Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Merry Christmas everyone.

We had Christmas dinner at my MIL's last tonite. Tonite it's me, DH and our kids opening gifts. I'm cooking lasagna. I'm already tired of turkey for this year. I did bring home peach cobbler , pumpkin pie, pecan pie, chocolate pie, cheesecake and fudge last night. But, fortunately I have no desire to eat any of it. DH bought me a low-fat frozen yogurt cone today while we were out. I took maybe 3 bites and threw it in the trash. Now, throwing this away was unheard of previously.

DH got his quarterly bonus today and is out finishing up a little last minute shopping. I thought I was smart finishing my shopping early but today I had to go buy groceries. Man, it was crazy.

I did get some nice new clothes last night from my MIL and Aunt. It feels great to wear "normal" sizes and for others to be able to shop for me . They bought my shirts size medium and they fit perfect. My PJ sets are mediums and are baggy but that's OK for them to fit loose.

Next week I plan to be hittin the gym. My cold is slowly leaving and I am feeling better.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Meg, I'm really sorry your DD won't get to be with you for Christmas. I'm already dreading that next Christmas my son won't be home (He'll still be deployed). It will be the first time we've ever been apart on the holiday. Hugs.

Last edited by lilybelle; 12-24-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:54 PM   #17  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Happy holidaze!
I am 3 pounds below my 9 month maintenance weight. I weighed in the past few days at 142 so I am a happy camper, that'll give me a lil wiggle room if needed during the holidaze! Dinner tonight will be with the outlaws, dinner tomorrow with friends, cocktail hr for the next several days with my homies from highschool too. Hope I can hold my own and be semi-good, only time will tell though... I feel fantastic in my new great form fitting fashion jeans that hubby just bought me.

I saw I am legend last week, I am not at all a sci-fi kinda gal, but the movie was a very good story line, but the freaky aliens scared the be-jesus outta me! Eeek, so glad I didn't have nightmares... All in all, just an ok movie, one that I won't be seeing again. ~Wendalyn
Old 12-24-2007, 08:56 PM   #18  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Thought I'd share this picture for a little holiday cheer!

Who needs reindeer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Santa Nipper.jpg (22.7 KB, 20 views)
Old 12-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #19  
I wanna be SUPERWOMAN!

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'6 1/2"

DG, that is SO cute!! simply precious.

Wendalyn, WTG on the 3 pounds of wiggle room. I've been really struggling this month... no gains but no losses or further progress with my abs. I keep kicking myself and getting sad over eating all this crap, yet it feels like I can't stop! I now am reminded of why I never buy chocolate! (My parents sent me a whole bunch of very unhealthy treats for this holiday season... ) Hopefully you can continue to have a guilt free Christmas and new year!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 12-24-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:01 AM   #20  
The Pink Champagne

S/C/G: 165/114/110

Height: 5'2"

Haha, thanks! He didn't think it was too cute!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

DG, what an adorable picture!

Shane, I'm with you on having a hard time resisting the treats this holiday season. I ate like a maniac last night. Well, not really, but compared to how I've eaten all year, it was pretty bad. Somehow I've managed to stay around 163 so far, but I'm waiting for the scale to go up to reflect the damage I've been doing.

Lily, congrats on resisting the temptation of the stuff all around you, or I should say congrats on not even being tempted! That's wonderful!

Meg, I too am sorry that your daughter isn't with you.

Everyone else, I love all of you--and Merry Christmas!!

Last night, I went to my sister-in-law's for our annual Christmas Eve party. Her father was there, and I hadn't seen him since last Christmas. He didn't recognize me at first, and then he told me I look terrific. But he kept going on about it, and when I brought out all the cookies I'd made, he said "But you can't have any, or you'll get fat again." All night he watched every bite I put in my mouth (and there were a lot). Then, before he went to bed, he said good night to everyone and then pointed at me and gave me a stern look and said: "Don't you ever get fat again!" Then, after everyone's awkward laughter, he said I look great. It was a bit annoying, but he's this blunt little Indian man who says whatever he thinks in his thick accent and everyone just overlooks it. Luckily, there weren't many people there and they were just close family (my husband's side), or I would've felt quite a bit more uncomfortable. People really will say anything, huh?

Last edited by LisaMarie71; 12-25-2007 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:54 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Regarding the man who said " don't get fat again" ,,,,do people think we get fat on purpose?
Old 12-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #23  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

MERRY CHRISTMAS MAINTAINERS

Quiet around here this Christmas morning....could be my depression of weighing in this morning, up a pound + from yesterday at 171.0 after last nights carnitas and chip feast! I did pretty good on the eating...just two carnitas with rice and beans...no pies or cookies....was very easy on the beer...tried to fill up on the relish tray stuff...but man oh man did I hit the chips and guacamole! That and Angie made burgers for lunch...and there was potato chips!...DANG!!

We had a great day with family and friends and capped it off with Candelight Service at church. My son and daughter in law will come by today, my daughter and the kidnapper are heading out to the desert to be with her granparents in-law and mother in law.

LISAMARIE I bet the guy meant well! I have said a lot of dumb things, trying to be complimentary, in my life! MEG I am sorry you are without your daughter for the first time at Christmas....since both my kids have gone off and got married in the last 13 months, I am experiencing many of those same situations from time to time....that's why it is QUIET around here this morning! Love the picture DAWG! I think I will invite myself to that New Years Eve party SHANE Great job on the wiggle room EVIL! What time you want me there for lasagna LILY? My daughter is heading out your way ALLISON see if you can make the kidnapper disappear! Hope your mom is better. Have a great time with your friends MEGAN and WaterRAT. I changed a "poopy" diaper last night...my great nephew's...ANNE and JOYOF SIX...I don't miss those days! SUSAN I trust you will enjoy the little time off you have as you celebrate the His birthday! JAY still cooking those steaks? CAROLYN I might not make that AHI dinner...I could be at LILY'S for lasagna ROBIN I hope the laundry faries arrived! FEATHERZ it's beautiful weather for Disneyland!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Old 12-25-2007, 12:31 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Hi gang,

I'm doing OK with my food. Probably a cookie or two too many, but no serious issues. It is SO much easier being away from work and being able to control the food around.

