Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar - could you please send some of that heat our way??
It is gloomy and downright chilly out for the end of May .

Michele - hope things get better for you soon, sometimes its helps to have a good cry - relieves the stress.
I agree with all the others Old Navy seems to have a good selection of stylish plus sized clothing.

I just did a 10k run - it was OK, faster the first 5k - then i petered off.
I am going to do a 18k run on Sunday, only have 2 more long runs after that - then i have to ease up before race day.
Off to the tub to soak and read my new book.

S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:23 PM   #77  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Allison, our district is still on the 4.0 GPA scale. I manage our student info system and the mark tables that come standard have an honors one that changes the calculations. We don’t use it but clearly by the responses you’re getting, it’s becoming the norm. I still think it’s not right for many reasons.

MsP, WTG on your plan yesterday. You’re doing it!

Michele, I’m sorry for your stress and especially your friend and his son. My DS was always dating younger females when he was out of high school. He was in the military and I flat out told him to find a girl his own age, that he’d have trouble up the yahoo if he was stupid. He actually listened. Of course, his wife is younger than he but she was of legal age when they met. And plus sizes, I noticed with said DIL that Deb’s has young clothes and plus sizes.

Shannon, EEKS!!! A brazilian??? You are so brave. I totally stank at trying to recreate the hairstyle this morning. I shall try again tomorrow. It was so cute but now it is a memory. Enjoy your new W and the new dryer when it comes on Tuesday. I bet they’ll be more careful.

Sheila, I feel your weather pain.

Dagmar, excellent job on the not overeating. One beer is so small in the scheme of things. I think if I was standing in the freezer door trying to cool off, I’d have gotten a spoon out and cooled my mouth with some ice cream.

Sznn, what book are you reading? I’m always looking for suggestions.

I did the best I could on a state report that is mammoth and has far reaching consequences. I’m still irritated our district scheduled a furlough day on one of my most important work days (tomorrow). I know that I should get an opportunity to make edits in a week or two so I’ll scour for discrepancies when bored with the other six reports coming due. I didn’t chomp on my chocolate stash during the crunch so I have been on track this week. I always like that. And now I have a 5 day weekend. Normally I wouldn’t complain about that but I truly don’t know how to do my job to my expectations. I could give away my time but I’m very against doing that. So I shall just keep working as hard as I can while at work. That’s why my posts are now in the evening.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 PM   #78  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Too many posts to respond to, but today was another good day. I did have a dessert after supper that I hadn't planned. I didn't over eat but I couldn've passed on it I guess. I was SUPER good all day with tons of activity. I shoulda kept the momentum going. Tomorrow will be the big challenge with the all-night grad party DH and I are chaperoning....lots of food all night long. I have planned food to bring and I will keep my cals low tomorrow to allow for the fact that I will be awake all night and eating periodically. I better get to bed....I'm gonna need it!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:52 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Good Morning!

It's Friday! I have internet and a telephone

I've been at or under my stated current ticker weight for over a week now . Time to lose that last 5 lbs. that's been hanging around forever!

Ever get one of those shifts in your life when you feel the tide is turning? I'm at that point now I think. Things are getting a whole lot better.

I always find it much easier to attain goals when I'm in a positive frame of mind

Have a great day and happy Memorial Day weekend to our American folks

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #80  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Sznn, good luck on your race!

Speaking of running, yesterday DH asked me to find out how many weeks were left until this race in November which has a marathon & half marathon. It's 23 weeks, and I figured he was asking because we had vaguely talked about him doing a half. Then he says, no, he wanted to do the FULL marathon! I think I talked him out of it. Not that I have anything against marathons, but DH has a history of tackling unattainable fitness goals, then injuring himself trying to achieve them, then feeling crappy because he didn't meet his goal and quitting exercising because "exercise just makes me get injured." I told him to do the half this year, then depending how it goes think about the full marathon next year. I told him maybe he'll get bored running for so long and decide to join me on triathlons next year -- and he immediately is asking me how far Iron Man distance is!

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad DH is setting some fitness goals, but I don't want to deal with another overtraining injury for him.

Dagmar, great job staying OP on the cat sit! Isn't it so much easier to stay healthy in summer?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

TGIF!!!

Question for you all...... my weight has been steadily climbing (again) the last 5 days or so. Today it was up 2 pounds from yesterday and my joints hurt. Would water retention cause my joints to hurt? Nothing severe but my ankles, wrists, etc. are sore. My rings are super tight too which is usually my water retention barometer.

I was so exhausted yesterday that I took a nap after work instead of going to my hip hop class. I never take naps! I did go to the gym later but I'm still tired today. Jozi is happy that I didn't take her to school today! I'm waiting to hear more from my friend-- her messages to me yesterday were fairly scattered so I'm not entirely sure what is going on with her son-- she said he was taken into custody in handcuffs and is in jail. She also said the felony was reduced to a misdemeanor but I don't know what his sentence is, how long he'll be in jail, etc.

Did I say TGIF!!!!!???
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yes, TGIF AND a 3 day weekend!!!

