retrospect I should have asked for and found more help for us.

The vaccine distribution here is more methodical, but we never know when it's going to be available or how much. Panicked people jump on every chance to play "vaccine roulette"--some make appointments in other counties and make the drives. I know someone whose elderly brother came from another state, and she managed to get him residency so he could get a shot. It seems unfair, but if the goal is to get people vaccinated, maybe it's not.

Dr. Fauci says the vaccine "prevents illness, not infection." In other words, these masks are gonna stay on a long time.
Closed Thread