Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Don't worry y'all...still on the wagon. It just SUCKS that I can't work out like I used to. It really messes with my head when I miss one workout, much less three or more in a row. I got a short little workout in today.

Laney is 10 weeks old today. So 12 weeks isn't that far off...

More than anything the gain for no reason worries me. When I got off the pill to get pregnant I started creeping. I weighed 137 in December 2010, stopped the pill and started gaining 1-2 pounds every couple of weeks even though I changed nothing about my eating or workout habits. I think i was having serious hormonal issues, and then got pregnant before they were resolved. I worry a lot that they're still going on...and that the creep has started again.
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

That's so funny Mindi--most people blame being on the pill for their weight gain (I know I do!).

So, my car salesman found another car--the right color and all, but it has the back seat entertainment system that I don't really want. We're going to go for it. DH says he'll sit in back and watch cartoons while I drive!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:41 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Allison, please be sure and post a picture of your new car with you in it. At this point I expect anything could happen before you actually have the keys in hand.

Last edited by bargoo; 07-27-2012 at 04:42 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #169  
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Interesting to see how many of you admit to a weakness for nuts. I never really liked them when I was heavy and ate what I wanted. Now that I restrict carbs, restrict calories, restrict sugar (oh wait, that's just simple carbs) and try to eat mostly "good" fats, I LOVE the taste and mouthfeel of nuts (and nut butters), and find it ridiculously easy to overeat them. I don't have a shed, but should try the pre-portioned paks because I too grab them by the fistful all too often.

I worked from 7:30 this morning until 8:00 tonight. Feeling pretty exhausted. The worst part is, I know that the mix of physical and mental fatigue I feel doesn't actually burn many calories. After a week of 12-hour days, I'm usually up a pound or two because I haven't been able to exercise "for real."
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I took DH for a walk to get an ice cream cone last night. I had one scoop in a waffle cone (the cone is more cals but it tastes like something and has crunch!). DH had two scoops. Both containing chocolate/caramel candies. SIGH. At least it wasn't a litre of ice cream, gobbled in front of the TV mindlessly. We licked, walked, chatted, and enjoyed the evening.

I am encouraging/forcing him to go biking with me this morning, while it's still cool and he can't use the excuse "Oh it's too hot and humid".

Sometimes this feels like training a really large, intelligent, and very reluctant lazy dog.

And don't even get me started on fatty cat. I have to carry him down the street and nudge him along with my foot to get him started home and when he sits down along the way. We go about 6 houses from ours so it's not like he has to walk any distance.

He and DH are soul couch potatoes.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #171  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

This morning, I'm walking around my apartment in bike shorts, a sports bra and a tank, getting stuff ready for the long drive back Upstate. Despite all the exposed skin, I'm sweating in the high humidity, which makes the outdoors smell like forgotten vegetables decaying in the back of a fridge. (Guess how I know what that smells like?)

I can't even guess at my weight by the fit of my clothes. I returned to my former gym and have followed a reasonable facsimile of my former gym routine, but I have eaten weirdly for me due to lack of cooked veggies. But the end of the ConEdison strike raises hope in me that soon I'll have a working stove.

I'll see what my weigh-in tells me tomorrow.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #172  

Allison, are you getting your new car today ? Love that new car smell.
saef, are you getting some of your furniture today ? Love that old furniture smell.

Last edited by bargoo; 07-28-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #173  

bargoo, I don't get the car today, but I am going in to sign all the paperwork. I guess then when the car arrives I just go in, drop off my current car and drive off with the new one. I have no idea (yet) where it is coming from, so I have no idea (yet) when I'll get it. (Obviously I'll be asking that this morning!)
Old 07-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #174  

Allison, your experience with the car and also your cruise reminds me of the time I was going to be moving and bought a new refrigerator, paid for it but didn't take delivery at the time because my new townhouse wasn't quite ready. This was arranged with the store, no problem they said, let us know when you are ready. At the right time I called them , they couldn't find the refrigerator, they had sold it to someone else. in other words they sold the same refrigerator twice, only customer number two had it in their kitchen. The solution , they gave me a different refrigerator, same brand but a more expensive model. They didn't charge me for the upgrade because it was their fault.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Allison, your experience with the car and also your cruise reminds me of the time I was going to be moving and bought a new refrigerator, paid for it but didn't take delivery at the time because my new townhouse wasn't quite ready. This was arranged with the store, no problem they said, let us know when you are ready. At the right time I called them , they couldn't find the refrigerator, they had sold it to someone else. in other words they sold the same refrigerator twice, only customer number two had it in their kitchen. The solution , they gave me a different refrigerator, same brand but a more expensive model. They didn't charge me for the upgrade because it was their fault.
That was quite nice to get the upgrade for free. Unfortunately, I get the upgrade and have to pay for part of it. They are really giving me three nice deals on this car--one for the entertainment system, one for the chrome wheels and one for the Cilajet process. I think they knocked off over $3000 on this car. I know the salesguy feels horrible about them "losing" the other car at the other dealership. He's worked his butt off trying to get me the car of my choice (rather than making me settle for black--black and the desert just don't mix IMO).
Old 07-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #176  

Well, I guess I do get a freebie. The other dealership called to say that they had equipped the car with the high-end door jamb thingies that light up the word Jaguar when you open the doors and added a trunk light. My dealership is paying for those so it won't change my payment.

The car is being transported from Albuquerque so I should get it in a week or so.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #177  

The deal is, Allison, somebody screwed up and they want to keep you as a Jaguar customer. They can afford a few freebies after all the last thing the want is to see you in a Lexus or a BMW ! This isn't even my car but I can't wait to see what they offer you next.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:01 AM   #178  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

The scale says I'm up just about two pounds since before I went off. I'm not sure if that's accurate, because I wasn't, er, how shall I put this, empty, when I stood on it, as I was about 10 minutes later. I'll probably try again tomorrow morning.

It felt good to eat hot food last night: A steak cooked on the grill, asparagus, green beans and brussel sprouts.

But there's otherwise not much good in being Upstate again. I got up at 4:30 AM for my private time, but then less than a half-hour later, my mother was up, too, telling me she couldn't sleep. So I feel uncomfortable and in an angry, "don't bother me" mood. I'll be glad to escape shortly to the gym.

Last edited by saef; 07-29-2012 at 06:03 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
I got up at 4:30 AM for my private time, but then less than a half-hour later, my mother was up, too, telling me she couldn't sleep. So I feel uncomfortable and in an angry, "don't bother me" mood. I'll be glad to escape shortly to the gym.
Yeah. it's totally jarring, isn't it? Everything is dark and quiet and you are sipping your coffee and . . . suddenly the lights go on and someone's talking and walking around and flushing the toilet etc.

DH does this 1-2 times per year and I feel kinda unsettled for most of the day as a result. I guess it's kind of like the 1-2 times per year I get up again at midnight and go sit in front of the TV with him. He hates that!

IMO private quiet time is good for most of us, whether we know it or not.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #180  

I am an early riser, too. I enjoy being up and doing quiet things, don't want to disturb the neighbors. I look out the window across the street where there is a large apartment complex, I see one light on. Another early riser ! I was very annoyed when I retired about this early morning rising, I thought I would be able to sleep in, it has never happened. It took me awhile to realize that this is my body clock and just relax and enjoy it.

Last edited by bargoo; 07-29-2012 at 08:32 AM.