DS must be feeling the effects of not going to Karate. After work yesterday he changed into his new workout pants (for when he starts his Krav Maga classes) and came and asked advice on using the treadmill. He did 2 miles although he only wanted to run one. He did have to take a break half way through and get a sweat towel! We don't have the AC turned on in that room (we're using swamp coolers right now as they're more efficient and comfortable, but they don't really reach in there very well).

I'm not feeling great today. I've been trying and trying, but not really accomplishing anything. I look at my little Yoda saying and realize I'm not following his advice. I think this I will be forced to make a change. I know, kind of cryptic, but I MUST get off at least 10 of these 18 pounds. Now. I mean it.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Dagmar, yey for being under the ticker weight and the new positive outlook! It's definitely easier to accomplish things that way.

Jessica, your husband's ambition cracks me up! Hopefully you can convince him to go for the half and he'll feel good about it rather than defeated and injured from going nuts trying to train for and run a marathon!

Michele, from ehow.com "As our bodies become imbalanced, excess fluid in the bloodstream accumulates in the joints. This excess fluid puts pressure on muscles and joints and causes pain. This pain is a signal that there is a problem. Water retention typically starts with the feet and ankles and can move to the hands, fingers, elbows, neck and spine." And the best solution is to drink more water: http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4616914...ct-joints.html Hopefully I succeeded in making that a link!

Allison, you know what changes to make - you can do it!

I'm getting ready for what looks to be a big weekend, and am still inexplicably exhausted .
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:46 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the link Iris! I've had such a crazy busy week that I bet I am dehydrated. That, coupled with probably more sodium than usual, is probably the issue. I'll drink copius amounts today and this weekend and see if it helps!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #85  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Hey all! Just a quick check-in before the day gets crazier...followed by a fun/busy weekend. I think I mentioned that tonight we have the all-nighter at the high school. I am in a good place right now, so the goal is to not eat all the junk that will be sitting out all night. I did okay last year, so here's to eating healthy snacks that I bring and drinking plenty of fluids!

Have a happy, healthy Memorial weekend!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Michele, hope the water helps. I hate that swollen feeling, especially my hands--like sausages.

MsP, is this a graduation thing at the H.S.?

Iris, take a nap, but just for 20 min. Maybe that will help. Or copious amounts of caffeine.

Allison, hope you're feeling better. Not fun feeling bad for a 3-day weekend.

Hi to everyone else! Dang, this thread moves fast.

My DD is surprising her Dad today by coming home for the weekend. Well, the surprise is now on her because he has to work all weekend. He was offered 5 days of FTO if he worked the next three days--an offer he couldn't refuse, and I couldn't say, no, don't do it because it would ruin the surprise. Plus I like the idea of five extra days of vacation.

Today I'm seeing the nutritionist and getting testing done to check my muscle mass, BMR (is that how many calories you burn at rest?) and some other things. Then we'll formulate a plan for helping with the osteoporosis, losing the 10 lbs. I've gained, and eating gluten- and dairy-free. I've been doing well on the gluten, but it's a pain eating out. I guess that's good, though, because that makes me plan more to avoid eating out.

Have a good weekend, everyone!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #87  
Working My Way Back Down

Sooo amazing for Alaska this time of year! And it's supposed to continue through the weekend. Although everything is very dry, and we could use the rain, everyone is happy and out enjoying the weather.

We have no plans for the weekend other than to finish getting our veggie garden in, mow the grass, yada yada. We have seldomed traveled far on long weekends due to all the traffic (lots of tourists here to add to the normal propulation).
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #88  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey... Where is Kim (happytobeamomof2)? I thought we would have heard something from her...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #89  
Chuggin' along...

Hi everyone

Sorry I dropped off the radar for a bit. I probably won't be around as much as I normally am for a while. As you know I do marine research on the coast of Florida, so I have been busy doing a lot of pre-oil-spill sampling. No oil is here yet, but there is so much I think it's only a matter of time. We're trying to do all this extra oil spill work in addition to normal work, and someone is leaving today, so we'll be short-staffed again. It's depressing to think this beautiful area where I live could be wiped out. It's also been very stressful for my BF, financially as a fisherman, and also as someone who appreciates the natural beauty here. What a pair. We watch CNN every night until I ask him to change it b/c I can't take it anymore (I get 5 different oil forecasts in my inbox at work every day, too). Anyway, I've been insanely busy at work, working lots of overtime, and I usually check 3fc at work (hehe ).

My weight has been ok though - I've been acting like a decent maintainer, weight is steady, though I still haven't progressed far and gotten any of the extra off. I can't deal with that right now. I've been trying to eat healthily and go to the gym for stress relief and have been holding my weight steady. I need to get back to journaling but don't have the time!

I'm so excited I get a 3-day weekend to relax. Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Now I've got to run b/c my closest friend here is moving (wah!), and a group of us are meeting for one last drink and hang out before she leaves town. I hope I'm here more - I've missed ya'll! I want to catch up with you!

Megan
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:37 PM   #90  
No description available.

Megan, it's such a disaster....I'm sorry.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote