Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
I've been fretting about my newest endeavour: volunteering at the hospital. I'm doing it mainly because I want to go back to med school and they want "clinical experience" (which, really, I worked in a nursing home, does that not count?). I'm very excited about the unit I was placed in - an adult inpatient unit - because the hospital really isn't my goal, I want to work in a family practice, and this is a bit closer to that. However, I have been inexplicably NERVOUS about it and haven't actually started yet.
You'll do great. After all, medical school will be a whole series of explicably nerve-wracking experiences, no? When I'm nervous about something, I find it helps to focus on learning what I can, instead of on doing *right.*

Last edited by JulieJ08; 04-24-2009 at 01:54 PM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 PM   #77  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Allison, Michele, and Jessica - I sent requests to all of you, so don't be shocked.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:40 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardHog View Post
Allison, Michele, and Jessica - I sent requests to all of you, so don't be shocked.

Great! I'll be looking for it. I'm loving facebook! I've reconnected with my old best friend from grade school and I can keep an eye out for my dd at college and my high school dd!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

FB is pretty amazing. I joined my high school class and keep wondering who people are! I don't know how large my graduating class was, but I'm thinking around 300 and there are some people that I just don't remember (names or faces!). My DD and I use it almost exclusively to "talk" to each other. Before that it was texting. This is better as I can see her face!! I just sent a message to my friend who lives in southern Switzerland to see if she has any recommendations for Italy as she goes there often.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #80  
Workin' It

My DSS has been well behaved for the last two weeks, hasn't gotten in trouble at school, has been getting smiley faces on his sheets with comments about how much help he has been, until today...

The trike-a-thon was today... He did great during it, but when it came time to stop and go inside he refused to get off his trike and go in. Anyone know anything about Oppositional Defiant Disorder?

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 05-11-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #81  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Allison! Did your DD go to Wildwood music camp??? I went there two years and I couldn't help thinking of it when you said she went to music camp in San Bernadino. Wildwood is in Arrowbear. I think that name is hilarious -- they were like, well, it's in between Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear . . . Arrowbear! The mountains out there are gorgeous, I had a friend who got married at Lake Arrowhead and my aunt used to have a cabin in Big Bear.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #82  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

About facebook you guys, I did a search and it turns out someone has already started a 3FC facebook group! If you seach for 3fc you'll find it.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #83  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
Allison! Did your DD go to Wildwood music camp??? I went there two years and I couldn't help thinking of it when you said she went to music camp in San Bernadino. Wildwood is in Arrowbear. I think that name is hilarious -- they were like, well, it's in between Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear . . . Arrowbear! The mountains out there are gorgeous, I had a friend who got married at Lake Arrowhead and my aunt used to have a cabin in Big Bear.
YES!!! She did Arrowbear for two years and Wildwood one year (she got a scholarship to that one otherwise I doubt we would have heard of it). Funny thing about Wildwood--it was held on the campus of a 1st Adventist church. As we drove in I mentioned to her that she may have to go vegetarian for the week. She disagreed--she has a friend who is Adventist and isn't' a vegetarian. Well, after a week of tofurkcy, soysage, and what not, the camp counselors suggested we take our kids out to steak dinner!!! I'd really like her to be a counselor at one of these camps some summer, but this summer she just wants to take more classes.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #84  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
About facebook you guys, I did a search and it turns out someone has already started a 3FC facebook group! If you seach for 3fc you'll find it.
Found it. Joined. Glory is there, too.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #85  
Workin' It

I worked out today when I got home! Woo-hoo! 82 minutes of work with the swiss ball, weider, jumprope, handweights and running up and down the stairs. Whew.

I'm going to look for that facebook group!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #86  
No description available.

This Facebook thing is fun! Ok, I gotta look for the 3fc group too. I've searched 3 Fat Chicks on Facebook but never found, uh, quite what I was looking for.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #87  
Workin' It

Default My garage, or, why I have no excuse not to exercise...

Sharing some pics I took today...The unseen items are a jump rope, a swiss ball (I use it in the guest room so it won't get dirt and crud all over it), two yoga mats with bricks and straps and an Iron Gym pullup bar. I should have stock in Icon Fitness...
Old 04-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #88  
one bite at a time

S/C/G: 180/134/123

Height: 5' 3.75"

Hey there, just wanted to drop in and say hello. We're... well, we're holding up I guess. There are no words....

On the other hand, I've discovered a really successful diet plan - would never recommend it to anyone though. This morning I was down to 126. I am eating - our house is FULL of food, unbelievable amounts of food - and flowers. We are truly loved. I'm eating at least three times a day - my DH and friends are making sure of it... it's the stress I guess. And maybe dehydration from all the tears.

Tomorrow we are going to Ryan's house where he lived with a group of friends. We have to pack up his things. I don't know how I'll survive that. The next week, with that and the memorial, and the ashes - I guess we're going to do a burial at sea at some point - it's going to be - to continue to be the hardest week of my life.

But this is about staying healthy, and I am still aware of that. Emotional and physical health. I'm doing what I can to take care of myself. I'm still spending time each morning alone with God, praying and reading the Bible. I've done some stretching each day, deep breathing, went for a long walk in the sunshine today with my little girls and husband. Eventually we'll get through the worst of this, and I'll still have to live in my head and body, so I have to take care of myself even through this nightmare. I don't want to wake up 6 months or a year from now and be back at 178 or higher like the last time my life turned upside down.

thanks for listening! Take care!!
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #89  
one bite at a time

S/C/G: 180/134/123

Height: 5' 3.75"

ps: I signed up for facebook today because one of Ryan's friends created a memorial page for him and I had to sign up to see it. They are also posting tons of pictures on myspace. I don't really get the facebook thing - I mean the posting part of it. So, when ever anyone in my friends group posts a message it shows up on my page and when I post it shows up on all of my friends pages?
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:35 AM   #90  

everyone. I'm almost caught up after the trip.

Jessica, I posted my race report on the runner's thread over in Exercise. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...7&postcount=70

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote