Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Shanna,
I am continuing to pray for you and your family. It sounds like you have great support and are doing as well as could be expected. The fact that you are coherent and functioning shows your strength in this difficult time. I am on facebook and it sounds like you understand it correctly (with the postings).

Shannon-- I see why you have no excuse not to exercise!! I belong to 24 hour fitness so that is my mantra-- it is open 24 hours-- I really can't say I don't have the time to exercise!!

Iriswhispers-- you'll do great!!!! Most hospital volunteers are the elderly (at least what I've seen) and you will be so much more "in tune" with what is going on. You are just having fear of the unknown-- perfectly normal and I experience it all the time. Once you go once, you'll wonder why you were so nervous! Good luck!!

I hope everyone has a successful and wonderful weekend.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #92  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I've been missing again for a couple weeks. My best friends mother has been extremely ill with Congestive heart failure. I've stayed at the hospital with her almost 24/7 lately. She finally passed on last Saturday. It was very hard since Vonda and I are best friends since we were 5 years old. Losing her mother was like losing my own mother all over again.

Being away from home so much and eating hospital food and snacks definitely affected my weight. I'm up 4 more lbs., so now a total of 10 extra lbs. to lose. I'm hoping that all the extra golfing will help lower this. I'm now playing a women's league on Tuesdays and Couples League on Fridays.

Allison, I finally ordered my new golf clubs yesterday (the Adam's AS03's) and can't wait til they come in. I played 27 holes of golf yesterday and DH and I came in 2nd place in the couples tournament. Out of 52 couples playing, I thought this was pretty dang good.

I'm once again focused on trying to lose weight. Yesterday was back to lots of veggies and salads for me!
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #93  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Sneaking in here today while I should be doing chores.

Can't stay long as I am up 8 pounds over my red line...no maintaining here

FACEBOOK Angie has been on for about a month now....I told her last night that I might have to get on and be her friend just so I can talk to her ....she said "What if I won't let me be your friend?"...I said really?...she said get a page and find out!....I'm scared.....

SHANNA ~Continued prayers and ...One thing I have always looked at, in terrible tragedies that we will never be able to explain, is that God is there, even though we don't feel or see it sometimes. One thing that has always helped me is the Easter story...how on Good Friday things look so bleak....hopeless...yet 3 days later Hope has been restored forever Sadness still stays because of what has happened but little by little hope restores the beauty of life. We have learned in my house to give all un-wanted situations that happen to us 3 DAYS...we have always found that in 3 DAYS things have always been different...maybe not always better...but different....we focus on that rather the pain as much as possible. Sorry for dragging this out.

LILY ~ What a great day....golfing with the DH!

YOU ARE ALL DOING SO WELL ...maybe I can come back before spring is over....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #94  

Off topic, but have any of you been on an Alaskan cruise? We are cruising in August and looking at shore excursions. Totally overwhelmed with the choices (and the costs). Probably will be the only time in our life to go so don't want to miss any must see trips! Our ports are Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, and Victoria.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question Duuuhhh??

I did a search of 3FC, using the search thing in the purple bar at the top of the page, and put in "facebook". I got a bunch of different forums but no facebook group.

Could someone help me out please? I have a facebook page and would be interested in joining the 3FC facebook group. Could someone post a link that I can go to?

Thanks,
Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #96  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Go to Facebook and log in.

Enter "3FC" in the Search box in the upper right.

You'll see 3FC Friends in the list.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #97  
Workin' It

Hey Dagmar - I searched for your first name in Toronto, ON - there are two!

3FC Friends group on Facebook

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 04-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #98  
Workin' It

Lily - sorry to hear about your friend's mom. well, your 'mom', too it sounds like. No situation like that is easy, but congestive heart failure is often exceptionally hard on the people watching, I know.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:27 AM   #99  
Meg

Good Sunday morning! Can you believe this weather? I think it's hot almost everywhere! Today is supposed to be 87 degrees. We went from winter to summer and completely missed spring.

I'm off to the gym and then church with family from out of town. My father has decided that we're all having breakfast after church at a pancake house where there are no good choices. I'm sure I can figure out something but it's frustrating to waste precious calories on food I wouldn't willingly choose to eat. But I'll do it for the family!

Work has been hectic and I need a day to catch my breath.

Michele, I haven't been on an Alaskan cruise but it sounds fun!

Good to see you again, Lily.

to everyone else and have a lovely Sunday!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Thank you Jay!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #101  
Workin' It

Meg - same thing here with the weather... a brief period of spring, then almost 90 yesterday. Good luck at the pancake house!

Michele - my aunt and uncle went on an Alaskan cruise and absolutely loved it!

Iris - I missed your post about the hospital, I'm sure you will be great. It seems odd to me, too, that nursing home work isn't counted towards clinical experience. Elder care requires a lot of skill and knowledge of a wide variety of items. I bet you will find that your experience there comes in vary handy working with adult inpatient care, in any type of unit.

Shanna - thinking about you today.

Gary - I hope Angie lets you be her FB friend.

I'm thinking I'm about to go cut some grass. Or, weeds, more like it... The liquid weed killer we put down just doesn't have a chance against stuff blowing over from the empty lot with no sod next door... Good Sunday all!
Old 04-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #102  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Shannon, have fun in the yard!

I just finished a very warm run. Ahhh ... I love the smell of sweat and sunscreen in the morning!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #103  
lilybelle

Gary, I'm always very happy when DH and I get to play golf or go fishing together. Thursday we did all the yard work together and even that wasn't too bad.

Michele, I'd love to go on an Alaskan cruise! My 3rd oldest SD went last year and loved it.

Shannon, yes it was very hard. My own mother had CHF too as well as liver disease. It made for a very lingering death for both of them. I just tell myself they are in a better place now and their suffering is over.

I'm afraid my son's being home will be fairly shortlived. He has decided to join the coast guard. He leaves to their basic training in July. At least he'll be stationed stateside and we'll be able to visit with him sometimes. I'm not sure what prompted his decision. He just says "I'm military and that is where I want to be". His goal is to train to be a rescue swimmer. I hate to see him leave again, but he has to live his own life and do what he thinks will make a good career for him. I am very proud of him!

Last edited by lilybelle; 04-26-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #104  

You should be so proud of him Lily. I'm sorry he won't be home longer though. My father-in-law is a retired Captain from the Coast Guard. It was a wonderful career for him (Vietnam Veteran). My dh got to live in many places including Singapore (twice), Texas, Florida, Louisiana and Maryland. At least you have him until July....
Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #105  
lilybelle

Thanks Michele. My 3rd oldest SD is also in the Coast Guard. She is currently in A-school and is stationed in North Carolina.