Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #16  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

So I have a meeting with my boss's new boss in an hour, and I decided to eat my apple, and it dripped juice all over the front of my shirt (one of those drops that falls off, and before you can catch it it's dropped its way all the way down from your chest to your navel). Ugh. I put some water on it, but I am not confident it will dry before the meeting. Sadly, my sweater will only cover the spots on the lower half, leaving a big wet blotch on my chest. Ugh!

Oh, the dangers of snacking on healthy foods...
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Meg, what's up with your plumbing?

Bill, I like your thinking.

Dagmar, happy Victoria Day! Sorry about the early wake-up call from kitties. Do you lake or river paddle? We haven't bought our "mussel" sticker yet so have to do that before we take our kayaks out. I need to get strong so I can go up and down the river so we don't need two cars since we only have one.

Wardhog, hope you have a good week, too.

Losermom, sounds like a garden to me.

Shannon, we loved our kids' dentist. She was like a grandma to them; probably one of the first woman dentists. She took their photo every visit so we have a record of how tall they got in the chair every six months. She cleaned their teeth, too, so she was an all-purpose dentist. The kids looked forward to their dental visits.

MsP, great start to the week! We watched Lost, too, then even got sucked into a little Jimmy Kimmel afterwards.

Sznn, happy birthday! Congrats on the 15K--a nice way to celebrate getting older.

Jessica, I'd like it a bit warmer than the 60 it's supposed to get to, but not in the high 80s yet. Save that for the "real" summer.

Hi, Allison

Michele, how cool to bring your dog--the kids must love it.

Iris, glad you're getting the A/C in even though the weather's turned better.

We went over to my son's house to watch Lost last night. My DS and DH both love that show, well, loved it, I guess. Not sure how I feel about the ending, but at least it wasn't a dream. Or was it?

Back to the gym for cardio this morning, then to my trainer's little gym where she kicked my butt, of course. Since I wasn't feeling well last week, I hadn't worked out at all so it felt even harder than it usually is. Today I stood on two Bosus stacked on top of each other--talk about shaky. But I managed to do tiny squats. I think most of the shakiness came from tired legs since she'd already worked me hard before then. She said she wakes up at 3:00 am sometimes and thinks up these weird exercises.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Talking one heckuva nice day!

Our kayak was terrific ! Calm water and just a hint of wind, and sunny throughout without being too hot. I got DH out on the lake in the morning and it's always cooler and quieter than in the afternoon. We kayak mostly on Lake Ontario but it's kinda sheltered because there's a large island just off Toronto and several large coves etc. Out on the full lake is a little too much for me - I'm a ninny !

It is definitely hot up here where we live. DH did manage to install the small AC in our bedroom so it'll be fine for sleeping. The rest of the main floor is kinda hot but hey! it's almost June! The larger AC unit will have to wait until next weekend.

DH's room downstairs is nice and cool for studying, which he has been putting off all weekend. I have to go roust him out now.

We are going to the fireworks display down at the lake tonite so he'll have to get a couple of hours of work in before that.

Have a great night all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 PM   #19  
Working My Way Back Down

Morning! Another day here, after a weekend of the same. I got my hair cut first thing so I feel spiffy now. I'm about to have some lunch then go for a bike ride!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #20  
Workin' It

Happy birthday, Susan!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #21  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Ward~I have been behaving like a maintainer. BUT I should be behaving like a dieter.
Me, too.

Sznn!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #22  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

I’m with Meg, Bill. I’d want some fresh mozzarella in my tomato/basil creation. I have my both of those plants ready for the outdoors when the snow ends. My tomatoes are 18” high and need to be planted.

Dagmar, have a great week even though it’ll be hectic.

Shannon, sounds like your weekend was way more fun than your investigation week will be. It is hard to watch your child go with the medical professional and let them grow up.

Happy Birthday Sznn!!!!

Jessica, I’d love 10 pepper plants. I slice my sweet peppers and use my food saver to vacuum seal them and freeze them. Then I have them ready sliced at any point. I love putting them in my egg beater scrambled eggs for tasty volume and low calories.

MsP, I think triathlon and easy don’t belong in the same sentence. Good luck on it!

Michele, good luck on the 27K book task. At first I thought you were bringing your Dane to work to scare the kids into returning the books. Then I kept reading and saw the explanation.

Sheila, sounds like your trainer is a little on the sadistic side. But then you’ll get your wish to be strong so you can paddle up and down the river.

I have tomorrow off. One of the off type of things with working for a school district. The use it or lose it by the end of the fiscal year. I have 7 days to use by June 30th and this is my busiest time of the year (until July 15th). Some would say plan better but then what if I had an emergency and needed time? I’d also tried to donate 3 days to an employee who was injured OTJ and they denied it. She’s out for 3 months for neck surgery. So… I have time off and it’s just going to stress me out more. And Friday is a furlough day. Regardless, my doggies and I will have a nice time. I’m gonna crank up the wood stove and make my house 85 degrees and pretend I live where summer is coming.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I did tomato plants this winter as that is the best time to do them here in the desert. I found that Labradors ADORE tomatoes. Ok, I knew that already, but I really thought they'd leave the plants alone. I was wrong.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Marie-- what do you do again? I also have 3 days I need to take before the end of the school year but have no idea how/when I can use them. I work an extra week after the kids are done and I'll probably take them that week.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #25  

Hi maintainers,

Another one here that should do like the dieters...but it is only asparagus season untill june 15th, the farm in the village has prize winning quality and they are so good with wine sauce & salmon!

Sznn happy belated birthday!

I had a good long weekend as well, mainly gardening, starting up the pool & mounting a giga-size mirror in DSs bathroom.

it's nice to read about everyone's activities now the weather is turning to spring & summer.

Biking to work today, and planning to enjoy the weather more,

have a great day all,
Rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:23 AM   #26  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
but it is only asparagus season untill june 15th, the farm in the village has prize winning quality and they are so good with wine sauce & salmon!
I love asparagus!! Our season is about done. The last bunch I got was too large in diameter, and a little tough. Love salmon too.......
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:39 AM   #27  

Talking Good Morning!

I am going to get through the next 3 days without overeating. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

I'll be back online Friday.

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Old 05-25-2010, 05:49 AM   #28  
Meg

Happy birthday, Sznn!

You can do it, Dagmar!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #29  

Happy Birthday Sznn!

Dagmar
Old 05-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #30  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Happy Bday Sznn! Whew, the costumes are done and they are in the washing machine being dyed. The pieces that I dyed wine came out kind of purple so I threw them in with the green. We'll see how that pans out. Feeling good about my food intake so I'm on track there.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote