Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #1  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Talking Operation 5-10 lbs as of 1.1.11

YEaaahhhhh dude and dudettes!

Here is where we come for commiseration, coordination, calculation and CONGRATULATIONS on those pesky 5-10 or more lbs keeping us from where we want our scales to be.

Onward, forward and downward........
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:38 AM   #2  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

I'd love to join in here please this year if that is ok
On Xmas Eve my weight was at it's lowest of 137.5. As of today I'm at 140, most of which I know is water weight from a bad day yesterday, but still I was going to leave my ticker showing my lowest weight and also my next mini goal down of 137, but have decided New Year, fresh start and so edited it to show today's weight.
I'd ideally like to get my weight down to 132lbs in the next couple of months, which I think I'm going to finally call goal after several adjustments down recently, and then the plan is for 137 to be my red line.
SO, today as well as being 1st Jan '11 is also my first day of my last push to goal and then full on maintenance

Last edited by Loving Me; 01-01-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: adding info
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #3  
needs constant reminding

Happy Healthy 2011 filled with joy and only good things

Hi gang, it's been a while since I've posted. Let me say XTY you are beyond fabulous and beautiful that pic! super!

December was a whirlwind but my food stayed pretty stable. I actually got to vacation goal of 123. Now we are home from a lovely vacation in sunny but not nec. very warm Florida where I did wear a two piece bathing suit, oh yeahhhh, with a partially zipped hoodie over it

The last few days I ate quite a bit and this am my scale was 128. Clean and clean and calorie counting is my food future.

What are you all up to for 1.1.11 and beyyoooonnndddd??
Old 01-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #4  
needs constant reminding

Hi Loving me! Great to meet you Sounds like you have a great plan
Old 01-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #5  
No description available.

, Loving Me!!

Thanks for starting the thread, Kitty. I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote in the 2011 Hopes and Dreams thread, because I think it will help me get this Operation 5-10 thread off to a good start:

2010 was quite a transitional year. Lots of changes with the kids, DH's education and work (still waiting on final word for that!), upheaval at my job, 3 deaths in the family, dealing with past trauma. But I've weathered it all okay and I'm ready to seize that control I can and release that which I cannot control. This is my life, afterall.

Hmmm.....I've had a painful year as far as weight management goes. I've been actively avoiding jeans cause I know I've gained weight. But the thing about weight gain is that it is noticeable to other people. My MIL bought be jeans for Christmas and they are size 14. They are a little loose, but 2 years ago I was in 8s. So.....yeah. I'm sad and I have noone to blame but myself. I'm writng this here so I can see it again next year.

Realistic goals for 2011:
1) Daily weighing
2) Lift weights post call. I'm usually tired and I just don't. But the way my life is, if I don't, then I just end up lifting 2 days in a row, which is not ideal. My other exercise is okay. I need that 3rd lifting day a week and I need it to be a few days away from my other weightlifting opportunities.
3) Write fiction 1 hr a day, 5 days a week.
4) Plan what I eat, eat what I plan.

So, realistic, measurable, should all be effective based on past experience.

I'm jealous you went to FL, Kitty! We were in CO and there was lots of snow. Lots. of. snow. Bleh. Someday I'll vacation at the beach instead!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #6  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning. Happy New Year! And good to see you, Loving Me. You'll like it here.

I weigh less than this time last year which I'm pleased about. More work to do though.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:41 AM   #7  
in development

Thanks for starting this thread, KC!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 AM   #8  
Fighting The Binges

S/C/G: HW274/RW215?/GW137

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone, happy Sunday!
Pleased to see that the scale was down to 139 this morning, so only another 1.5lbs to get off to be back to my low, and then hopefully I can work on entering new territory soon.
Seeing 140 yesterday really made me think and I'm happy with my decision to try for a few more pounds so that I have more maneouvre space for things like weekends and holidays etc. I really didn't like seeing that 4 again so whilst I'm happy to be back in the 130's I'm determined to really make the effort this next few weeks to see if I can get a bit lower.
I've been to the gym this morning and although I didn't manage to run a fast 5k like I'd planned (really struggled to get into the groove so gave up after 2.5k) I did 45mins cardio followed by some ab work, so I'm satisfied.
Loving Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

On Friday morning, the day of New Year's Eve, I was up .4 pounds from the previous Friday morning, the day of Christmas Eve, but this is a small increment & I am not terribly concerned, as long as it doesn't show up again this coming Friday & bring its friends, too.

I'm watching my body shape more than my weight, at this point.

However, my weight is lower than it was at this time last year, and my body has definitely tightened up.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #10  
needs constant reminding

ok, not so much on clean or counted so far this year.
P.M.S. is wreaking havoc on my moods and, as a result, on the moods of those around me. The food sitch is on me, not my hormones. feeling a bit whatev for the very short moment--
extremely stressful day tomorrow and feeling extremely crazed about all things work and family commitment. just get thru today and tomorrow is where I am at.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:44 PM   #11  
in development

Thought you were sounding a bit, er, you know, KC. I'd say Remember To Breathe. one step at a time and you'll get through. Then you can have a think.

Are the boys back at school? That will help (I'm telling myself this).
Old 01-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #12  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Thanks to everyone for the encouraging words about the pic I posted. You are all so sweet and supportive!! This community and even more specifically this thread are things I am so thankful for in 2010 and moving into 2011. xoxo.

midwife - Want to give you a gigantic hug right now. It takes a lot of gusto to admit things have been so hard AND even more to set measurable, attainable goals to make progress. Id be impressed if you managed 1/4 of that, individually they seem reasonable but in combo it is quite a bit. Let us know how it is going. You can do it

saef - funny you say that about shape vs weight. I have been marveling at my legs taking shape. For the first time in my entire life I dare say they are....hot? Shapely? Defined? I keep checking myself out in the mirror in tights/leggings and mini skirts and thinking wow muscle! hehehe. Havent had a weigh in or kept track of cals in weeks. Head back home tomorrow and will weigh in Tues am. Reality check here I come. My jeans dont fit...I did dry them right before I left, so unsure if Ive really gained or if I was just silly for drying them. They were baggy for awhile...

BIG news though...I am in looooooove. Swooning, head over heels, love! With a new workout that is It is called the Lithe Method and it is a mix of cardio, sculpting, dance/ballet/cheer, yoga/pilates with all sorts of crazy props (hanging stretching bands from ceiling, rebounders, balls, weights, ballet bar, balls, etc)...but so much more than I thought reading the description. Sadly my love will be a long distance relationship since it is only offered in Philly If any of you live around there or visit, I highllllly suggest checking it out: http://lithemethod.com (if you can believe it I got a better workout from their intro class than my bootcamp personal trainer sessions)

On an exciting final note, I have received some pretty cool compliments on my *fitness* from various pro athletes and instructors lately that dont know anything about my formerly obese background. That really has me on cloud9. It is always great to receive any kind of compliment on looking good or being fit, but coming from a fitness instructor who I think is amazing and only knows my work in a few classes...wow. Cloud9
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:29 PM   #13  
Working My Way Back Down

I'm here. Too busy to write much now, as the DH is making sounds about dinner. I am marinating chicken, but it needs something with it, I think.

My goal is to lose lots more than 5 lbs, but that will do for a start. I am thinking about a canoe trip in Katmai National Park in September as a goal.

Happy New Year all.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Checking in. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by Valentine's Day. That is very realistic. Starting my day with a nice bowl full of egg white omelet. Good luck to everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #15  
Workin' It

Good morning all. I'm officially back in this thread. Today's weigh in was 132.4. I want to be 127 consistently. So here I am, reacquainting myself with accountability.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote