Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-24-2011, 06:06 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Michele yeah sometimes the mind and the mouth are not in agreement. At least if we all have more on plan days than off we are ok.

I'm curious - what kind of healthy options did they have at the burger joint?

I am off to do my paddle boarding lesson this morning - I hope. After weeks and weeks of no rain we had thunderstorms last night and it looks like more are on the way. If the weather looks at all dicey I will not want to be standing upright on a board out on the lake. I wonder if the people who give the lessons will be in agreement with that. Hope so!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #77  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I've been holed up inside or at the gym too much because of this heat. I need to get out today. But I'm not going downtown, as I can't bear the idea of the subway station in this weather. (The cars are quite cool, even refrigerator-like, but oh, the stations are truly hellish.) I'll go north. Maybe I'll see "Terri." Indie movies with John C. Reilly in them are usually a good bet. Maybe I'll shop a bit.

There's a limit to how much of the "Project Runway" marathon I can mindlessly watch.

Last edited by saef; 07-24-2011 at 11:19 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Terri is on our short list of films to see as well. If you do see it, safe, let me know how you like it. We'll probably go to the Friday night show this week.

I've been swim suit shopping. It's very difficult! I don't think I've bought a new suit in 10 years but since we're planning this trip to Costa Rica, I need some. I found some really cute ones at Athleta, but most that I liked didn't have one component in my size. Same at Zappos. I finally settled on a plain gray tankini with black board shorts that have a gray and pink design on one leg. Cute, but not what I was looking for. Today I'll try my luck at Macy's (the brick and mortar one) so I can at least try things on first. I went to a shop yesterday after seeing Captain America, but like most things here--all the suits were tailored to resort wear (bling). I need it tailored more toward sports (kayaking, river rafting).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

So the paddleboard lesson was a no go. The swells on the lake were chop that I would hesitate to take my kayak into, never mind standing on an open board for my first lesson in an unfamiliar sport.

After the twenty-something instructor (female) basically suggested that this sport might not be for me if I had safety concerns (subtext was that I was a coward) I restated my objections and walked away from her. I have been bullied into unsafe situations in the past but I'm past that now. If my little voice says no I respect it.

So I came home and got online and asked for a refund. I will figure this sport out by myself, with a video, and purchase a used board online and take it out when I feel it is safe.

It seems that there is a disproportionate number of *ssholes teaching sports these days who assume everyone is a young hardbody like themselves. I need to find sports instruction for those over 50.

I'll retire to my rocking chair now

Great Sunday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #80  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

granddaughterI snuck some new pics in ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-brag-lol.html

MICHELE We were just up in Davis, in fact Angie was there again Friday night...just drive-bys...my daughter had a full ride to UCSB , went there for 1 year, even made the tennis team....loved the school but hated the "PARTY" atmosphere...she is very conservative and having 2 roommates in the dorms doing drugs and having sex sleepovers with boys was just way too much for her to handle...cool place though, we enjoyed the area often when she was there! Been to UCSD for many college sports events when my kids were in school...daughter even had a nice scholarship offer there...great place to go!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 07-24-2011 at 03:26 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Michele and Gary, I had an interview for an apartment this week and it is located in Davis ! Looks like I might be moving there.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:48 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
Michele and Gary, I had an interview for an apartment this week and it is located in Davis ! Looks like I might be moving there.
What do you mean an interview for an apartment? Do you mean for a job? Good luck! It looks like a neat town!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
granddaughterI snuck some new pics in ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...-brag-lol.html

MICHELE We were just up in Davis, in fact Angie was there again Friday night...just drive-bys...my daughter had a full ride to UCSB , went there for 1 year, even made the tennis team....loved the school but hated the "PARTY" atmosphere...she is very conservative and having 2 roommates in the dorms doing drugs and having sex sleepovers with boys was just way too much for her to handle...cool place though, we enjoyed the area often when she was there! Been to UCSD for many college sports events when my kids were in school...daughter even had a nice scholarship offer there...great place to go!
Ummm.... Gary.... feel free to PM me or facebook message me but I'd like to hear more about UCSB. Dd really liked it from the tour but she is also very conservative and we do not want a school with a party atmosphere! Our older dd is at Gonzaga (Catholic) and has been unhappy with the partying there. Since we are new(ish) to California, I don't know about the reputations for the various schools. UC San Diego seemed more liberal to me but maybe that was the tour guide?? Is Davis more conservative hopefully??
Old 07-24-2011, 04:52 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Michele yeah sometimes the mind and the mouth are not in agreement. At least if we all have more on plan days than off we are ok.

I'm curious - what kind of healthy options did they have at the burger joint?

Dagmar
There were actually quite a few healthier options that I chose to ignore. They had buffalo burgers, portabella mushroom burgers, and multiple salads.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:29 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
What do you mean an interview for an apartment? Do you mean for a job? Good luck! It looks like a neat town!!
No, I mean an apartment to live in. My family has been trying to get me to move near them due to some health issues I have. They actually live in Galt , not real close but as they say, closer than Saratoga. They moved from San Diego and went through a little culture shock as Galt is much smaller than San Diego. Davis is much smaller than San Jose where I am now, but not as small as Galt.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #86  

A receipe I found for bars
square unsweetened baker's chocolate
2 Tbls. butter
2 Tbls. heavy cream
3 pkts Equal (I used Splenda)
3 scoops (1 cup) Chocolate Designer Protein (or any other chocolate whey protein)
1 cup chopped peanuts (I used 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans)
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (hence the above!)
2 Tbls. Sugar Free Torani Syrup or maple syrup (or water, in a pinch...) --I used the maple syrup, as that, our market had!

Melt choc and butter in mike 1 min; stir until completely melted. Add Equal and heavy cream and stir til creamy. Add protein powder, peanuts, coconut and stir till mixed pretty well, add syrup (or water), and mix thoroughly(you may have to knead with your handsat this point, as mixture will be very stiff). Line a bread loaf pan with plastic wrap and press in mixture firmly and evenly. Chill till firm. Cut into 6 bars. These were huge, so I made it into 9 bars.

Approx 5 carbs/15 grams protein per 1/6 recipe.
knorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:56 AM   #87  

oops wrong week!! sorry
knorris is offline   Reply With Quote