Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #76  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

weighed in at 174.6 this morning...we shall see if it is the real deal tomorrow. I attribute my 4 pound loss in the last 8 days to this thread ~ more miles ~ better choices and lower alcohol intake!

keep up the good work ladies!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #77  
Working My Way Back Down

Hey, hey, hey - an SV to go with my jeans NSV. I went to WW tonight and was down 2.6!!

ETA: Barbara, that cabbage salad was to die for! I made a couple substitutions, i.e. some sweet onion chopped small for the green onion, and thinly sliced, quartered and blanched zucchini for the pea pods. Then I added a drop or 2 of sesame oil. Yummy. My DH liked it too. I served it with sliced tomatoes, and we didn't finish it - I have a small serving for lunch tomorrow. Thanks so much!

Last edited by WaterRat; 05-08-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:56 AM   #78  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Dinner was great, and 1 glass of wine.

BUT.

I am making a calculated decision not to exercise tomorrow. Not one but TWO old injuries are giving me issues, and I am exhausted. If my rotator cuff is strained again, its not going to be good, and my knee just aches.

Enforced rest, to resume on Friday. Still, 2/3 days isn't bad, and I think its the right call.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:35 AM   #79  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

With all the talk of salmon in the other thread, I ended up having salmon for dinner tonight. I had planned on trying new recipe for Tex-Mex Pork with Hominy, but I didn't read the recipe very closely in advance. When I went into the kitchen to start dinner at 7:30, I discovered it is supposed to cook for two hours! Oops--with prep, that would have had us eating after 10:00 PM! Luckily I had two Trader Joe's salmon patties in the freezer, so I made a quick emergency substitution of salmon sandwiches and still came in on plan. I guess we'll have the pork on Friday.

Mandalinn: That sounds like a good call on the exercise. Sometimes you just have to take a day off, especially when you are on the road and the days are long.

WaterRat: I'm glad you enjoyed the salad! One of the great things about it is that it is so versatile. The original recipe called for just cabbage, almonds and crushed ramen noodles fried in butter!!!! and dressing. All the rest of the ingredients were my own additions (and, of course, I nixed the ramen and the butter). Just about every time I make it I try something different; adding the tofu was my latest twist.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 05-08-2008 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:24 AM   #80  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Morning, everyone!

Day three is in the books -- and a success-- and I'm going into day 4 with a good head of steam.

The scale provided some extra motivation this morning: I'm now officially below the red zone and into orange. I still have 4 pounds to get into the green zone, which is my estimate of my weight at my body fat goal. (My goal is 14% bf, but of course I can't track this every day.) But, 4 pounds is a heckuva lot closer than I was last week! Thanks, ladies & gents, for the challenge and the thread.

Mel, I hope you're on your way with no last-minute mishaps!
Pat, way to go! Isn't it great to be able to fit easily into a favorite pair of pants?
EofAZ: Way to go!
Everyone else: Let's keep up the momentum! We're mere moments from shorts/bathing suit season, and time to show off the results of all the hard work!

Must. Get. More. Coffee.

Be strong,
Kim
Old 05-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #81  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Default Nailed it!!!

I had a stupendous, simply stupendous day yesterday.

In fact, it is one of the rare (extremely rare) days that I ate UNDER my calorie allotment. No excuses, but I was super busy, had an evening commitment and I got home close to 11:00 and just couldn't fit in my 2 evening snacks. Oh well.

And with Mel hoping on the scale yesterday, well, I decided to take the plunge today. I am exactly at my red line. 127. I really wanted to know what I weighed yesterday. I was happy with how I was feeling and my clothes were fitting well, though I do remember feeling & looking slighter in the past., which I like. I knew I wasn't at my goal and thought I might be right at about my red line, which I of course was. My stomach is bigger at my red line then at goal. So that's my goal for now - to get back to my goal. And when I get there, I want to lower my redline by 2 lbs.

Oh and fantastic news for me. Thanks to this thread and goalsuccess for the first time in months -I did not have multiple sugar free candies. Which is because I didn't have even one sugar free candy. Because with me, one turns into two, into three....... So that was a big accomplishment for me.

I am so glad to be a part of this and I can't believe how well everyone is doing. Well yes, I can. We are one determined group!!! Yay us.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 05-08-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:45 AM   #82  
Meg

Congratulations, everyone!!

I'm back from the gym, where I did cardio, back, and a touch of bi's:

30 min elliptical intervals
3 sets each:
- close grip lat pulldowns
- cable pullovers
- Hammer Strength low row
- BB curls
- weighted hyperextensions
10 min bike

I'm always fascinated by my HR monitor and was interested to see that my peak HR doing intervals was 160 and doing bicep curls was 158 -- almost the same number (my theoretical max is 167).

Food on this rainy day:

M1: Turkey sausage and cream of wheat
M2: Protein shake w/blueberries
M3: Salad w/ strawberries, salmon, and LF dressing
M4: Yogurt w/ dried cranberries and cinnamon
M5: 12-bean soup
M6: Protein + veggies, TBD

Let's keep it going!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:05 AM   #83  

Height: 5'5"

I am still working unconscionable hours, so I'm not taking care of myself the way I should with rest, etc. But my goal going into this was not perfection - just making it through without undoing all of the work I've done before. My deadline is today, though, so good or bad, I will be done! And then I can get to sleep. Monday morning (when I got up at 3 a.m.) to last night at 11:30 p.m. was the longest stretch I've ever gone with no sleep - including college (although to be 100% accurate, I did take three short naps totaling about 1.5 hours). As of tomorrow, I am looking for a better, healthier way to support my family! Back to topic, though, I tend to want to throw aside any concern for healthy eating when it's difficult to invest time in it and I'm sleep-deprived, but the "no excuses" phrase kept popping back into my mind - when my daughter offered me a cookie, when my husband offered me some chips, when I realized I was out of yogurt and was rifling through the fridge for something quick and healthy and having difficulty finding it, etc. I am extremely grateful for this thread because I won't have to spend the next few days beating myself into submission to get back on plan, and won't have the scale taunting me when I resume weigh-ins.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:45 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I've been to the gym again. Today I tried a stepper ... interesting.