DD had a great morning, as Santa left a banana peel by the fireplace and she wanted one of her own. She got so much stuff from her relatives, it is almost just embarrassing. Now she has withdrawn and is spending some time alone in her room, most uncharacteristic.

EZ, watch those carnitas. But, um, YUM! LisaMarie, sounds like you did great with your relatives, and I'm with bargoo, sometimes you just gotta wonder! DG, you dog is adorable; I bet he hated every second of it! Shane, good luck with your treats. Wendalyn, I'm envious of your wiggle-room. Lily-LASAGNA. You are my kind of mom!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Anne
Old 12-25-2007, 01:06 PM   #25  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh LisaMarie. The darn FOOD POLICE...... ARGH!!! I don't know why in the world people think it's perfectly okay to sit (or stand) and comment on what other's are eating. It happens to me ALL the time. I would never in a million, trillion years comment on what OTHERS are eating, why oh why would do they think just because we've lost weight that we're open season?

I suppose he meant well.

Yummmm. Lasagna. Lily, I'm so happy for you. It IS a great feeling to be able to let others shop for you, I'm sure. So very, VERY normal. Ahhhh...

Wendalyn, Yay for wiggle room!!! I hope to have a couple of lbs of that some time next week. Or the week after. Perhaps the week AFTER that.

EZ, I think you're doing just great!! One lb is NOTHING. Nothing.

Anne, sounds like you're daughter made out pretty well. I hope she enjoys everything.

DG, what a cute dog!!!

Shane, it sounds like you are gearing up for quite the New Years. People are gonna practically faint when they see you.

Helloooo to the rest of the gang and have a great, GREAT Christmas one and all!!!!!
Old 12-25-2007, 01:09 PM   #26  
I wanna be SUPERWOMAN!

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is enjoying themselves today.
The GF and I were originally going to go out to eat, but now I've found out that she is bringing home Christmas food and won't be home until late anyway. We're going to do our "Christmas" dinner tomorrow. That's fine with me, really.

Lisa, what a STUPID man! It's funny how much people can get away with when they have these thick foreign accents... did you see the movie Borat? People telling me what they think I "can't" eat REALLY irks me... I'm not sure why they are tempted to be the food police. "Should you be eating that? It's FATTENING! You don't want to get FAT again, do you?" was a common line I heard at all the work-related parties, along with, "You can't eat that!" I'm thinking, "Ok, I lost weight successfully and I'm not unhealthy or about to keel over, so I think I know what I'm doing. Leave me the alone! "

Then again, like Gary said, sometimes men are not the best compliment givers. The guy probably DID mean well and did not realize he was irking you.

Gary, no pie or cookies?! Dang. Good job! I also LOVE guac and chips, so I'd be having a very difficult time putting up any kind of resistance. If only we could combine the virtual world with the real world... I could invite myself to your Mexican Christmas party and then you could invite yourself to the new year's party and drink lots of BEER!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Here are a couple of pictures of my family from yesterday. Angie and I of course and then a picture of my kids....Top left to right ~ kidnapper ~ nephew ~ son ~ bottom left to right ~ daughter ~ step-daughter ~ daughter in law

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-02-2008 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Merry Christmas everyone!

My Mom has been moved to a rehab hospital and I had the number wrong and couldn't call her yesterday. SIL called last night with the correct number. I was really afraid she'd be spending Christmas all alone as the weather in SLC is terrible--feet of snow falling and Dad really shouldn't drive at all, let alone in the snow. I called her today and Dad was there. I guess the snow stopped last night while he was in church with my brother and his family. The rehab hospital is letting him eat 2 meals a day there which is wonderful because no one has to worry that he isn't eating since Mom isn't around to cook for him. I'm sure once Mom is home, he'll have to do some cooking for the two of them. I had a nice talk with them both and got off the phone and cried. I feel so bad that she's not well and can't go home just yet. They haven't opened my present to them because Dad had too much to carry in for my Mom--I guess she gave him a list of things she'd need for her stay there.

I made it out for my run this morning but it was just terrible. I did the entire 2 miles, but only ran half of it. I had a terrible head wind and running into it just threw me off. I couldn't get my stride because I couldn't hear myself breathe. The wind even pulled my baseball cap off and I had to turn around and run after it.

Everyone is relaxing and watching a movie and soon we'll be preparing dinner. My tummy isn't feeling very good right now--probably due to all the cold meds I've been taking. I'm actually drinking a Sprite in hopes that it helps settle my tummy (reminds me of when I'd have the flu and my Mom would bring me Sprite to drink). Everyone is having a great Christmas here and I hope everyone out there is as well.

Gary, where is your DD headed? I'll see if I can round up a posse and kidnap her hubby for you!!
Old 12-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #29  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Cochella Valley...thanks! I knew I could count on you!
Old 12-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #30  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

oops ALLISON, as I was walking the dogs I realized that my daughter's grandparent's home is in Coachella...we always just say Coachella Valley...I do know there is more to the VALLEY than Coachella! Her grandparents in law have small houses and condos all over California and Arizona...you never know where they will be. For Thanksgivng the kids went up to see them at their home in Northern California of Paradise. If you see him and just chase him around he'll probably run out of gas...I'm sure he doesn't have any extra $$$ for gas!
Closed Thread