Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-24-2010, 04:17 PM   #436  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Krampus, I would call that new low one of those "from me, to me" gifts, which are nearly always the best ones. Happy Birthday!

My own weekly weigh-in this morning shows me down from last Friday, as expected, being post-menstrual. I am still a pound & a half from where I want to be.

But I'm not sweating it. I'm happy with my weight. I got one of my Christmas presents a day early, and it's a vintage camel hair coat, size 10 petite. (I had been wanting a real 100% camel hair coat.) It fits me fine, even when I wear a blazer underneath it. There are lots of beautiful clothes in the world. I'll be fine if I never wear an 8 petite again. I think how, years ago, I was a 6 and wanted to be a 4. Now I think: Why?

I'm not sure what the point was, or if life was any better at 6 than 8, or how 4 would have been better than 6 or 8.

Numbers, numbers: Grade point average, salary, net worth, clothing size.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #437  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
I'll be fine if I never wear an 8 petite again. I think how, years ago, I was a 6 and wanted to be a 4. Now I think: Why?

I'm not sure what the point was, or if life was any better at 6 than 8, or how 4 would have been better than 6 or 8.

Numbers, numbers: Grade point average, salary, net worth, clothing size.
That's society dictating to us, as usual. We can't appreciate things for what they are unless they've got numerical value.

I had my 'It's just a number' moment last week when I realised that it doesn't matter if I end up heavier after having a cheat day or meal. 2lbs isn't going to make a huge difference either way. Then yesterday I stopped obsessing over eating 1300cals instead of closer to 1500cals, but only because I miscounted my dinner.

I stepped on the scale today and was shocked to discover that my water weight gain had gone in ONE day! Usually it takes 4days or more. Before Xmas I was 127.0lbs, Boxing Day I was 129.0lbs, and today I hit 126.2lbs! I wanted to reach 125lbs before Jan 1st, but I didn't think it'd be possible after Xmas Day.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #438  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Missed everyone much and had fun catching up on the posts I missed

silverbirch - 6.25!!!! I did a little happy dance in my seat for you just now, excellent work!!

saef - I didnt know you were in NYC, I was just there for xmas week. Would have been cool to grab a cup of coffee and have someone slap the carbs out of my hand

matt - congrats on declaring new redline, woohoo

krampus - I was so excited to see the 123.5 and 'best birthday ever' comments. you kick a$$. Id wish you a belated happy birthday, but Im guessing it cant get any happier…so I will wish you continued success in the next year of your life

I had an amazing last few weeks, with many ups and downs.
- my work holiday party was a real stress reliever, many many compliments both on how I look (gun show comments made in seriousness!) and on how amazing I am at my job. I feel super loved. Pic posted below of super hot dress.
- after that party on the 18th I kinda got crazy. cookies, cupcakes, and all other forms of eating insanity. stopped tracking calories completely. only weighed in once (at 129!).
- went to NYC on 12/22, continued carb binge for one day until I started to feel like absolute crap. bloated, sickly feeling, low energy and carb cravings and desire to eat junk ceased.
- been back on the straight and narrow (with my normal occasional treat), since xmas eve and my body has mostly snapped back into prior form. still not tracking cals and dont have access to a scale.
- workouts have been consistent the entire time at least, and as is usual on vaca I work out more..because I enjoy it and I have the time.

Im in Philly for another 5 days and am just making the most out of it. Found a super cool restaurant here called FUEL. Everything is organic, mostly local and nothing is over 500cal (protein, fat and cal noted for all items on menu!).

xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:41 AM   #439  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Xty, you look amazing!!! I love that dress!

Belated happy birthday Kramp!

My weight is hovering around 138. Not sure how much is still water versus fat gain. I have been making good use of my new bike trainer though -- looks like I have some work ahead of me to get used to the saddle again. I haven't ridden since September and 30 minutes is enough to make my butt sore.

New year's guests are coming tomorrow. Once they are gone, it's time for some clean eating.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #440  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

xty - you look absolutely stunning!

krampus - Memorable birthday - congratulations!

Was browsing some news articles, trying to get some refreshed inspiration while I outwait day 2 and 3 of sugar detox, and came across this one. Good grief, the bit about the fast-food hamburgers almost made me sick. Going to have to bring this one home for DS11. http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatt...ur-weight-gain

Last edited by ICUwishing; 12-29-2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: link not correct
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #441  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

ICUWishing, I will never touch a fast food burger again! (Not that I've had one in... oh... three years or more.) Eeeeuuuuwww!!!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #442  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Jay, that was exactly my reaction! I've eaten far, far fewer of them in the last two years, but that little blurb made them impossibly nauseating, and I doubt I'll be able to look at another one again without thinking about them being the bovine equivalent of hot dogs. And ammonia? Geesh! :X

Sugar detox going well. Minor headache, minor snooziness. Having an enjoyable afternoon of composing a weighted list of health/fitness goals for next year, so that I can fit one metric on a tracker. 2009 was the "year of the scale", 2010 was the "year of holding the scale to a small range", and I want 2011 to become the "year of strength and flexibility".
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #443  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

You look awesome xty! Beautiful

I've increased my running and my legs have been pretty sore lately. I noticed the scale the last few days have been WAY up. I've been eating even less calories than usual, so I know it is water retention. It seems to happen every time my muscles are sore. I even got all the way back up to 185 (almost 6 pounds from the lowest). This morning it was down around 182.

Those sorts of fluctuations used to really discourage me, but now I expected them when I'm sore and know they are just temporary. I expect to be back where I was if not into new territory in the next week or so.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #444  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Xty, you look stunning in that royal blue bandage-wrap dress. That is a fittingly simple setting for your arms & shoulders. Isn't it nice to be able to show off publicly what all our work has accomplished? I'll bet you're usually walking around in long sleeves around this time of year & few who meet you have a hint of the bodily project you've clocked so much time on. But when they do see it, no wonder the "guns" comments come out.

Also, I like how your bangs on the forehead look.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #445  
Working My Way Back Down

Still alive here. Back is better and I'm exercising again. Amazingly weight has held steady, though I'm also amazed at how quickly I get out of shape!

Had a busy Christmas with much visiting, not too many goodies. Now we're trying to finish up year end stuff and get organized for our trip. We leave 1/10 for 4 weeks in Hawaii.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #446  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Happy Belated Holidays EVERYONE

Time for an operation 2011 thread!

will create and try to link...
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/livi...-1-1-11-a.html

Last edited by kittycat40; 01-01-2011 at 10:07 AM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote