Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-22-2010, 08:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Quick pop-in to catch up.

Michele, I hope you got through your tired day OK! Nordstrom has a lot of special occasion dresses under $200. Free shipping on orders of $200 or more so you can get a few sent to you and return what you don't want at the store. I hate paying to return ship something! And Nordies is so good about taking things back.

Jessica, congrats to DH! (and to you -- behind every successful man...)

Allison, when my old lab was a pup he chewed on anything and everything, and there was not a substance on earth that could dissuade him. Strange coincidence that you have a chewing kitten and an abundance of hot sauce, tho.

Shannon, I am dreading wearing heels at a couple upcoming events. I'll be really ticked if I can't run a few days later!

I got this dress for my reunion. It's still at the store -- something about points -- so I put it on hold and then paid for it today and will pick it up this week. It was a splurge so it will have to pass the DH test -- he's gotta love it!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the support everyone.

Michele~I agree on Nordstrom for special occasion dresses. I've "bought" several beaded tops from them so I could try them on at home with the skirt I own so I could see how they work and then returned those that weren't right. They're quite easy to work with. In fact, if you had a personal shopper there, she'd just routinely send you stuff to try on at home and you return what you don't like. I've never done that, but it is tempting.

I was running behind today and didn't have breakfast. I'm starving! And all I have to much on before lunch is my carrots and celery snacks. I hope that gets me through the morning.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #33  
Workin' It

I missed a few posts when I posted last night, oops.

Jessica - congrats on DH's promotion!

Megan - sounds like you guys need a break!

Allison - I saw that the cord protectors had a flavor, didn't think about smell. Hm.

Amy - it is Thursday and my toes on my right foot are almost back to normal. Left foot was okay yesterday. Made for really weird feel in my running shoes on Tuesday - my feet often get a little tingly in my running shoes, but the totally dead toes were different. Take a spare set of shoes and switch off some at your reunion! And love the dress!

Good day for food for me yesterday, but didn't exercise. I fixed dinner for myself and DSS (DH wasn't feeling good) and was cleaning up afterward. While I was in the kitchen I got hot and sweaty all of a sudden and spiked up to 102 degree fever. Didn't get red, but felt like I should have been. Pulled my hair up and it came back down to 99.8-100, hung there for the next few hours. Was still at 99.5 when I went to bed, and my normal temp is 97.6-98.1. Decided not to exercise, took some tylenol and went to bed. Today I get two different temps in my different ears - 100.2 in one, 101.4 in the other (though my ears read a little high), and am getting 94.6 from the mouth thermometer, which is obviously not right. I'm a little congested, throat a little sore, afraid I'm getting a cold or have an ear infection. Blah. Though it actually makes me feel a little better if I was working on a sick when I failed at the run on Tuesday.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 09-23-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:46 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Jessica-- Congrats to your dh! That is exciting!!

Shannon-- hope you feel better!!

I looked at Nordstrom last night and saw a dress that looked perfect. When I clicked on it "unavailable" popped up. Boo! I didn't see anything else appealing but I was in a rush so I'll hopefully find more time tonight to look. I love Black House/ White Market (truly my fave store) but the wedding colors are black and white so I'm trying to steer away from my usual black.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #35  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Megan, remind me where you and BF are going again?

Allison, can you post a comment on your bad review that explains more?

Michele, I like Macy's for formal wear. They usually have a big selection and a lot of sales. I'm no good at shopping online so I would go to the store, personally, but I've pretty much always been able to find something reasonable at Macy's.

Shannon, I hope you feel better soon!

Today at work they're offering a free yoga class during lunch. I am so there. It means I have to push off my NRLW to this weekend, but it's worth it. I haven't been to a yoga class in ages! I hope they start offering it regularly here -- this week is the "trial" period.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
Allison, can you post a comment on your bad review that explains more?
No, once you leave a comment, you cannot leave more unless of course you order from them again, but since I have like a lifetime supply of hot sauce, I probably won't order again!

Shannon~feel better! I've had a very mild sore throat for 3 mornings, now. DS had a cold last week and at first I thought I was coming down with it. But now I'm starting to think it is irritation from the tar smell in the air (a building down the street is being re-roofed).
Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 PM   #37  
Workin' It

Allison - is the review on Amazon or the vendor site? I've been able to change the wording of my review on Amazon before but couldn't change the number of stars. Never tried on a 'rate this seller' in Marketplace.

Michele - I got a flyer in the mail from Limited last night and they had a lot of cute stuff. Also ditto the Macy's.

Jessica - enjoy the yoga!

Anyone remember PhotoChick from here a couple of years ago? I'm having lunch with her today. Planning on not sneezing anywhere near her. Nice to meet people in real life! Sadly, none of you guys live near me!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #38  

I remember PhotoChick! Have a nice lunch.

And the review is on Amazon. They sent an email asking me to rate the seller and I followed the link. Now when I go, that seller is not listed (only the sellers for which I have yet to leave feedback).
Old 09-23-2010, 07:24 PM   #39  
Working My Way Back Down

Allison - hard to know if they'd have sent the order if you didn't leave the review, so I'd not stress over it. As you say - you have a lifetime supply of hot sauce!

We are having such nice fall weather. Cool but for the last couple of weeks. Why couldn't we have had some of this over the summer!

Big excitement today - I finally got a DVR for my TV! The company is having a "3 month free service" promotion so I bit (I've been thinking about getting one for awhile). After that my bill will go up $9/month. Our telephone, cell phone, TV cable, and internet are all in one "bundle" and you get a discount based on how many services you have. My $40 cell phone plan ends up being $34 with the discount, so the DVR may actually end up being less - we'll see.

Then they had an issue with the internet this morning, and when service was restored, I had to reboot the whole system (and the PC). Well, the modems have always been in an awkward place to reach, so I bit the bullet and rearranged everyting on my desk and now they're in a reachable spot. And man was everything dusty Now I need to rearrange the stuff I moved so the desk is useable again. Also got the move the speakers so the volume is easier to reach....
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #40  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,

TGIF! I'm feeling like an old lady today. I'm sore from doing legs yesterday (actually had a great, energetic workout), but my old lady foot problems as BF calls them were killing me last night. I've got to do some work diving today (real work, not fun diving) and I know that won't help them any.

I also feel like a b!@#$ about complaining about my sis b/c I (nicely) emailed my sis about coordinating our Thanksgiving plans, and she totally agreed with me about coordinating days only but not trying to coordinate arrivals. She even said "since you're staying til this day we'll try to stay until then too so we can see you more". Yup, I'm definitely "the mean one" in my family .

Pat, it sounds like you did a good thing reorganizing your electronics bills and your desk! Enjoy the DVR.

Allison, at this point... oh well. They gave you sort of bad service. If they give others good service, your review will be pushed down the page by better ones.

Shannon, how weird your fever came on so quickly. Say hi to photochick for all of us!

Jessica, we're going to the Florida Keys! I'm going for 3 glorious weeks! How was your yoga class?

Amy, nice dress. Let us know if DH likes it!

I've just accepted living where I do that I will have to eat shipping charges, buy several items in the hopes of finding one that fits and looks good, and return the rest. It's sort of annoying, but oh well.

Anyone got fun plans for the weekend?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #41  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Shannon, how did your meetup with PhotoChick go?

Allison, I think there is some sort of throat thing going around 3FC. I got better from the cold I had, but the past couple days the lymph nodes in my throat have been swollen and my throat and ears have been kind of messed up.

Pat, once you have DVR, you will never go back! Which company do you have? I'm thinking about switching back to our ripoff cable company (I have satellite and DSL right now) because they're having a bundle promotion that will save us some money and the rate is good for 2 years. My only concern is that I won't be able to save the 100 hours of TV I have on my DVR!

Megan, glad things worked out with your sis. I know how you feel though, it's tough to coordinate with family that are spread out. I have the same problem trying to coordinate holidays with my sister because she never manages to plan anything more than two weeks in advance, and I like to plan several months in advance! Have fun in the keys!!!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 01:38 PM   #42  

Pat~when I got my new computer last spring, I had to completely tear apart my desk and clean everything! It's amazing how dusty things can get inside a closed armoir! I think electronics really suck the dust to themselves!

Ok, I'm no longer stressing over the review. Thanks everyone!

Plans for the weekend? It'll be another hot one here (110-112--some strange high pressure system going through) so we'll go see movies (couldn't you have guessed? LOL). We'll see Wall Street Money Never Sleeps and You Again. A drama and a comedy. Should be fun. I'm also thinking we ought to go out to dinner one night so we can have DS drive us home in the dark. He has not yet driven in the dark and he needs the practice.

Speaking of DS, yesterday he was driving me home from work and the conversation turned to "what do you want for dinner?" I said we could have ravioli, mac and chili or a big salad, but then said we should save the salad until Friday because DH and I usually go out for lunch and we aren't as hungry for dinner on those days. He said I'm really organized to have all that planned out. Then he said "you've really got this 'life' thing down, don't you?" I thought it was so funny!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #43  
Workin' It

I had a great lunch with PhotoChick yesterday - big veggie stir fry with a little chicken and salmon, five little shrimp, a piece of Naan bread. Yummy.

I am now home sick today - I apparently have a cold. My ears are clogged, my nose and eyes are runny, my throat hurts, I can't stop sneezing, can't lie down flat or I start coughing.... I feel awful, haven't felt this icky in a long time.

Allison - love that comment from DH! And, I'm glad you are better about the review. Those things happen sometimes, the company has to expect sometimes.

Megan - glad it worked out for Thanksgiving. Holidays are tough - I go into survival mode in October and just hope to make it to New Years.

Pat - you will love the DVR! I've had one for years - first a Tivo, then the Comcast DVR. Love love love it. Can't live without it anymore.

Good weekend everyone!
Old 09-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #44  

I had naan for the first time last week. Um, it tasted like a pancake, only a bit stiffer. Nothing special in my book, I guess.

Sorry you're not feeling well, Shannon, but I think Jessica is right, there is something going around 3FC. My sore throat didn't bother me this morning, but it has come back this afternoon, but then again, I smell tar. They must be at it again.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #45  
Workin' It

Allison - I can agree that the Naan wasn't all that. Tasted like a thinner version of the hoecake my grandmother used to make. Got all oily as the meal went on. I should have said that the stir fry was fantastically yummy, and the bread was alright. Not worth the calorie hit, IMO.

I need to spray my keyboard with Lysol.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 09-24-2010 at 04:51 PM.