I seem to be rounding up to about 150 cals more than I'd planned. Maybe my old bod is trying to tell me something. I'll try a few skimping techniques today and see how that goes.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #85  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I had an on-plan day yesterday, no sneaking treats! Due to schedule wackiness (again), I ended up eating oat bran for dinner at 9pm, but who cares? Aside from not having as many veggies as I would have liked, my calories (haven't calculated yet) probably came in extra low because of the nonexistant dinner. PLUS, I took the dog for his morning AND afternoon walks. I even jogged part of the way in the afternoon -- don't want to mess up my knees, but I wanted to do it so badly so I just did a couple short jogging intervals, no more than 5mins total.

Today's goal: actually cook dinner. We'll see what ends up happening.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I didn't get my exercise in, but eating was great and I'm down another pound! You know, that is the hard part--just getting started. But once I see a drop in weight, it spurs me on to complete the task! I'll be walking tonight and food is POP for what is planned so far. I'm sure dinner will be on plan as well.

Amanda~I know what you mean about being sidelined with injury. While mine isn't an injury, it sure hurts to the point where I can't even imagine running (walking is even a strain at times).
Old 05-08-2008, 12:08 PM   #87  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

hi everyone!

I couldn't have done cardio this morning if I wanted to - there is something odd going with the knee. I'm hoping I just overdid it with the hill running and wearing heels for 4 days in a row, and that it'll go away once I get back into flats and my nice, no-impact elliptical.

No meetings planned for today, so while I do have to eat everything on the run, I control it all.

B - Slimfast high protein
S - Orange
L - Asian Chicken Salad from the grocery store - pkg calories are 320, and I'll count it as that but get rid of some of the crispy wonton thingies and half of the dressing, so it will be less in practice.
S - Apple
S - Zone Perfect Bar
D - It'll be at the airport and, I'm guessing, another salad.
S - McDonalds cone or other on the way home from the airport with Sarah

I can't believe I got through all the hardest days where I couldn't control my food and was completely on plan for all of them. Today should be a cakewalk in comparison (except that I'm exhausted, and that always makes temptation a little harder to step away from). I have a Sensible Sweets hot cocoa on standby in case that happens and I feel the need for something sweet.

This morning - scale was still where it was when I left. Maintenance during a trip? I really haven't EVER done this before, and it feels good.

SusanB - WTG on getting to the gym! Make sure your knee stays behind your toes on the stepper - it can be so painful with improper form.

Robin - sometimes its easier to never get started, isn't it? Lessons learned - great job on figuring it out and not starting something you have trouble stopping!

LaurieDawn - wow! That's intense! Glad this is calming down for you soon.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:55 PM   #88  
Working My Way Back Down

Congratulations everyone - we're all doing so well!

B - cheerios with 1% milk (1/3 cup), toast with 1 TBSP PB,
S - 1/4 c lf cottage cheese, 1/4 c ff yogurt, peaches
L - left over cabbage salad, 1/4 avocado, 1 cup homemade veggie soup
S - apple and/or luna nectar bar
D - left over salmon, couscous, broccoli
Old 05-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #89  

I finished up yesterday OP for both food and exercise. I even made the mistake of sitting down when I walked into the house because DH was feeling a little "chatty" but I pulled myself back up and headed to the workout room and put in 30 minutes on the dreadmill. Hated every step of it, was bored out of my gourd but did it. The TV was on but it is at an odd angle so was difficult to watch. I need to adjust the blinds so I can see outside better, that makes it feel like you are walking outdoors instead of on a mill. I'm 100% on plan today so far and plan on putting my planned meals into Fitday next to make sure what I have planned the rest of the day is in line with my expectations.

LaurieDawn – I have to admit I do the same thing, when I start getting tempted I start repeating to myself “no excuses, no excuses, no excuses”. I feel like a little kid putting my fingers in my ears and closing my eyes tight to avoid something unpleasant. So I guess Meg, your phrase has made me feel like a kid again !?!? But whatever works to get me past this bump in the road.

Last edited by EofAZ; 05-08-2008 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #90  
Chuggin' along...

Hooray us! We are all doing GRRRRRREAT! I feel like Tony the Tiger.

Yesterday food & exercise were OP. I did 35 min. elliptical and 25 min. of intervals on the stairmaster (whew!). For dinner I made my much lightened version of Pad Thai with tofu for BF and myself and stuck to one portion (always hard for me to do), and steamed green beans. And my "treat" was a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich, bringing my grand total of the day to 1647 calories, and I was aiming for 1600.

Today I'm going to skip the gym b/c belly dancing class is tonight. My roommate and I have taken some classes before with this teacher and always had a lot of fun.

I'm still ignoring the peanut m&m's sitting 10 feet away on my coworkers desk. And the double chocolate cake in the kitchen down the hall (same one from Monday, which is different from the one last week). Normally, I would be saying "why doesn't someone eat those already?!" and then I would probably end up eating some. But nope. Not going to happen.
Closed Thread