Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:48 PM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Angie and I just got home from our Staurday morning Starbucks walk with the dogs. We cut it a little short 'cause Angie had to pee...doesn't she always! ...but we still got in at least 3 miles. I really enjoy trying to "catch" up to my wife first thing on Saturday mornings. Although I am not a big fan of Starbucks coffee, I do enyoy the time with my wife...it gives me a chance to "communicate" Don't act like you don't know what I am talking about!!

ALLISON and CAROLYN I see you both admitted to being up a bit on the weight. I weighed in at 173.0 this morning...up also...however, I am in denial and I simply refuse to acknowledge it! It isn't my fault! Can I help it that Angie and knucklehead nephew went to her mom's for a few days and my kids went off to New York and Florida this week and weren't around to help me eat the INCREDIBLE enchiladas I made for Christmas dinner...NOPE ...it IS NOT MY fault...denial...what a wonderful gift....

could be my is broke....it is a year old....yea....that's the ticket...

Angie and I have to make a Costco...grocery store...produce market run today for our New Years Eve party....(anyone know a great appetizer?) I will be back before the to check in.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK-END LADIES!
Old 12-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #62  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I'm with the gang that has a few holiday lbs. to lose. I'm trying to get my eating back under control too. I'm finally over the cough and can exercise again. Now to just make myself get started. When I went with Lacy to Hastings to use her gift cards (she loves books), I saw the Super Foods book and was tempted to buy it. I talked myself out of it. I decided instead that I should re-read my SB book and do what my Dr. has recommended.

Gary, I like to use trays of fresh fruits and veggies with low-fat dips as an appetizer.

Finally all cookies, cakes, pies and fudge are out of my house. This should help me in my efforts to straighten up my eating. Last night I made grilled chicken breasts, brown rice and green beans for dinner. It tasted good to have the appropriate food again.

I bought me 2 new Izod sweaters at JC penney's the other day. They were on sale 50% off and they sure are comfy. When all else fails, clothes shopping sure helps me get my mind back on trying to keep the weight off. LOL.

Today I'm taking Shelbey to use her gift cards and to have her nails done. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #63  

Height: 5'7"

Gary, our Costco carries an awesome roasted red pepper hummus--I just picked up a package today. Goes well with veggies, pita or other breads, chips, and what have you.

Got in a walk today. Felt good. My parents are visiting, which is keeping DD busy, and my father is doing some of the chores DH has been putting off. I have a secret hope this will shame DH into doing the chores better! It is really good to see them. DD absolutely adores them, and they her. It makes me want to weep. Bless the pregnancy bonding hormones!

BTW: I'm gaining, but roughly on track, up about 10 lbs at 16 weeks. Maybe on the high side of normal, but better than I feared.

Anne
Old 12-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #64  
lilybelle

Anne, it's great to know you've now gotten past that dreaded first trimester. 10lbs. isn't bad at all. Wishing you a very healthy pregnancy and a healthy new baby.
Old 12-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

[QUOTE=lilybelle;1972437]

Gary, I like to use trays of fresh fruits and veggies with low-fat dips as an appetizer.

Thanks LILY...We did get trays of fruit and veggies.

[QUOTE=wndranne;1972586]Gary, our Costco carries an awesome roasted red pepper hummus--I just picked up a package today. Goes well with veggies, pita or other breads, chips, and what have you.

Thanks ANNE, I actually picked up the hummus and pine nuts!

Got in a walk today. Felt good. My parents are visiting, which is keeping DD busy, and my father is doing some of the chores DH has been putting off. I have a secret hope this will shame DH ANNE if he is anything like my kidnapper son in law he has NO SHAME!! He will just let your dad (as in me) do ALL the work! into doing the chores better! ....................

Off to do more party planning ...OK...to have another beer and watch more football
Old 12-29-2007, 11:47 PM   #66  

Height: 5'7"

Ah, Gary, DH has a few quirks and his share of faults certainly, but he is actually a very decent man. It's just that he has this expectation that I'll act like an adult most of the time, do my share of stuff, and not expect him to drop everything immediately to do a distasteful chore. Sigh. And, well, Daddies are Daddies, and when mine is visiting, I'm second only to the granddaughter, and therefore get to act like a spoiled princess. How can DH compete with that, at least on a short term basis?? Here's hoping your daughter has seen something similar in your kidnapper son-in-law, and that he'll come around!

Thanks for your wishes Lily! Are you feeling better?

Anne

Last edited by AnneWonders; 12-29-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:03 AM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wndranne View Post
Ah, Gary, DH has a few quirks and his share of faults certainly, but he is actually a very decent man. It's just that he has this expectation that I'll act like an adult most of the time, do my share of stuff, and not expect him to drop everything immediately to do a distasteful chore. Sigh. And, well, Daddies are Daddies, and when mine is visiting, I'm second only to the granddaughter, and therefore get to act like a spoiled princess.AS IT SHOULD BE! How can DH compete with that HE CAN'T!, at least on a short term basis?? Here's hoping your daughter has seen something similar in your kidnapper son-in-law, and that he'll come around!EASY FOR YOU TO SAY...HE DOESN'T DRINK YOUR BEER!

Thanks for your wishes Lily! Are you feeling better?

Anne
Enjoy the time with your parents!
Old 12-30-2007, 08:49 AM   #68  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Morning, maintainers.

My "clock" is really off -- I know it's Sunday, 'cause that's what my infallible $14 timex from Target says, but it feels more like a Thursday. Which is OK, I suppose, because that will put New Year's eve on a "Saturday," with one day to recover before it's back to the regular schedule on the "Monday" the 2nd. Or something like that.

At any rate, it sounds like the damage wasn't *too* bad for most of you. I'm up about 4 pounds from my all-time, pre-Thanksgiving low. 135 is still a very respectable weight for me, and it's appx. 20 pounds less than last year at this time, but I'm still disappointed in myself for exceeding my self-imposed holiday fudge factor. And toffee factor, and pork tenderloin factor, and hot chocolate factor, and mixed nut factor, and ... Hmm, I wonder how it happened?

So, back on the bandwagon for me. My gym reopens next Wednesday, and by then I will have completed a major project with a Jan 2 deadline. I'll be hitting the cardio hard. Better get some songs loaded on my brand-new iPod. (My first ever: yeah, I'm a techno-slowpoke.)

Too far behind to do individual comments, but I'm glad to "see" everyone!

Kim
Old 12-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #69  
lilybelle

Anne, you're very welcome. Yes , I am feeling much better now, thanks.

Gary, glad to be of help with the fruit and veggie idea. I even keep these trays made up at home. My DD loves fresh raw veggies with dip, but won't hardly touch a cooked veggie.

kaw, I'm a techno-slowpoke too. I bought each of my kids MP3 players for Christmas and now I wish I had got myself one too. I think it would be nice to have at the gym. (of course I would have had to have my kids download the music for me cause I haven't a clue,LOL). I try my best to ignore technology. I'm probably the only person on earth over 6 yrs. old that doesn't know how to send or receive a text message.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:17 PM   #70  
Carolyn

S/C/G: 146/113/110

Height: 5.1

I just learned that one of my good friend's mother had a stroke last night and is on a ventilator at the hospital at the shore. My GF is going to fly in tonight or tomorrow from the West Coast and because of our New Year's Eve/Day family commitments I might not get to see her right away.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Carolyn~best wishes for your friend's Mom.

I got up and went for a 3 mile walk with DH and the dogs and ran the last mile home. I think I'm feeling better. I'm so thankful that this was just a headcold and it didn't move into my chest.

I've been talking to both my Mom and Dad regularly. Mom is getting all sorts of visitors (the rehab she is in is less than 5 minutes from their house so a lot of neighbors come to visit). Mom says she is clearly the youngest there by at least 10 years (and she is 82!). Mom goes for therapy twice a day and loves it--she says she feels so much better after each therapy session. As soon as she can demonstrate that she can care for herself, they'll let her go home. I'm thinking it will be at least another week or so (which would be better--she wouldn't need to get a wheelchair as she'll be able to bear some weight on her leg).

Diet-wise I'm partially back on track. I've not been snacking (good) but I made a casserole yesterday with cream and butter and cheese. I didn't go overboard, however, and my weight is down half a pound. We have more relatives coming in this week to celebrate two birthdays (FIL on the 1st and DH on the 4th) and we have a lot of festivities planned (including a BB King concert next weekend). I'll do my best to track and stay within my calorie limits, although it will be difficult to stay within my fat limits.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #72  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Carolyn -- I hope she will get better soon. That sounds scary.

Allison -- I guess this is good news. If she likes it there and is eager to heal, then it'll probably go for the best. It's giving up that might be a downer. I hope she'll be back home ASAP!

Count me in as well in the boat of 'those who have a few pounds to lose'. The bad news is that, yeah, I am like 6 lbs over my ticker (I wonder if I should change it or not, I can never decide). The good news, in a way, is that I haven't gained anything over the holidays, so whatever I have to lose is just the result of my silly pre-Xmas behaviour.

I have thrown a dare to my mother a few days ago: losing 8 lbs by the end of January, which will likely be easier for her than for me anyway, since the more one has to lose, normally, the faster they lose at first (at least AFAIK). She keeps on saying that she "should really lose weight", so I left her some of my tips 'n tricks, as well as the 1- and 2-miles WATP DVDs, and now it's hers to make whatever is needed out of them. Too bad I didn't manage to persuade her that there were 4 full days-without-feasting between Boxing Day and New Year's Eve, and that she didn't have to "wait until after NY because it's not worth it". (Given the damage I now know I'm able to do to my body in 4 puny little days, I don't exactly believe that not watching oneself during a period even as short is a good choice, but...)

And yeah, I have a NY's Eve dinner to face tomorrow. And it'll probably be fine. One of the friends who will attend as well has sent me the menu, and in spite of a lack of vegetables (but everything lacks vegetables IMHO ), it looks pretty tasty and not unhealthy (fish, rice...). Even if I'll likely end up taking dessert like the others. One portion, not two, nor three. Hehee.

I wish everyone a happy New Year in advance, since I'm not sure when I can tour 3FC again before the 1st.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #73  
lilybelle

I'm having a great day today. DH called and has gotten an awesome pay raise again. I foresee lots more remodeling now that can be afforded . Yippee. He sounded very happy. He is loving this job and the promotions that he's getting. I'll try to be extra sweet to him next week when he gets home, LOL.

Carolyn, sorry to hear about your mom's friend , I hope you get to go see her soon.

Allison, sounds like your mom is perking up and doing great . That really means alot in a rehab. situation. I wish a speedy recovery for her.

Kery, my SD has a wt. loss challenge right now with her own mother. They are seeing who can lose 30 lbs. first. The winner gets $250.00 from the loser to buy clothes with. My bet would be that neither of them will win or finish the contest.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:04 AM   #74  
Working My Way Back Down

Hi

Just finished disassembling Christmas here. My DH is leaving tomorrow to go visit his 95 year old Dad in Massachusetts and I didn't want to pack up everything (and move the furniture) by myself, so today was the day! Nice to have the house normal and clean.

I weighed myself at the gym yesterday, and I appear to be down a pound from the Wed before Christmas! Makes me a happy camper. Although we went to several parties, we had virtually no goodies at home, and went to a neighbor's for Christmas dinner, so no leftovers from that either. Maybe that's the key. Who knows. I tried hard to visit more and eat less, and I never came home feeling too full....

Tomorrow I have to work all day. Then a friend has invited me to dinner, along with another couple. However, I fully expect to be back home by 9 or 10, and fast asleep when the new year arrives! If the gym is open I'll stop there between work and dinner. We went yesterday, and I forgot to ask how late they'd be open tomorrow. They're closed on Tuesday, of course.

Allison, glad to hear your mom is improving. My FIL is 95 and he is not doing well - which is why my DH is going there - but he still lives alone and is mentally healthy. His body is just wearing out. But he's had a good long life and really has been pretty healthy and able to get out and about as he wanted up until the last year or so.

Gary - sounds like your daughter married someone just like her Dad! (Ducking here.... )
Old 12-31-2007, 03:32 AM   #75  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Lilybelle -- I'm so broke and cheap that I'd jump on the opportunity to earn $250. Now, who knows, perhaps it will indeed be quite an incentive for one of them at least, even if she ends up losing part of those pounds only.
Closed Thread