Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 10:57 AM   #391  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

I came down with a bad cold starting Friday. Sometimes that doesn't change my eating habits much, but other times... yeah. I had such intense cravings for both sugar and fat (e.g. "buttered" toast), that I finally caved. The overall calorie damage isn't horrible, but with little exercise Friday and none yesterday, apart from packing boxes, it is frustrating. I'd been on such a good roll. Now I'm afraid that I'll struggle getting back to the no-sugar no-fat plan. Plus, being sick with a bunch of long experiments starting tomorrow = danger zone for exhaustion overeating (which is never raw carrots and celery, somehow).
Old 02-28-2016, 11:59 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Take care of yourself, Jay. That cold might be more than you thing. My FIL came in sick on Tuesday, I sent him home. Thursday he went to urgent care, they said it was a flu/cold combo--some strain of flu that the flu shot wasn't meant for. We had a birthday party last night for my MIL and he was still sick and didn't make it to the party. We were going to golf today, but he's still sick.

Sunday morning, weight slightly up. Probably the alcohol.
S-ok, despite being woken at midnight by DH and then having a hard time getting back to sleep.
E-none
B-skip
L-not sure
D-not sure

Obviously I didn't plan today out very well. DD and SIL are here until after lunch. I am assuming that MIL and FIL won't be coming over today, but who knows. If it is just me and DH for dinner, we'll probably have leftovers from yesterday's party. I have enough brisket for two or four sliders and there are a handful of chicken stuffed peppers left. I am actually amazed that most of the food is eaten! I do have a huge amount of potato salad left, but if we don't eat that, I have no problem dumping it. It wasn't as good as the recipe sounded. I hate when that happens.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:15 AM   #393  

Monday morning, weight up again. sigh

S-fairly good 7 hours. Obviously not enough because I couldn't get myself to get up to exercise this morning.
E-see above
B-protein bar
L-salad, yogurt
D-pasta or breakfast
Old 02-29-2016, 06:54 PM   #394  
critter lover

Allison, that's a bummer, your FIL not being able to go to the party. This cold is a doozy all right. I'm a fully congested snot volcano at night so today I'm stumbling around work on 2 hours' sleep, constantly snorfling (that horrible nasal congestion noise) and mouth-breathing heavily. My coworkers must love me.
Old 03-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #395  

Tuesday morning, weight unchanged from yesterday. That makes February less than stellar. I don't think I lost even 3 pounds all month. I was hoping for 5.

S-okay 7 hours. Weird dream where we went hiking and forgot to lock the car and my money was stolen
E-none
B-fruit
L-salad and yogurt
D-steak and ???
Old 03-02-2016, 09:19 AM   #396  

Wednesday morning, weight down a bit, still not to last week's low

S-good 8 hours
E-none, again, this is beginning to be a problem
B-protein bar
L-salad, yogurt
D-chicken
Old 03-02-2016, 11:13 AM   #397  
critter lover

Morning all,

I've been able to rein in the overeating since the congestion got bad (there's nothing like having to choose between eating and breathing to help cut back, plus the absence of taste). No exercise yesterday or the day before, but today I rode to work. It may have been slightly premature as I'm really tired now, but the cool morning spring breeze felt like heaven on my face. We're starting to really pack up the house, since we have to put it on the market in late March. It's such an uninspiring chore to come home to, and especially since we still have to live in the house until June. It makes packing far more complicated.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:27 AM   #398  

Thursday morning, weight down, still not all the way. About .3 off

S-wow. Seven good hours, interrupted three times by hot flashes, but was sound asleep when the alarm went off.
E-none.
B-protein bar
S-fruit
L-Smart Ones entree, yogurt
D-posole
Old 03-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #399  

Friday morning, weight down, below last Friday's low. It seems that Fridays are my lowest, and then the weekend happens. I'm going to make the best of it and hope that I don't totally get derailed by the weekend this time. I already have a nice dinner planned for Sunday--one which my finicky FIL will enjoy and one without too many calories.

S-good 7 hours
E-none (must not let this continue)
B-protein bar
S-fruit
L-sandwich?
D-leftover stuffed peppers and Mediterranean potato salad
Old 03-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #400  

Saturday morning, weight down again, although it could be from sleeping in.

S-great 8 hours with plenty of dreams I can no longer remember
E-does grocery shopping count? No golf as El Nino has a storm planned for us this weekend
B-plan on skipping
L-going out, so ??
D-breakfast
Old 03-05-2016, 02:30 PM   #401  
Workin' It

Morning morning. Or afternoon, I guess.

Good week here. Just got home from a ten mile run and a trip to Costco. I swear, the run was easier. Whew.

Good two weeks this week food and exercise wise. We'll see what the scale says on Tuesday.

Half marathon on 4/2. I just might survive it yet.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #402  

Sunday morning, weight down again. I've finally hit the 10 pounds off mark. It has taken over 8 weeks. Ugh. But, I'm okay with that. At least I've lost.

S-8 good hours
E-none today. I vow to get up tomorrow to work out.
B-egg
L-quesadilla or taco
D-spicey shrimp spaghetti
Old 03-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #403  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Allison, congratulations on your 10-lb. loss. Do you really think that's slow? I don't. I think that's a pretty good, steady rate.

Most important, your social life and your health appear not to have been compromised in any way while you were doing it.
Old 03-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #404  

Saef, you are right. It really isn't that slow. Basically it is one pound a week which is very safe and should help me to maintain the loss. I need to concentrate on that. And you are 100% correct that it really hasn't impacted my social life at all. We still do our monthly wine dinner. We still go out for lunch a couple times a week. We still do our Blue Apron meals three nights a week. All I really have given up is alcohol four days a week (and minimized it the other three). And that has been so much easier than I imagined (only because DH is doing it as well).

S-good 7 hours, only interrupted once by a hot flash (how long must I live with this??)
E-30 minutes on the treadmill, on a climb, at 4.0 mph (2 miles)
B-egg
L-salad and yogurt
D-leftover shrimp spaghetti

Forgot to mention my weight: no change since yesterday which is a total WIN because I weighed 3 1/2 hours earlier in the day than yesterday! Maybe tomorrow's weigh-in will be lower.

Last edited by alinnell; 03-07-2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-07-2016, 11:48 AM   #405  
critter lover

Allison, that is a successful 8 weeks - congrats.

Shannon, I agree - I'd rather run 10 miles than go to Costco any day. I haven't been to Costco in many years, but my memories of the place are not good. Land of glorified excessive consumption... it's no wonder the ocean's plastic waste burden is 10 times what it was 10 years ago.

I'm doing ok, eating a bit more junky food and exercising less than I'd like. We moved furniture into a storage unit all day Saturday in the rain, and packed boxes yesterday. We desperately need to get the house exterior painted before we have the inspection, but El Niņo is making that a real challenge this week. Not sure if we're going to make the tentative market date. Argh.
Closed Thread