Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-25-2018, 06:11 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Shannon Trixie is going in for surgery on May 4th.They will biopsy tissue from the lump to find out if it's malignant. Right now she has a whopping case of the runs but that is due to eating something dead on the weekend, not her lump. She's in good spirits but ticked at me because she's only getting rice and broth to eat.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:38 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Poor Trixie! I hope the diarrhea clears up quickly and of course that her lump isn't something bad.

I'm staying with my parents right now because I'm working in a clinic that's less than 10 minutes from their house, rather than about an hour from mine. However... I'm two nights in to two weeks and I'm already considering just making the drive. Unfortunately I think at this point that would probably upset them. Sigh.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:09 AM   #273  

Woohoo! Trixie's stomach issues have cleared up. Now the challenge is to keep her away from the dead stuff until her surgery. probably on leash until next Friday. She will not be pleased but it's in the interest of the best outcome for her so I'll do it.

Dagmar
Old 04-26-2018, 10:50 AM   #274  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Poor Trixie (and you!)

I was just saying to dh that we need to plan our next trip. We just got back from Vancouver and we have the wedding in Houston in September, but it's nice to have something planned-- even if it's way in the future.

Shannon-- I have a bamboo pillow but it's very thin as I already have neck issues and the chiropractor told me I needed a flat pillow so as not to prop my neck up. Neck is somewhat better today. Shoulder seems to be improving slightly each day-- hooray!

Missing Saef and her daily posts.
Hope all is okay!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:31 PM   #275  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Shannon, I too always think of Miss Congeniality on April 25th - "just a light sweater"

Dagmar, best of luck with Trixie's procedure and biopsy results.

I had sad news today, but in the interests of happy sharing I will instead say that I went out with my coworkers last night and rode home around 8 pm. It was still light out and warm, and riding back through campus, along the bike path through the hills, then up the forest home was the most peaceful thing. Wonderful to be in a bike-friendly place especially when the rain stops briefly.

Yes, hope Saef is well and just unplugging from digital life.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #276  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

i'm thinking benign thoughts for Trixie!!

Warning: sad sharing! Yesterday we finally euthanized Pepper. DH suggested it, so I knew he was ready. I would have done it much sooner but it had to be DH's decision. Pepper had gone from 17 pounds to 10 pounds in the last 6 months. He is buried in the garden, where I'm sure he is enjoying his existence on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. So don't be sad my friends, it's all a part of life.

I'm still over my 125 red line but I have at least reversed the upward trend.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:31 PM   #277  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinAtTheMoon View Post
i'm thinking benign thoughts for Trixie!!

Warning: sad sharing! Yesterday we finally euthanized Pepper. DH suggested it, so I knew he was ready. I would have done it much sooner but it had to be DH's decision. Pepper had gone from 17 pounds to 10 pounds in the last 6 months. He is buried in the garden, where I'm sure he is enjoying his existence on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. So don't be sad my friends, it's all a part of life.

I'm still over my 125 red line but I have at least reversed the upward trend.
I'm glad that Pepper and your DH are at peace, he with the decision and Pepper on the other side of the Bridge.

We are not allowed to bury pets on our property. My two cats are in little jars on the bookshelf and the last big dog went (quite illegally) into the lake at her favorite part of the beach. I've told hubby he has to scatter all of us in the lake when we've all departed this life. He'll have quite an assortment of containers so will probably have to canoe out in the dead of night to do it.

Dagmar
Old 04-26-2018, 09:40 PM   #278  
Workin' It

Alice - I'm sorry to hear about Pepper, but glad that everyone is at peace with it.

JZJ - your ride sounds fantastic.

Dagmar- I'm picturing DH in a canoe full of little jars at midnight. 😁

Have to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 8:45 with my MIL to have a PICC line put in, then back at 3:30 to the infusion center for antibiotics. Her bacteria wasn't able to be effectively cultured to see what would work, so we are trying 14 days of IV antibiotics to see what happens.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:10 PM   #279  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Shannon, I hope it's Vancomycin.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:55 AM   #280  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning, all. I'm planning to fit in more exercise today, including lots of standing on one leg.

Bon courage! to us all as we deal with what life throws at us today. We're saying Bonne chance et bon courage! a lot around here at the moment as the exam season is upon us and several of those are French exams. I'm going to make a fruit cake to keep the body and soul of the exam candidate together. Of all cakes, I think fruit cake is the best.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:09 AM   #281  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
Good morning, all. I'm planning to fit in more exercise today, including lots of standing on one leg.

Bon courage! to us all as we deal with what life throws at us today. We're saying Bonne chance et bon courage! a lot around here at the moment as the exam season is upon us and several of those are French exams. I'm going to make a fruit cake to keep the body and soul of the exam candidate together. Of all cakes, I think fruit cake is the best.
I really like fruitcake if it's the traditional "Christmas" fruitcake. I had a recipe for a light version that I lost years ago and it was really good for those who didn't like booze in their cake. But maybe you're referring to something completely different Birchie?

Dagmar
Old 04-27-2018, 06:11 AM   #282  

I'm back down in my "winter" weight range of 135-138 lbs. - 137.8 lbs. this morning.

I'm going to weigh once a week until I get down to my summer range goal. But I'm going to weigh on Fridays instead of Mondays. Monday is hard enough without a daunting number on the scale. :

Dagmar
Old 04-27-2018, 01:27 PM   #283  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Alice,
My thoughts to all of you. That is a lot of weight to lose. My Wilbur (15) is still super chunky so at this point, I know he's hanging in there.

Thinking good thoughts for you and MIL today, Shannon.

My dd's house is hopefully closing shortly.... crossing my fingers....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #284  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

So sorry about your kitty, Alice. It's hard but sometimes I feel it's just a little easier when you know it is time and you are easing their pain.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 07:00 PM   #285  
Workin' It

It has been a long weekend here. We got the line in yesterday, and are on bag two of the antibiotics. I'm still here, have been here since yesterday morning. She is very anxious, and not rolling well with the discussion of me leaving and going home. I can't tell if some of the side effects I'm seeing are from the medication, or the stress. Personally - since some of them started yesterday morning before the line was even in - I suspect stress. You can watch her get anxious - it starts on her face, she gets worked up, and then she is sick to her stomach within minutes. The same kind of thing happens to me when I get nerved or anxious. I'm going to stay overnight again, take her to the treatment tomorrow, then go home to get up at 4am Monday and start another day.

Jay - this one is Zosyn primarily, with another one blended in a smaller amount into it. The other choice we had was Meropenam - we would have had to inject that one into the line three times a day ourselves, versus the Zosyn which we go get a bag at a time from the infusion center.

I'm tired, y'all.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote