Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-14-2018, 05:28 AM   #406  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Jayzee I hope it goes well for the puppy! One of Allison's (alinnell) dogs lost a leg and apparently there are support groups for people with tripawed dogs.

I used to walk 12 labs every day and I miss those days. They're great dogs!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 184/132/125

Height: 5'5"

JayZeeJay, good luck with the new pup. We ended up doing nothing to our rescue dog's injured rear leg (we found her on our property a year and a half ago). She now uses the bad leg about 30% of the time, and more when she runs, which I guess is better than having no leg. Does your puppy have an injured rear leg or front leg? Sorry about your knee injury, but I agree with your more sensible self - skip the event!!

Jessica, I think it's fine to coast for a while, as long as you don't start gaining again. I know just what you mean about your career. I hope it gains you more money in retirement!

JayEll, good job losing 7 pounds, even if due to illness. I take weight loss any place I can get it! I was having stomach problems in May - three episodes of debilitating pain in the middle of my upper abdomen - but now it's fine. I had an abdominal ultrasound on Monday but no results yet. Hope you continue to feel fine.

I got down to 125 after a hard hiking day, but I'm sure a lot of it was slight dehydration. Then I ate too much for a couple of days and the scale jumped right back up to 127.5. Oh well, I'm back on track now. A five day backpack might happen next week, which will have the good effect of calorie control, since I don't want to carry anything extra.
HowlinAtTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #408  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

See attached cuteness. Hind leg surgery is tomorrow. Estimate $3.5K. We are the biggest suckers on the planet. I've had 4 hrs sleep in two nights thanks to crate training resistance. I'm trying so hard not to overeat/eat junk, as is my habit when at work with growing sleep deprivation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg puppy1.jpg (44.6 KB, 24 views)
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #409  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

There is no defense against killer-cute. Good luck.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #410  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Prayers for your cute puppy! Does she have a name yet?

My cruise is late July to early August, Shannon 🤗
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:08 AM   #411  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
See attached cuteness. Hind leg surgery is tomorrow. Estimate $3.5K. We are the biggest suckers on the planet. I've had 4 hrs sleep in two nights thanks to crate training resistance. I'm trying so hard not to overeat/eat junk, as is my habit when at work with growing sleep deprivation.
Are they amputating? Better if it's the hind leg - less body weight on it. She is a cutie! I think part of the crate training resistance is just due to all the change all at once yes? Hope all goes well today for her! And you!

Dagmar
Old 06-15-2018, 09:45 AM   #412  
Workin' It

What a sweet puppy, JZJ! Yes, there is little defense against that face.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:45 AM   #413  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I went browsing around the rest of 3FC. You know what? The 3FC forum is pretty much dead. Not at all like it used to be. Same comments and issues in every thread.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #414  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

People say that boards have been superseded by Facebook. Why do you think it is, JayEll?
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:46 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I have to agree that FB is where it's at these days. Also Reddit. They're both pretty hot these days with different groups that cater to specific diets or lifestyles.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #416  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I have to agree that FB is where it's at these days. Also Reddit. They're both pretty hot these days with different groups that cater to specific diets or lifestyles.
I didn't know there were Fb diet or maintenance pages. I do hang out on Fb and I do post dog photos there. I guess it's more immediate and easier than 3FC? Anyone with a smartphone can join up. Though I do all my online stuff from a desktop - bigger screen!

Dagmar
Old 06-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I didn't know there were Fb diet or maintenance pages. I do hang out on Fb and I do post dog photos there. I guess it's more immediate and easier than 3FC? Anyone with a smartphone can join up. Though I do all my online stuff from a desktop - bigger screen!

Dagmar
Not finding any maintenance groups on Fb except something called the "snake" diet group which involves fasting.

Dagmar
Old 06-16-2018, 03:02 PM   #418  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I see a lot of comments on the articles listed on the 3FC home page. Maybe many people just hang out there.

And it's not as though no one posts new threads, but they don't get replies. Sometimes zero, for days.

I think perhaps discussion forums of this type have become passe'.

Dagmar, I see a lot of weight loss support groups on FB. I searched for 'weight loss support group' and I saw dozens of groups (and none of them were "snake"). Same for 'weight maintenance group.'
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:21 PM   #419  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I see a lot of comments on the articles listed on the 3FC home page. Maybe many people just hang out there.

And it's not as though no one posts new threads, but they don't get replies. Sometimes zero, for days.

I think perhaps discussion forums of this type have become passe'.

Dagmar, I see a lot of weight loss support groups on FB. I searched for 'weight loss support group' and I saw dozens of groups (and none of them were "snake"). Same for 'weight maintenance group.'
I guess it depends on what search term you used. I used "maintenance diet group" - made sense at the time. LOL

Dagmar
Old 06-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #420  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I guess it depends on what search term you used. I used "maintenance diet group" - made sense at the time. LOL

Dagmar
I'm looking at the groups that came up for "weight maintenance group" and they all seem to be specific for one diet or another. They also are pushing all sorts of weight loss products.

Since I use an ad blocker this might be present here too. At least our forum doesn't specify that you had to lose the weight by a specific method or maintain that loss by another or similar one.

I prefer this type of forum. If it's dying off I'll continue posting until it's gone. Sad to lose the support.

Dagmar