Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 04:05 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Well, here's my day so far...

B~2 eggs
S~1 c strawberries
L~lean pocket ham & cheese, carrots, pea pods (about 1 cup combined), Activia yogurt and 1.5 c strawberries
S~nothing--dentist appointment
D~salad and something on the grill, probably steak

E~1 hour walk after dinner
Old 05-08-2008, 04:49 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

I too am having a great OP day!
I appreciate all of the inspiration and motivation you all give!

Here is my eats today!

B-Double fiber WW English Muffin (110)
1 TBSP natural peanut butter (100)
1/2 banana sliced on top (50)

S-Dannon lite cherry vanilla yogurt(60)

L- 1 Rubios Health-mex chicken taco (150)
small side of pinto beans (130)

S-probably will have an apple

D-probably will have grilled chicken breast atop a mound of salad veggies w/lite balsalmic dressing

This is great sharing our menus and exercise because it really makes you want to stick to your plans and goals!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Megan--
I am thinking about trying a belly dancing class this summer but am a little apprehensive. Don't know why, but I guess my lifetime of shyness keeps me from trying new things sometimes. I'm asking a few friends to see if they're interested but so far, no takers. If I can't find anyone, I'll venture out by myself-- there I said it, so I have to do it!

I used to do the same thing with the gym-- tried to get dh or dd to go with me. But it was way to easy to skip if they didn't go. So now I'm going by myself whether I have a partner or not. It's not as if I can exercise with them anyway!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #94  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I guess my 174.6 yesterday was not a fluke. I was at 174.0 this morning...boy less alcohol really makes a big difference...well...when you have as many as I do...wink! Took the mutts for 3.5 miles this morning and 4 miles after work on the TM. Skipped breakfast again..have to STOP that!! Had 3 Hebrew National low cal. hot dogs again on tortillas and just a little cheese...and a big handful of chips again....that was my downfall...again...drinking a lot of water.

You are all doing so awesome!!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #95  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Just about 11 PM now and I will be turning into bed shortly. So this day is just about over and I am pleased to report it was another perfectly on plan day. And it is Day two for me without any sugar free candy.

Now comes the weekend. I am feeling fairly confident though & not really worried about it at all. Amazing what having one good one under my belt can do for a gal. I've got it all planned out and I've got this thread. A winning combo if I do say so myself. Mother's Day really won't be an inssue. Mom's making a turkey and I'm bringing the side dishes. I've got 2 salads planned. As well as roasted spicy sweet potatoes. And a zuchini/mushroom/carrot /onion//tomato dish.

Without a doubt everyone's great success is spurring me on. What a team! We are unstoppable!!!!

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-08-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:33 AM   #96  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

POP again today. Even got to eat a banana. Can I just say how much I love bananas!

B: FF plain yogurt with High Fiber Cereal and raspberries
S: Decaf coffee with FF half and half and SF Torani, baked tofu
L: Wrap of smoked salmon, spreadable cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, spreadable cheese, broiled apricot, and chives; marinated mushrooms; picked beets; pickles; Green Giant immunity boost frozen veggies; four sesame coated walnut pieces
S: Oat bran with FF cream cheese, cherries, and SF Torani--YUM!
S: Fiber One muffin, FF cream cheese, Yogurt Chickpea Salad, banana--YUM again!
D: Red Banana Chicken (more bananas--and beer--YUM!), brown rice, green salad with local dressing
S: Banana-cherry-chocolate muffin (hmmm, really have a banana theme going today) with FF cream cheese (sweetened with Splenda), tea with FF half and half and SF Torani

Thursday is my biggest exercise day. I did 25 min of intervals and a 1-hour circuit training class
Old 05-09-2008, 05:22 AM   #97  
Meg

Yawn! I'm trying to wake up to get to the gym for legs and cardio. What to eat?

M1: Egg, whites, oatmeal
M2: Protein shake w/blueberries
M3: Salad w/salmon, strawberrries, LF dressing
M4: 12-bean soup
M5: Apple and PB
M6: Grilled chicken and roasted asparagus
Old 05-09-2008, 09:36 AM   #98  
Chuggin' along...

Hi all,

I kept myself busy in the garden and doing laundry until it was dinnertime last night. I almost gave into the munchies, but I made myself go get ready for class and by that time I had to leave so I wouldn't be late. When I got home, I had a cup of skim milk and went to bed. Total calories for yesterday: 1550.

Today is Friday and I always worry about the weekend a little bit. I just need to remember "no excuses!"

Michele, I'm really excited that people in my teensy, rural, southern town have started offering a few "alternative" workout type thing e.g. yoga, belly dancing, tai chi (I know these aren't all that alternative, hence the quotes, but this county is stuck in time a few decades ago). It's something different, y'know? I'm pretty uncoordinated so my aim is not to perform, just to have fun. I took a few classes last summer, and hopefully a few more this summer. It really does work your core muscles, is something different, and you get to meet new people. You should definitely try it!

Once again Meg is awake before us all. We're lunch twins!

Barbara, sounds like a great exercise ( & food!) day!

Robin, way to keep saying no to that sf candy. And of course you can handle the weekend! You can handle anything!

Gary, sounds like you've been getting some excellent walking miles in lately. LOL, roommate #1 and I always lament about how "men can give up alcohol and lose 10 lbs in a week, it's not fair!" Great job!

Hey Tammy, did you ever go to the gym?

azmom, Allison, Evangeline, Jessica, Susan, Laurie, keep up the good work!
Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm at the mercy of my Mom for lunch and already well aware that every one of the extra calories I've eaten this week was mine to choose.

But exercise was good and I am losing!!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #100  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Yay no excuses!!!! My "official" weigh-in today was 137.2, the lowest I've seen since last November!!

Now I just need to stay on track this weekend for once. I have two meals out scheduled for this weekend so I'll try to make good choices.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Lunch today with friends . Dinner Saturday with son and wife for Mother's Day. Lunch Sunday with another son for Mother's Day. Plan to make good choices......we'll see.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
boy less alcohol really makes a big difference...well...when you have as many as I do...wink!
Amen to that!!!

I haven't cracked open a bottle of wine all week and instead have been having a small cocktail each night and what a difference! I'm down 4 pounds!!! Imagine where I could be if I cut out the cocktail!!!

POP yesterday, but I woke up famished! Dinner last night was a small (4 ounce) grilled steak (filet) and a huge salad. I didn't even do the low cal dressing, but I did keep it at under 2 T. I skipped the ice cream cones everyone else was eating, but I have to admit I did indulge in a small sweet treat--1/2 T PB and 1/2 T chocolate fudge (the kind for hot fudge sundaes). I put it on a spoon and happily licked it while everyone else enjoyed their cones!!

Plan for the day:

B~homemade egg mcmuffin (scrambled egg white, ww English muffin, 2 slices turkey ham lunch meat and 2 T low fat cheddar)
S~ooops, left it at home
L~lunch with DH at our favorite Italian place
D~meatball with sauce over ww noodles and a big salad (I'll limit my portion)

E~1 hour walk with DH
Old 05-09-2008, 12:23 PM   #103  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yay for us all!

So the verdict - a week of travel, including a restaurant meal I thought might be a bit on the high side calorie wise yesterday (it was just a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad, but the bun was huge and I did eat all of it), plus plane water retention, and I am...down 1 lb. I'm now .8 lbs from my "in my head" goal weight, which is 3 lbs above what is on my sidebar (162 = not sustainable or good looking on me, so I bumped goal to 165...I should update that).

Went to the grocery store this morning so I'd have no excuses not to eat well. I am baking tonight, and that'll be a gauntlet, so I'm planning for one (one!) small peanut butter cookie as my dessert.

B - WW low carb tortilla, egg beaters, 1 oz turkey breast
S - Watermelon
L - White bean soup cooked with garlic, carrot, and celery
S - Greek yogurt w/ strawberries
S - Popcorn
D - Giant salad with tons of veggies and about 2/3 cup grilled chicken, spray dressing
S - Peanut Butter Cookie
Old 05-09-2008, 12:55 PM   #104  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Jessica~ congrats! that's awesome

Mandalinn~ for you
Old 05-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #105  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Sorry I haven't been able to check in more!

Hope everyone is doing really well
Closed Thread